Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
colin

Wales 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Sumatra Black
Re: oil smell

colin wrote:
avtur wrote:
Yikes.... I've been getting a noticeable hot oil smell, better go and take a look underneath ....

Please contact barry Jenkins at L R about you oil smell tel 01926 691848 he would like to know about this.
Thanks Colin

Post #2904 7th May 2007 3:01 pm
colin

Wales 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Sumatra Black

Jumplead wrote:
Hi Avtur,

Since my first post, my car is still in with the dealer!

LR technical are now involved.

My Freelander had only covered 450 miles, how many had you covered?

I have had FL2 now both smell of oil, landrover said im the only one with this problem, with both cars they have been in 9 times now Lr said they will not replace the car again as ive already had a replacment unless people conplain to LR they will not recognise the problem so please contact them

Post #3881 18th Jun 2007 6:08 pm
carlfraz

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Colin that comment about contacting Landrover is .....sorry .....rubbish!! Its a crap dealer fobbing you off.

Your contract to purchase was with your dealer, not Landrover. When you have awarranty claim you do not drive the car back to Halewood you take it to a dealer to get repaired. If you have bought a product that has failed you are entitled to a repair, a replacement, or your money back!!!! That is not my rules, it is not Landrovers its the LAW!!!! It does not matter if the replacement vehicle fails, this is still covered by the law.

I get really fed up with dealers trying to beat down the customers. Evil or Very Mad

Post #3889 18th Jun 2007 7:33 pm
carlfraz

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Sorry to sound aggressive Colin, but I am very passionate about this. I am Censored fed up with companies abusing there position to try and bully their customer into their terms. Its HOGWASH!!!! You have statutory rights whatever you buy. With a car, as I have said on other threads, these are complicated bits of kit, so the dealer must be given 'reasonable' oppotunity to fix the defect on the car. If they can't you can excercise your rights, which are protected by law.

If they won't listen to you a 7 day letter across their desk saying you will take them to court usually does the trick.

BIGGEST PROTECTION YOU CAN HAVE IS DIARY OF THE RETURNS TO THE DEALER AND FOR WHAT FAULTS AND PUT IT IN WRITING ALL THE WHILE. CAUSE IF THEY DO PLAY YOUR HAND AT POKER AND GO TO COURT YOUR DIARY AND LETTERS BECOME EVIDENCE.....NO EVIDENCE NO CASE.

Landrover BMW Ford every businesss we buy from are not really interested in supplying you with one of their products because you need it, it is because they hope to make 'PROFIT' from you. They want your hard earned cash instead of the competition getting it. Business' are in business to make money, PERIOD!!

So do not feel guilty, do not feel concerned when you kick up a stink when anything you buy does not work. You paid for it to work, the literature promises you a wonderful car that works is better than the competition....Colin, I did not see in my brochure 'stinks of oil, fails to start, phone will lock up on the hands free so you have to pull over and switch off the engine.....................

On principle I took some 'cling film' back to a shop cause it didn't 'cling'. The girl in the shop said you can't have your money back because you used it Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter After POLITELY asking again money was returned. It is not that I am that 'anal' I just don't give my cash away.

The only service I have received free of charge and been pleased with is Martin's forum Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Just don't start charging a subscription Martin, otherwise when the thing goes down expect a letter Very Happy

So please Colin go back bitch moan but don't shout and swear, that will get you know where. Send me a pm if needed or any other questions you may have. We are all here to help - no charge Thumbs Up

Post #3893 18th Jun 2007 8:22 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12