« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > In Car Electronics > MOST issue
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
IAINLENNOX

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Indus Silver
MOST issue

Hello all. I have a 2014 HSE LUX Freelander 2 which I have had from new. Over the last year the satnav/radio unit has come on after I have been driving. Initially after a few mins then after a longer and longer time. Three weeks ago it was taking 40 mins to come on now it does not come on at all. The reversing camera will come on when in reverse for 1 sec in every 10 secs. When the unit did eventually come to life it then worked for the rest of the day. Initially I had a diagnostic scan which found many codes, which were deleted and the unit came to life for the rest of the day. I have read all the threads. I changed the battery, I have done many hard resets. I took the car to the main dealer who had it for 2 days then said they did not have a clue. I changed the head unit to no avail. I took down the rear off side fascia and found two MOST modules, I bought an optical bypass and bypassed them in turn, neither showed a red light neither bypass worked. The head unit new and old both produced a red light when I initially connected them to power but only for 10 seconds or so. I took down the fascia on the near side rear quarter but did not find and MOST cables to bypass. Is there another MOST module for me to find ? behind the dash I found the headunit / dvd/ sat nav and the screen unit. I have the 2014 model with no sat nav dvd under the seat, I have found two modules in the off side boot, I assume there is a radio amp a bluetooth and a DAB module does anyone know where to look for the third module? NEXT from reading the threads it sounds like a DAB module problem, where is the DAB module? and someone suggested removing the metal strip in the rear fuse box to reset the DAB module, do I prize it off with a srew driver? can I break it? is it meant to be lifted off and pushed back in again or is it attached to anything ? wiring or such like. Many thanks Iain

Post #405938 30th Mar 2021 12:44 pm
SYFL2

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Way beyond me this one but good luck

Post #405946 30th Mar 2021 5:48 pm
Vanny

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Santorini Black

Sounds neither like a DAB module nor a MOST problem, but a CANBus issue. Or power supply fault.

The DAB module is in the right-hand side of the boot with the AAM (Amp)

Have you tried a hard reset on the whole system?

Post #405994 31st Mar 2021 6:31 pm
p_gill

United States 2008 Freelander 2 i6 SE Auto Tambora Flame

Ian,

I will try to help, but its not clear exactly what you did (we need pictures and smaller paragraphs)

First question did you use a Male or Female MOST loopback?

The Male plugs into the module

The Female plugs into the fiber optic cable that you removed from the module

In my case I used a Female Loop Back to bypass the Bluetooth module (see below)

If you used a Male Loop Back then stop reading this and get a female loop Back and try again

This first picture is of the Loop Back that I used

This second picture is of the module that I was working on

This third picture is of the module by passed

The Good News

- The Loop back functioned perfectly

- The module shown above was by passed

- Making this change was very easy after removing the interior panels

- If my Bluetooth Module stops working I know how to bypass it

The Bad news

- I bypassed the Bluetooth phone module (This is a working module that I actually use)

- I was trying to bypass the Sirius Satellite Radio module (I don't use this module and some Volvo owners are un happy with theirs, due to batter draining issues)

Now I need to find out exactly where the Satellite module is located.

Take Care

Paul

PS here is the part I purchased https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FREU5...&psc=1

Post #406014 31st Mar 2021 11:37 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1