Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > eBay & Bargain Spots > Beautiful HSE Luxury for sale
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
IanMetro

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Fuji White

Riverblanche, please can you repeat that link to LR schedule, it doesn't seem to work.
I am interested as it it could be next year for me. FL2 XS SD4 Auto 2010 2012-2017 (21k - 91k miles) (MY2011)
FL2 Metropolis SD4 Auto 2014 2017- (16k - 74k+ miles) (MY2015)

Post #394789 28th Jul 2020 9:52 pm
Wonderdust

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

^^ I suspect the independent indy would not pay for a new engine if the belt went pop after 8 years! Even after giving such advice.

Post #394793 29th Jul 2020 5:02 am
Steve D

United Kingdom 

TooBlue wrote:
riverblanche wrote:
10 years old as that was the recommended time until very recently

Hi,
ISTR the belt change was dropped from 10 years to 7 years when the SD4 came in and covered both SD4 and TD4 that was about 8 years ago !

My independent dealer states 10 years for cambelt change despite what you read on here,
as it always was 10 years, and still is, as stated in the owners manual.

Many people buy older cars and never change the cambelt to take advantage of cheap motoring.

Well, to start with, your independent dealer wouldn’t be paying for it if it snapped at 8 years would he so that’s very irresponsible of them to say the least.

Lol. Got to laugh at the fact that it’s STILL in the owners manual? Would that be the 10 year old owners manual? Many people buy older cars for cheap motoring and then scrap them when the belt goes and wrecks the engine. Apart from the expense, I could live with the aggro of a broken belt if I was on my way to work or popping to the shops but if it went on the way to the airport or while on a motoring holiday, I’d be kicking myself. What do you save by having it done at 10 years instead of 7? £40 a year, about the price of half a tank of fuel? Don’t know about you but I personally wouldn’t want to sweat the year out to save £40. Past: FL2 TD4 HSE Auto
Evoque SD4 Dynamic Lux Auto
Present: Audi A3 S Line.

Post #394794 29th Jul 2020 5:47 am
Steve D

United Kingdom 

IanMetro wrote:
Riverblanche, please can you repeat that link to LR schedule, it doesn't seem to work.
I am interested as it it could be next year for me.

Read this thread and it’s in here. Thumbs Up

https://www.freel2.com/forum/topic34751.html? Past: FL2 TD4 HSE Auto

Post #394795 29th Jul 2020 5:53 am
riverblanche

England 

IanMetro wrote:
I am interested as it it could be next year for me.

Hi,
it was not a link I had just underlined the L/R schedule part Laughing

as SteveD has put the belt interval has been discussed before Thumbs Up

Here IS a link to L/R online book a service and as can be seen the 7 year/84 month service for a 2013 FL2
does list the Belt, along with a Trigger wheel for the cam timing Question you still dont get much for £984 Shocked Shocked

you can look at the other services for whats done and how much Thumbs Up

https://www.landrover.co.uk/ownership/serv...nline.html

. .
my first ever FL2 and I did keep it longer than most other cars!
But its now gone way up Norf

Post #394806 29th Jul 2020 3:53 pm
TooBlue

United Kingdom 

Steve D wrote:
TooBlue wrote:
riverblanche wrote:

Hi,
ISTR the belt change was dropped from 10 years to 7 years when the SD4 came in and covered both SD4 and TD4 that was about 8 years ago !

My independent dealer states 10 years for cambelt change despite what you read on here,

Many people buy older cars and never change the cambelt to take advantage of cheap motoring.

Well, to start with, your independent dealer wouldn’t be paying for it if it snapped at 8 years would he so that’s very irresponsible of them to say the least.

Lol. Got to laugh at the fact that it’s STILL in the owners manual? Would that be the 10 year old owners manual? Many people buy older cars for cheap motoring and then scrap them when the belt goes and wrecks the engine. Apart from the expense, I could live with the aggro of a broken belt if I was on my way to work or popping to the shops but if it went on the way to the airport or while on a motoring holiday, I’d be kicking myself. What do you save by having it done at 10 years instead of 7? £40 a year, about the price of half a tank of fuel? Don’t know about you but I personally wouldn’t want to sweat the year out to save £40.

It's not about saving money, it's being told that it does not need to be done until 10 years, by a professional garage.

I am not a mechanic, so I trust what I am told, which is backed up by the original schedule in the service book.

This independent is also used by others on here, so have no reason to be worried.

Post #394808 29th Jul 2020 5:24 pm
Wonderdust

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

Must be nice having a mechanic that you trust that will foot the bill for a new engine if your belt snaps, rare as hens teeth!

Post #394809 29th Jul 2020 6:20 pm
Steve D

United Kingdom 

TooBlue wrote:
Steve D wrote:
TooBlue wrote:
riverblanche wrote:

Hi,

Lol. Got to laugh at the fact that it’s STILL in the owners manual? Would that be the 10 year old owners manual? Many people buy older cars for cheap motoring and then scrap them when the belt goes and wrecks the engine. Apart from the expense, I could live with the aggro of a broken belt if I was on my way to work or popping to the shops but if it went on the way to the airport or while on a motoring holiday, I’d be kicking myself. What do you save by having it done at 10 years instead of 7? £40 a year, about the price of half a tank of fuel? Don’t know about you but I personally wouldn’t want to sweat the year out to save £40.

It's not about saving money, it's being told that it does not need to be done until 10 years, by a professional garage.

I am not a mechanic, so I trust what I am told, which is backed up by the original schedule in the service book.

This independent is also used by others on here, so have no reason to be worried.

Perhaps next time you see your professional, ask them what they think about the service schedule as per the updated LR belt change policy. Let us know what they say. Thumbs Up Past: FL2 TD4 HSE Auto

Post #394810 29th Jul 2020 7:47 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12