Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > My Freelander 2 > Another new owner
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
GundogSD4

England 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black

Mine is Auto so not an issue but I have had stop/start on other cars and just kept it turned off. Thumbs Up

Post #399765 11th Nov 2020 7:36 pm
RobT

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Lago Grey

Chuckalicious wrote:
During one of the said implosions, you will search out a good independent Landy garage. Then you will fall in love with their marketing and buy their merch.....

Well, I did buy the t-shirt... Laughing

2010 HSE TD4 Lago Grey

Post #400191 20th Nov 2020 6:15 pm
RobT

Also my Travall floor mats finally arrived and have been installed.

It's all beginning to come together now I think. Had to get the fuel filter changed out, so fingers crossed that solves the problem of the 'low power' warning kicking in on long journeys. Just need to get this Lockdown 2 finished so I can go on a long journey to test it!

2010 HSE TD4 Lago Grey

Post #400192 20th Nov 2020 6:16 pm
RobT

Bit of an update! I know I've been quiet on here but it's been a busy few months.

Fuel filter replacement sorted out the error code/reduced power issue.

4x new Avon tyres fitted, balancing and tracking done.

Witter flange towbar and electrics fitted from PF Jones (recommended). The electrics are great too. I went for the custom electrics rather than universal and other than having to remove a good chunk of trim from the boot area it was a smooth process and all works beautifully.

Parking sensors were a pain. Three genuine LR replacements and some wiring repairs had them working successfully until the recent heavy rain when I get a continuous tone from the rears. Reading the forums it seems like the sensors don't like the rain, which seems ludicrous on a vehicle specifically designed to wade. Anyhoo, we'll see if the summer sun puts them back in a good mood again. Assuming we get some, that is!

Finally, I got Reid Speed in Hinckley, Leicestershire, to service the Haldex and that has really smoothed things out. I have no paperwork suggesting that the oil has been changed in the diff so thought it worth doing given the 130k miles on the car. Highly recommended. Andy Reid was friendly and answered all my questions, and his team did a great job on the car.

That's everything I intend to do for now. Future thoughts include mudflaps and maybe, possibly, the screen upgrade to allow Apple CarPlay, but I'm not sure if I can bring myself to spend that cash...
 2010 HSE TD4 Lago Grey

Post #408045 20th May 2021 12:17 pm
Kage

For the rear sensor issue, hold a bit of tissue under the sensor and squirt WD40 at it. Should clear the fault.

Post #408058 20th May 2021 6:40 pm
RobT

Brilliant! Thanks @kage! 2010 HSE TD4 Lago Grey

Post #408087 21st May 2021 9:38 am
RobT

Update - 1 year on! The car has never left us stranded anywhere and until this week nothing has been annoyingly faulty. Then the DAB stopped working and the hifi kept power-cycling to my intense irritation. A used DAB module has been sourced and fitted but the power is still cycling so I may bypass the bluetooth module as I suspect that’s the problem, and I have an external bluetooth fitted to allow music streaming from my phone.

Also got a remap done a couple of months ago by Superchips and it has utterly transformed the overtaking capabilities. Highly recommended!

Other than that, regular servicing has seen it working fine. Loving it, and a huge THANKS to everyone on here who shares so much useful info on how to look after these vehicles. You guys are the best! 2010 HSE TD4 Lago Grey

Post #414291 6th Nov 2021 1:52 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123