« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > Heating Oil prices
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
dorsetfreelander

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Loire Blue
Heating Oil prices

Any of you with oil fired central heating, if you haven't already done so, should consider topping up your tanks. It's not so noticeable at the pumps yet but the heating oil price drop has been dramatic. In the past two weeks I have had the following prices quoted in pence per litre, 41, 36, 27 (at which point I decided to buy Sad ), then my neighbours 22, 19 and this morning my brother tells me 18.3. Everyone I know is topping up their tanks. These are prices through BoilerJuice.

One of my neighbours went to his normal supplier last week and was quoted 41p and the Boilerjuice price was 22p so he placed an order and it's being delivered by his usual supplier anyway! 3 x FL1 2 manual + 1 auto
5 x FL2 4 manual + 1 auto
Now Discovery Sport P250 MHEV SE

Post #390442 25th Apr 2020 9:14 am
tenet

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Orkney Grey

The hamlet I live in does not have mains gas so everybody (about 20 houses) relies on oil. The lanes are extremely tight and accordingly there is only one supplier in the whole of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire that has a vehicle small enough to deliver. Having a monopoly they charge anything up to a10p/l surcharge. Our tank is 1800 litres and is not bunded so notwithstanding that we could squeeze another 5 or 600 litres in i dont fancy spending the summer with a full tank sitting in the garden. Last year a neighbour accidently cut a hole in their tank whilst strimming. The resultant 800 litres disappeared into the ground and surfaced in the cellar of another neighbour further down the hill. It has taken nearly a year to clean it all up with the costs in the tens of thousands of pounds.

I ensure that our OFTEC service engineer gives our tank a serious look over each year whilst they service our Grant boiler. Will have to bite the bullet in the not too distant future and get a bunded replacement tank. MY 09 GS manual in Lago Grey, Wood Co arm rest and side bumper strips - now sold.

MY 15 SD4 SE Auto Orkney Grey with colour coded Bumper Door Mouldings

Post #390445 25th Apr 2020 10:07 am
jules

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Firenze Red

Click image to enlarge

I bought mine just before the upward blip (lowest price then for ages) - OPEC were cutting back production to maintain the price at that point but its crashed further since then and I could have saved £100s more if I have waited longer. Thud Jules

Post #390446 25th Apr 2020 10:13 am
dorsetfreelander

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Loire Blue

Yes I have noticed recently that some home insurance companies won't insure you if you have oil whether bunded or not. Last year LV said they would carry on if you were already insured with them but charged another £6 or so. No mains gas within 10 miles.
Having said that your neighbour must have one hell of a strimmer. 3 x FL1 2 manual + 1 auto
5 x FL2 4 manual + 1 auto
Now Discovery Sport P250 MHEV SE

Post #390447 25th Apr 2020 10:15 am
tenet

I used the word generically as i believe it was a brush cutter Whistle MY 09 GS manual in Lago Grey, Wood Co arm rest and side bumper strips - now sold.

Post #390456 25th Apr 2020 12:34 pm
tenet

jules wrote:
Click image to enlarge

I bought mine just before the upward blip (lowest price then for ages) - OPEC were cutting back production to maintain the price at that point but its crashed further since then and I could have saved £100s more if I have waited longer. Thud

Me too Big Cry MY 09 GS manual in Lago Grey, Wood Co arm rest and side bumper strips - now sold.

Post #390459 25th Apr 2020 1:09 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1