Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > In Car Electronics > Meridian Audio - HiLine to Premium Surround! - COMPLETED!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 11 of 12 <123 ... 101112>
Print this entire topic · 
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

+1

There are people in our block of Units like that. I am the longest owner of 30 years & 3 Units for that matter & know every last ploblem, bolt, nut & screw. They can go & jump! Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #393180 26th Jun 2020 3:19 am
alex_pescaru

In other guy's defence, indeed, you posted physical modifications, but no CCF details...
On 9th Jan 2016 7:33 am, when you said:

Quote:
As simple as adding 3 speakers, changing over AMP's and changing 2 fields in the CCF.
I just like to say a special Thank You ......
Job complete.

You could have written the details for CCF.
Since the above, 3 different people asked you which modifications on CCF, but no answer...
And sadly, this is not a singular case...
As a conclusion, just like the guy said and is right, in order to avoid appearing like "show own achievements", pretty please post full details for all operations.
There, the 4th request for help... Bow down
No offense, I hope...

- Cut skin, open thoracic cavity, stop heart and replace those two arteries. Put all back in reverse order.
- Doctor, sorry, I am learning and I am new here, but which arteries? And how do I replace them?
- Yes, doctor, me too I would like to know...
- Me, three !
- You came here for the first time and ask things like that? Boy, very disappointed that has come to these demands!
Laughing Laughing Laughing
Sorry, just a little innocent banter... No offense.... Thumbs Up

Post #393185 26th Jun 2020 8:13 am
grumsel

Netherlands 2012 Freelander 2 TD4 Sport Auto Barolo Black

Sorry, can't help much, I don't have access to SDD and my FL2 doesn't have a Meridian system.

But here is a link to a Russian forum where they show the change: https://www.drive2.ru/l/544842922130933649/
Google translate will translate most of it but the CCF changes are only shown in a picture (in Russian) and are not translatable Big Cry. Looks like they are changing 3 settings, not sure.

Found a similar question for a Jaguar and there they mentioned 3 CCF fields as well:
Yes, I can use SDD. I have done all of the CCF which you mentioned for the speakers and amps.
Modify three consecutive fields of the CCF
1) Audio from Highline to Premium
2) Small center speaker
3) With subwoofer

If I translate "central speaker" and/or "subwoofer" to Russian with google translate the words look the same as in the picture in the first link.

Post #393190 26th Jun 2020 9:50 am
Stuartc

Australia 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Aintree Green

alex_pescaru wrote:
In other guy's defence, indeed, you posted physical modifications, but no CCF details...
On 9th Jan 2016 7:33 am, when you said:

Quote:
As simple as adding 3 speakers, changing over AMP's and changing 2 fields in the CCF.
I just like to say a special Thank You ......
Job complete.

You could have written the details for CCF.
Since the above, 3 different people asked you which modifications on CCF, but no answer...
As a conclusion, just like the guy said and is right, in order to avoid appearing like "show own achievements", pretty please post full details for all operations.
There, the 4th request for help... Bow down
No offense, I hope...

- Cut skin, open thoracic cavity, stop heart and replace those two arteries. Put all back in reverse order.
- Doctor, sorry, I am learning and I am new here, but which arteries? And how do I replace them?
- Yes, doctor, me too I would like to know...
- Me, three !
- You came here for the first time and ask things like that? Boy, very disappointed that has come to these demands!
Laughing Laughing Laughing
Sorry, just a little innocent banter... No offense.... Thumbs Up

No offence taken but I choose not to divulge exact CCF fields as people tend to just try the changes even if they’re not for that particular MY let alone platform. As you are aware Alex there is 3 distinct CCF break points in the L359 CCF lifespan so some changes may work for some and not others leading to problems.
There’s already been 1 well documented disaster on here when someone has gone ahead and “bricked” their vehicle which resulted in a barrage of PM’s from this person to me and something I don’t won’t to feel responsible for. Another example was a gentleman making changes to CCF without battery support resulting in also a “bricked” vehicle. Some information can be dangerous in inexperienced hands so I prefer to handle these enquiries via PM where I can have a little more information about the persons experience with CCF editing and if they know their stuff then I tell them.
The gentleman in this case hasn’t either bothered to have a correct vehicle signature or in fact any information relevant to what he’s doing.
Anyhow It’s no secret if you bother to look for the changes!
That my opinion and I’m sticking to it.
I get A LOT of PM’s requests and Frankly happy for you Alex to handle for CCF information so I’m free to get on with my work!😂 MY15
Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
Surround Camera System
InControl Apps soon to be replaced with CarPlay (WIP)
Meridian Premium Surround Sound
Digital Audio Broadcast
Timed Climate
Cruise ECO Data
Follow Me Home Reverse
Extra Features Menu
Picture In Motion
4x4i screen (WIP)
Digital Broadcast TV
Meridian Rear Media with WIFI
Factory Powered Tailgate
Blind Spot Monitoring (BSM)
Reverse Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA)
Electrochromatic Wing Mirrors (WIP)

Post #393198 26th Jun 2020 10:55 am
Linds Hanson

England 2014 Freelander 2 TD4 Dynamic Auto Firenze Red

Sorry to have mislead on vehicle spec but I have clearly stated twice that the vehicle spec is 2014 MY Dynamic with HL Meridian fitted from factory, I have fitted the latest gen Prem amp and extra three speakers but need to know what fields in CCF are required for the upgrade. I thought it would be a simple request to save time and help everyone else contemplating this conversion?

Post #393211 26th Jun 2020 1:34 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Linds Hanson

Hi many thanks to all for your replys and encouragement Thumbs Up By the way the the D pillar trims LR039894 and LR039895 come already fitted with the speakers LR025878 so only one LR025878 and centre dash mount LR040364 need to be purchased

Post #393212 26th Jun 2020 1:41 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Vanny

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Santorini Black

alex_pescaru wrote:
3 different people asked you which modifications on CCF, but no answer...

Here's my position on the question you pose Alex.

My experience after years on Forums trying to help with diagnostics is that, at least in the UK, users looking for diagnostic support fall into two main categories.

First is the inquisitive, technically aware sort that will go and do the research and become knowledgeable enough to make a good risk Vs reward assessment. These people usually have a grasp of what they are trying to achieve by the time they come to ask a question, eg they have made CCF changes that haven't worked, and they've typically just got stuck and need a little help.

The other sort, I'm wary of but don't generally find them on the Freel2 forum. These are the sort that can see the benefit of a feature, plod straight in, and need everything written down for them step by step. They typically don't do much research first and often all posts on a forum are demanding knowledge. They don't share basic information like vehicle model/year or their previous experience with diagnostics. Often as soon as the retrofit is done, they disappear from the forum again, which adds very little to the community.

This latter sort is the reason I don't get involved with the technical detail of CCF edits. I have previously had terrible trouble from members on another car forum who I helped, and they bricked their car. They blamed me. In one case quite a few of their mates blamed me. The chap had to spend quite a bit of money fixing the issue and made all sorts of threats and attempted to extort money from me. It went on for years and it was horrid.

You've taught me a lot through your posts on other forums, which I am grateful for. I know the CANBus system on the facelift Freelander 2 reasonably well, and I am sharing that knowledge in a step by step manner, it's on the BXProject Blog. But I do not know the SDD system very well, and I'm not overly knowledgable about CCF edits. I also do it by field address ID and not the 'common' SDD name. It can take me months of small changes to get roughly the expected outcome. I've completely locked my car up before and taken quite some time to 'un-brick' it. I've also bricked modules that couldn't be recovered!

Ultimately I don't have the confidence to support people in making changes to their CCF from absolute scratch, I don't have the personal time to handhold people through to a solution, and I'm wary of the outfall of helping the wrong person. If I could overcome all of these things, I could have gone off and set up a company modifying JLR products, as older members of this forum have. http://oldjaguar.com/

I apologise for 'airing my laundry' in public, but I get regular requests for CCF info which I politely decline, perhaps now people can see my reasons, whether they agree or not.

Post #393235 26th Jun 2020 8:28 pm
alex_pescaru

Thank you all for sharing your point(s) of view on things.

During time, I put together a fair share of tutorials, where I've tried to share all the needed knowledge and all the necessary steps for a successful conclusion.
Maybe I was lucky or maybe I've explained well, but now, thinking in retrospect, there were very few PMs or questions asked and I didn't encounter such attitudes from others, like you are saying.
And there was, from time to time, an occasional "bricked" car here and there, but none of them owners accused me of something or worse.
They've gone forward, changed the (brown now) pants and in the end, with or without help, they've solved the problem. And everybody was happy.

Maybe because (and here I am not trying to imply or suggest anything or be xenophobic) of the different educations and/or conditions the western and eastern cultures have.
The more east you go, the more rough conditions you encounter and in a way you learn to solve by yourself any problem, without others help. And like Nietzsche said, what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.
The more west you go, you encounter more people who rely on others to solve the problems. And, without offense, different ways to blame other things or other ones for anything that happens in a certain situations.

But, indeed, there are sad cases where you see how soon people forget that at some point in time they were in the same situation, asking for help and they've got it, unconditionally.

But it shall not be so among you: but whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister;
And whosoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant.
Matthew 20:26-27

Post #393240 26th Jun 2020 10:49 pm
Vanny

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Santorini Black

Quote:
The more east you go, the more rough conditions you encounter and in a way you learn to solve by yourself any problem, without others help. And like Nietzsche said, what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.
The more west you go, you encounter more people who rely on others to solve the problems. And, without offense, different ways to blame other things or other ones for anything that happens in certain situations.

You know, I never thought about it like that, but you might have hit the nail on the head!

I've worked (professionally) with guys in Russia (mostly Moscow based), and they don't wait, they get stuck into a problem. They always hated how everything took so long in the UK and like you say their mentality was to get on with it and get the problem fixed. Actually it was a really nice change compared to the issues I had to solve in the UK.

Post #393241 26th Jun 2020 11:17 pm
alanmartinis

Brazil 2013 LR2 SD4 SE Auto Alaska White

Good afternoon, I would like to know the respective codes of the parts I need to buy to upgrade the meridian system 380w to 825w. thank you

Post #403586 2nd Feb 2021 5:49 pm
Pejo

Australia 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Indus Silver

Sitting down grabbing Popcorn waiting on results of this post Rolling with laughter

Post #403609 3rd Feb 2021 12:48 am
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

MY13/14/15 are different. Once you work out the correct parts, then it's CCF! Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #403612 3rd Feb 2021 4:59 am
Linds Hanson

To upgrade from Highline to Premium audio you will need the two rear C pillar trim inc speakers part number LRO39894 and LRO39895 (be careful with these as they have been coming through boxed incorrectly from JLR with the earlier type speaker with wrong connector) You will also need front centre speaker LRO25878 (same speaker as C pillar) and mounting bracket LRO40364. The Prem amp is LRO93599 unfortunately the CCF files are for secret squirrel eyes only!

Post #403646 3rd Feb 2021 8:20 pm
alanmartinis

Brazil 2013 LR2 SD4 SE Auto Alaska White

Thank you

Post #403762 5th Feb 2021 11:12 pm
Adrian02

Romania 2014 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Lago Grey

Hello everyone, as of recently i am a proud owner of a Land Rover Freelander 2 XS 2014, equiped with hiline meridian sound sistem. At first I was amazed by the sound system but now I feel like it needs something extra. After a great deal of searches I found this forum on the subject, and man i lit up when I saw is doable!! Thank you for everything you went through to put this up for everyone!
As of today i started the search for parts and the amplifier sims like the most challenging one to get. Where did you guys get it? Brand new is waaaay to expensive! I am searching in parts shops in my country but no luck so far, i don't think manny make the difference between the hiline and premium amp...
Any tips are more than welcome!

Post #411465 17th Aug 2021 7:01 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 11 of 12 <123 ... 101112>