« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > In Car Electronics > RSE Retrofit into Evoque
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
jimbob202002

United Kingdom 
RSE Retrofit into Evoque

Evening, so ive installed the factory fit RSE into my rangerover evogue, the rear touchscreen remote dock is charging the remote without an issue so power is coming from the RSE Module, i've also tested the pin outs at the screens and seeing 12v

So i have two issues.

First issue is when i click on rear screens on the dash to turn on both screens i dont get a single thing on the two screens, they dont light up or display a thing. not sure if this is a wiring issue or a CCF issue.

Second issue is modifying the CCF, i now have the rear screen option on the front screen but no option for the rear USB that i can see even though its charging my phone perfectly fine but cant transmit data at the moment.

I have a copy of my current CCF if anyone can look and see if they can see where im going wrong or if i've enabled everything that should be enabled.

Any Assistance would be helpfull before i chuck £400 on a GAP idtool to see if thats any better than SDD

Post #401066 13th Dec 2020 9:46 pm
Vanny

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Santorini Black

GAP won't give you anything over SDD, other than some simplicity.

Have you read the lengthy topic on retrofitting RSE to the FL2?

Did you pick up that both Start and myself found that the private can wiring to the rear screens where crossed over? There is a hidden junction in the seat that fixes this on production cars, but isn't shown in the wiring diagram.

Post #401073 14th Dec 2020 9:18 am
jimbob202002

United Kingdom 

Hi Vanny, Yeah i read through that thread multiple times while buying in the parts to do this project, when the system is booted i get nothing on the two rear screens, no logo or indication that the screens have even turned on, later today im going to run the multimeter at the screen connecter as previously i did this at the mid connection to make sure all was ok.

i presume that either the RSE module - RSE ECU ASSY (CPLA-11E001-AA) isnt compatible with the PAG GEN 3 screens (CW93-19F210-AA) or i have a wiring issue for power which i dont think i have but will know today.

i've edited the CCF already to some extent and see the rear screen options and the it says screens are on for both left and right.

Post #401081 14th Dec 2020 10:12 am
jimbob202002

United Kingdom 

so at the screens, i get the following:

passenger Seat -

14.5v at power pin and Ground pin
14.5v at power and Code pin

this is due to the code cable spurs from the ground further down the harness as per schematics.

Drivers Seat

14.5v at power pin and ground pin
0v at power and Code pin

this is due to the code cable is shown not to spur from the ground further down the harness as per schematics.

Post #401085 14th Dec 2020 10:49 am
jimbob202002

United Kingdom 

Today I pulled out the carpets and seats to complete installing the wiring, I’ve ran the green fakra cable from the front touch screen to the green fakra on the RSE module, I’ve then ran the green lvds from the RSE module to the TV tuner plus the rear remote power, rear USB port and the power and data for the screens

Car is now all back together but still no image on either rear screen. No boot up logo on either so not sure if it’s CCF related or faulty screens or RSE Module. As I’m getting power into the module and back out to both screens and rear remote dock I presume it’s functioning as expected.

The other issue is that the rear remote controls both don’t seem to turn anything on or off in regards to the rear screens on the front head unit, pairing issue maybe?

Post #401192 16th Dec 2020 5:11 pm
Vanny

With a movie DVD in the front slot, What happens when you select "watch" then DVD as source. Does the DVD source button stay highlighted? If it goes blue then back to black then the head unit can't talk to the RSE. Could be electrical or CCF.

Where did you get the parts from and what are there part numbers?

Not something daft like trying to use post 2016 screens with a pre 2016 RSE?

The rear remote is just an accessory, having it working or not will have no impact on the RSE working, probably something not to worry about for now.

The fact that you have no rear media (AV) input showing suggests you've not got the CCF right. What did you change? I think I had to change 5 different areas of the CCF to get RSE to work.

Post #401280 18th Dec 2020 12:03 pm
jimbob202002

United Kingdom 

i got the headrests and the standard remote and headphones together

RSE Module - CPLA-11E001-AA
Part No: VPCPGF-9G706-CA

This module came from a discovery 4

The screens came from a Range Rover Sport

CW93-19F210-AA
Model No: VPAPGF-10E947-CB

I've tried a DVD, it goes in, i click on watch - DVD and it stays selected blue and shows a disk on each monitor i choose.

at the moment i think its the CCF file thats the issue and that i have some parts that still need to be changed due to the output in the application status menus in the hidden menu

Post #401291 18th Dec 2020 4:16 pm
Vanny

CW93 is the Gen2 system from the Jag XJ
CPLA is the Gen2.1 system from the full fat Range Rover

Might be the problem, but I think I have CPLA RSE module in my car with AW93 screens from a 2012 range rover sport. So should work.

Probably CCF if the IAM/FCDIM thinks the DVD is playing

Post #401293 18th Dec 2020 5:14 pm
jimbob202002

United Kingdom 

i will take another look at my ccf file later tonight

PMed over the CCF Vanny

Post #401294 18th Dec 2020 5:24 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1