Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > swapped the O/S rear door actuator these threads helped
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
riverblanche

England 
swapped the O/S rear door actuator these threads helped

Hi,
middle of last year I changed the passenger side front lock actuator as it would lock fine but took 2 or 3 presses of the remote to open and not always then.

well the drivers side rear lock started to need 2 presses of the remote to unlock it (locking was fine) so had a read through some threads using the "Search" function to see if much was different to the front ones Question

Not a lot of difference, only 1 cable to the internal handle and 1 cable to the external handle have linked to a good thread that does have a few more good links in it as well.

So only bits I am going to add is,
New after market actuators are available from £18 on the bay of fleas but Question on how good they are
I went for a used part from a dismantlers at £15 posted.
had considered a motor and stripping the actuator but decided to change the whole unit, then strip the actuator and if I can replace the motor (no time issues Whistle ) I will, I then a, have a spare lock for the O/S/R if needed again and b, also have a new motor and the knowledge how easy to fit it if another actuator starts to fail.

Lower the window half way Before removing the door card, you can then pry open the white plastic clip at the lower edge of the window glass with your fingers, after removing the door card and slide the window fully back up and secure with masking tape

I did Not remove the outer door handle as the front actuator that I did, I did without removing it, seems the small outer covers easily break their lugs off.

The only issue I had was trying to refit the cable back on to the outer door handle with it still attached to the actuator
(its a b~~~~ Big Cry ) so I took it off the actuator, fitted it to the outer handle, then offered the actuator back up and using narrow nose pliers through where the striker plate fits put the lug back onto the lock, then snap the plastic outer cable back in place, it worked for me Thumbs Up

I did not remove the electrical plug from the window controller, its held on to the widow motor with 3 screws which I undid and let it hang but did not disconnect it, its below the yellow motor in the pic, my one touch up and down for the window all worked fine did read some times you have to reset the window if you disconnect it Question

Will strip the old actuator at a later date.

link to threads I read and a picture of the cable end I fitted through the striker plate hole.

just need the sudocrem on my forearm now Big Cry

Thumbs Up

https://www.freel2.com/forum/topic13544.ht...k+actuator

my first ever FL2 and I did keep it longer than most other cars!
But its now gone way up Norf

Post #392417 11th Jun 2020 8:50 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1