« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > In Car Electronics > Retain Parking Sensor Tones after Head Unit Upgrade
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
bjbaker

Australia 
Retain Parking Sensor Tones after Head Unit Upgrade

So i decided to finally upgrade my base 2011 FL2 TD4 with the base OEM radio system (non optic) to an Alpine ILX system using one of the readily available harness systems (Aerpro in this case - looks the same as Connects2 / SpinalAudio) and alpine patching leads. The one thing I didn't account for (should have done my research?) was that I would lose the PDC/parking sensor tone functionality through the audio system. Has anyone got a new head unit, harness system and SWC box successfully working with the PDC tones? I see some kits available elsewhere in the world that look like they have an external buzzer that hooks onto the PDC system separately but thats a bit ugh. Smile Any pointers greatly appreciated

Post #396062 24th Aug 2020 11:48 am
Yorkshire Lass

United States 2012 LR2 SD4 HSE Auto Alaska White

Did you ever figure this out BJ?

I have the same problem, which I hadn't anticipated. I am frankly amazed that I have fitted a new head unit on my own at all! ...and with the SWC, reversing cam, bluetooth all up and running using one of those SpiralAudio harnesses (which cost three times as much as the Android unit itself). If anyone ever nicks it, I hope they leave the harness behind!

The unit is one of those 10.1 inch chinese ones off Amazon for about a $100 USD. There's a dozen brands which are all the same thing.

I'm dead chuffed with how easy it all was, other than I'd love to recover the PDC tones. I'm thinking they could probably be integrated using the Aux In cables but I don't know which wire in to the original interfaces they are?

Post #402982 21st Jan 2021 1:26 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1