« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Door Modules or Circuit Suspect/corrupted? SDD Reconfiguring
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Lovel

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Firenze Red
Door Modules or Circuit Suspect/corrupted? SDD Reconfiguring

It all began with a replacement battery. SDD MY2013.

Since I replaced my Freelander’s battery in the depths of winter earlier this year, I kept getting the battery charge warning light staying on which led me to try and use SDD (used programming battery supply unit & Mongoose) to reset it but unfortunately to no avail. It later transpired that I had not fully pushed home one of the connectors. After the connector was pushed home the low charge warning light was extinguished and all was fine apart from the fact that when I locked the car the folding mirrors only worked on every second locking sequence of the car. This sequence of two repeats every time
Lock with fob – Both Mirrors stay extended.
Open car with fob.
Lock car with fob – Both mirrors fold.
Open car with fob.
Lock with fob – Both Mirrors stay out, and so on, repeats every two locking cycle and hence is not intermittent.
I went back in with the diagnostic tool to investigate and found that two faults had appeared B11F6-15 DDM Driver door module & B11F7-15 PDM Passenger door module which SDD wanted to run diagnostics on but I couldn’t carry this out due to having no subscription to Topix.
As I was having my car serviced by the local Landrover dealer in a few months I thought I would get them to look at things and hopefully if something was corrupted they could rewrite the vehicles configuration due to perhaps something being corrupted, however the Technician that ran the diagnostics informed me that he couldn’t carry this out unless he investigated the door module issues first as that was the procedure in SDD before he was allowed to reconfigure. This meant that they would have to remove the door cards etc and fault find for any wiring defects, connector anomalies etc. At this point sensing a large bill I decided to call a halt to the investigation, and thought I would try and carry out some of the basic fault finding myself, thinking that how can two modules fail at the same time. I did inspect one side, but had difficulty trying to track down a wiring diagram for the later MY2013 car as there are some differences between the earlier wiring diagrams. Funnily enough at the same time the wipers decided to stop working sometimes. I ended up replacing a couple of relays in the fuse box in the engine bay and all seems to fine now hence I don’t think related. So to my questions.
Does anyone have a circuit diagram for MY2013 doors, mirrors, Fuses, ECU etc? perhaps an Evoque model may be closer?
What are the chances of two modules failing at the same time, I tend to believe it a configuration issue?
Can the dealer bypass the command in SDD need to investigate the door modules and just go straight to re-configure the vehicle?

Post #400676 4th Dec 2020 11:12 am
Lovel

Ah well no answer to my first post, so here goes how about this one then.

The CCF file shown in the photo below shows the ABS is “not fitted”. Can anyone advise if on their Freelander that CCF file the ABS is also “not fitted”?

Post #401063 13th Dec 2020 10:22 pm
SYFL2

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Surely someone on here can help ?

Post #401067 13th Dec 2020 11:18 pm
Grimdog

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e HSE Manual Barolo Black

I have watched this post for many days.

So sorry I can not help you perdonally...................I am just finding my way around SDD myself.

Lets hope the Gurus find their Christmas spirit ( this will goive you a bump as well ! )........

Post #401167 16th Dec 2020 1:41 am
Lovel

Gents, thanks for bumping. Perhaps my initial post was too busy, it can pay to keep things basic especially when on the scrounge for info.

Ideally if someone could provide a copy or CCF screenshot of all MY2013 HSE would be great to compare for a baseline or TBH any CCF file would help.

Funnily enough on my last session with SDD the PDM is “working” again but the DDM door module is still not chatting with SDD.

Post #401174 16th Dec 2020 9:55 am
Lovel

So no one has any info on whether the ccf code should say if ABS is fitted or not? I would think it should say fitted, but I would like to see someone else’s ccf codes to compare.

Post #401388 19th Dec 2020 11:45 pm
yovhannes

Russia 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Aintree Green

I have exactly the same issue with my MY2013 (

It started after small body repair (deep starches on the driver door and on the front right fender). I guess the service mans turned battery off for repair time. After that I had the mirrors folds only on every second locking with fob. And SDD showed exactly the same two errors.

It had been continued for one week and after that mirrors folded no more on locking. It started work only on pressing buttons for selecting mirrors on the driver door.

And today, after 4 days later, it started to fold on every locking... 3 time in a row so far) But I afraid it can broke again.

Lovel, how is your case going after half a year? Did you find the solution?

Post #411532 19th Aug 2021 8:30 am
yovhannes

Now it locks only every second time again Sad

Post #411879 30th Aug 2021 11:00 am
Lovel

I ended up changing the ccf file in SDD on the line for Powerfold mirrors current value from “Fitted” to “Retractable mirrors & integrated logic”. The problem was solved after that. I think in the past i had been playing with the ccf codes and changed it to “fitted” when i should have selected the latter option. Oh well everydays a school day. Hope this helps. Last month i sold the car and have now moved to a Discovery sport, unfortunately i dont think there is much playing around with this one as it uses the new Pathfinder instead of SDD.

Post #412871 30th Sep 2021 4:15 pm
yovhannes

Thanks for the update! I will try it.

Congratulations on the new Land Rover)

Post #412904 1st Oct 2021 1:59 pm
yovhannes

Hi all! I did the same as Lovel. Changed "Power fold mirrors" configuration and now mirrors folds every one locking.
Thanks!

Post #413113 6th Oct 2021 6:49 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1