« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Door Handles Replacement
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Furyan

Australia 2009 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Santorini Black
Door Handles Replacement

I just replaced my door handles (tungsten colour) with Santorini Black ones. I had to order them from the UK as they are not available in Australia.

They are really easy to get off once you do one, first one is always the hardest. If you want instructions on how to do this PA51 ELY has a thread or send PA51 ELY a Private Message.

Without a doubt I prefer the Santorini Black ones, looks so much better. I'll post photos tomorrow morning. Customisation: LED (CW) Internal Lighting, Re-badged Steering Wheel (black/silver badge), Wheel Caps (black/silver badge), Black Magic Tint, Santorini Black handles

Accessories: LR Chronograph, LR Golf Umbrella, LR Pen, LR Key Chain, LR Hat (blue), Rubber Boot Protector Mat, Side Steps, Mud Flaps, Body Side Mouldings

Post #38701 13th Mar 2009 7:44 am
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

I would rather have the Tungsten ones and would buy them from you if it were not for postage charges from Aussie. 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #38703 13th Mar 2009 8:08 am
Furyan

You can order the Tungsten ones from LR. Customisation: LED (CW) Internal Lighting, Re-badged Steering Wheel (black/silver badge), Wheel Caps (black/silver badge), Black Magic Tint, Santorini Black handles

Accessories: LR Chronograph, LR Golf Umbrella, LR Pen, LR Key Chain, LR Hat (blue), Rubber Boot Protector Mat, Side Steps, Mud Flaps, Body Side Mouldings

Last edited by Furyan on 13th Mar 2009 12:53 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #38707 13th Mar 2009 9:14 am
AndyC

Yes I know, but at Norwegian prices I guess I will have to wait for our next plunder visit to Yorkshire Laughing 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #38718 13th Mar 2009 11:15 am
zone30

Belgium 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Santorini Black

pics?

Post #38741 13th Mar 2009 3:40 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
AndyC

zone30 wrote:
pics?

What you want pics of our Yorkshire invasion Question Laughing 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.

Post #38769 13th Mar 2009 8:10 pm
zone30

Belgium 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Santorini Black

AndyC wrote:
zone30 wrote:
pics?

What you want pics of our Yorkshire invasion Question Laughing

That too Rolling with laughter

Post #38770 13th Mar 2009 8:13 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

AndyC wrote:
What you want pics of our Yorkshire invasion Question Laughing

It will takes you ages to reach my house from the coast as that is a busy caravan route Neutral

bring me a bottle of brandy from duty free will you , quality stuff please Thumbs Up At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #38776 13th Mar 2009 9:36 pm
AndyC

We only can offer Aquavit Thumbs Up - but your likely to get something sharper than that Laughing 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.

Post #38777 13th Mar 2009 9:57 pm
Mav71

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

In total, it takes about 15 minutes t change all the door handles. I fitted Stornaway grey ones to mine. Firstly, unlock the car

On the drivers door, and both rear doors the following procedure should help.

1) Remove the small end cap from the handle, these should un-clip.
2) Pull the main handle towards the back of the car, the handle should move about 3/4" and simply remove the handle from the door. Re-fitting is of course the reverse of removal.

The passenger front door is a little different.

1) Take off the end cap with the lock symbol on it.
2) On the inside of the door, there is a rubber bung about the same height as the handle.
3) Remove the bung and undo (A little at a time) the torx screw, until the lock barrel comes out of the door. The barrel is not connected to anything and will easily come out. Don't undo the torx srew too much as it will fall out into the door and you will have to remove the interior door panel to retreive it.
4) Re-fit the new handle in it's place and re-fit the barrel and tighten the torx screw.

All in all 15-20 minutes is all that is needed.

Hope this helps Freelander 2 HSE Lux 2013MY - Barolo Black with Ivory Leather. Alpine DVD - Privacy -Evoque 20" Dynamic Wheels and more to come.........

Post #38820 14th Mar 2009 9:04 pm
RichardC

2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Santorini Black

Hi Mav,

Can you tell me where you got them from?

I have seen a set of Santorini Black ones on ebay.

Post #38823 14th Mar 2009 9:57 pm
Furyan

Mav71 wrote:
In total, it takes about 15 minutes t change all the door handles. I fitted Stornaway grey ones to mine. Firstly, unlock the car

On the drivers door, and both rear doors the following procedure should help.

1) Remove the small end cap from the handle, these should un-clip.
2) Pull the main handle towards the back of the car, the handle should move about 3/4" and simply remove the handle from the door. Re-fitting is of course the reverse of removal.

The passenger front door is a little different.

1) Take off the end cap with the lock symbol on it.
2) On the inside of the door, there is a rubber bung about the same height as the handle.
3) Remove the bung and undo (A little at a time) the torx screw, until the lock barrel comes out of the door. The barrel is not connected to anything and will easily come out. Don't undo the torx srew too much as it will fall out into the door and you will have to remove the interior door panel to retreive it.
4) Re-fit the new handle in it's place and re-fit the barrel and tighten the torx screw.

All in all 15-20 minutes is all that is needed.

Hope this helps

You forgot to mention taking off the cap piece on the passenger front door requires the emergency key. Customisation: LED (CW) Internal Lighting, Re-badged Steering Wheel (black/silver badge), Wheel Caps (black/silver badge), Black Magic Tint, Santorini Black handles

Post #38868 15th Mar 2009 10:36 pm
Furyan

RichardC wrote:
Hi Mav,

Can you tell me where you got them from?

I have seen a set of Santorini Black ones on ebay.

A lot of the ones on eBay are covers only (go on top of your current ones) so make sure you know what you are ordering.

You can get replacement handle kits from LR directly, for $89£ (what I paid). Customisation: LED (CW) Internal Lighting, Re-badged Steering Wheel (black/silver badge), Wheel Caps (black/silver badge), Black Magic Tint, Santorini Black handles

Post #38951 17th Mar 2009 9:10 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1