« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback > Guy Salmon - Aylesford (Maidstone) Kent
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Dougden

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black
Guy Salmon - Aylesford (Maidstone) Kent

15k Service at Guy Salmon in Aylesford Kent.

Arrived at 8.30. Booked in immediately and efficiently. Reporting the only problem being a slack handbrake.
Given an almost new 58 reg GS TD4 as courtesy car (S/Grey but hey it made a change)

I was called at 11.40 - Car was ready for collection. Not bad - 3 hours.

I arrived to collect at 14.40 only to be told that my car had not been washed, but I could take it if I wanted or wait for it to be taken off site to be cleaned.
I waited with a free coffee. (Not long, about 20 mins)

When returned, the car had been cleaned but only hoovered in the front footwells. Small moan but their web site states a valet with every service so I expected it all to be done.

There was no pro-active offer of any explanation of what had been done other than "no problems, just a straight forward service" Service book had been stamped but no ticks against service type or oil service boxes.

Now I know some of this may seem petty, but at £426 it's not the cheapest price I have seen advised on this site and I am left feeling they could have done just a little better.

However, they redeemed themselves at the end by giving Mrs DD a nice bunch of flowers.
Will probably use them for the 30k but perhaps turn up with my bartering head on.
Final score 8/10 Smile FL2 TD4 XS Santorini

Post #28405 2nd Oct 2008 6:47 pm
avtur

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey
Re: Guy Salmon - Aylesford (Maidstone) Kent

Dougden wrote:
15k Service at Guy Salmon in Aylesford Kent.

There was no pro-active offer of any explanation of what had been done other than "no problems, just a straight forward service" Service book had been stamped but no ticks against service type or oil service boxes.

Smile

I've had the same, you have to ask the questions, I think they must be trained to operate like that. The less information they offer the less likely the chance of a 'difficult' conversation.

I've had similar problem with lack of accuracy in service book, however I presuume all activity is captured on a computer soemwhere if anyone wants to check what really happened; although I accept that's not the point, if they use a servcie book it should be right.

Strange how they can never get everything right, it is always a balance of some good some not so good. I've tried to offer constructive feedback to the dealer principle, but got the impression I was being wasting my time. The usual coporate politenenss without any commitment.

And with my really cynical head on then I'd say thats a very expensive bunch of flower .... But what is most important is whether you were satisfied enough that you'll return to them Stornoway Grey GS ... What a fine motor Smile ... but not any more ... Big Cry ... psst look at my gallery!
Company cars ... a thing of the past - May 2013.

Post #28417 3rd Oct 2008 9:33 am
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

It seems that in the UK, you get spoiled by expecting a courtesy car and your own car washed and hoovered out as well Shocked Thats really luxury compaired to what we may expect here which is just a dirty finger mark on the headlining just to show they have done something with it Big Cry and courtesy car Laughing if you want one you gotta pay for one Big Cry
You guys have got your butter on both sides Sad 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #28419 3rd Oct 2008 10:34 am
avtur

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

Courtesy cars, taxis, coffee and pleasant waiting rooms, flowers for her in doors, these things all cost.

Its good that dealers try to offer these services, but I think its more realsitic say they are included in the price, they're not free. Any dealer, anywhere could offer these services if the customer is willing to pay. Stornoway Grey GS ... What a fine motor Smile ... but not any more ... Big Cry ... psst look at my gallery!
Company cars ... a thing of the past - May 2013.

Post #28434 3rd Oct 2008 1:17 pm
Dougden

Thats the problem though - Dealers DO give the impression that the "extras" are free.

I agree that I would have preferred a breakdown of the whole bill to show the costs of the free stuff" as I could then have declined what was obviously a very expensive mug of coffee and perhaps choosen to stand outside rather than in their plush waiting area. Laughing

Ahh well, there will be another chance to do it all over again just after Christmas. FL2 TD4 XS Santorini

Post #28454 3rd Oct 2008 9:30 pm
John L

United Kingdom 

Thats Maidstone prices.....head 30 miles east and save about £100 at Canterbury.
First rate service too.

Post #28478 4th Oct 2008 5:51 pm
Dougden

Back to Guy Salmon today for the 30k.
Warm greeting from service reception. Offered coffee and their "winter special" air-con cleanse.
Given a Honda Civic as a replacement Confused

All done by 1.00 - Washed, hoovered, flowers for Mrs DD. (nice touch and yes I am sure they were in the service price somewhere)

Generally good experience and their people are very friendly, but again no explaination of what had been done during the service. I haven't changed the rear tyres yet and they are looking very "raggy" on about 3mm.
A little suprised there was no warning to get them looked at.

Will probably go again for the 45k - They may not be cheap but it's the whole package I like and I am sure if I had asked they would have spent the time to go through the schedule. FL2 TD4 XS Santorini

Post #38661 12th Mar 2009 7:01 pm
RichardC

2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Santorini Black

Dougden wrote:

Given a Honda Civic as a replacement Confused

Was it a grey 06 plate?

Post #38663 12th Mar 2009 7:49 pm
Dougden

Yes it was an 06 and grey - Very grey.
Now I know I didn't cut anyone up or drive dis-courtesly today as I was totally chilled with no London office to go to, so you must be asking because you have driven it or maybe part-exed it? FL2 TD4 XS Santorini

Post #38666 12th Mar 2009 8:10 pm
RichardC

If the reg was OV06YCU then it was my old car Mr. Green

Post #38667 12th Mar 2009 8:18 pm
Dougden

Ahhhso....Hope you got a good deal. It has 46k on the clock now and I can see why you would have got rid in favour of a FL2.
Not really my cup of tea, although I did like the dashboard 3D effect and it seemed fairly nippy.

I haven't driven a "car" for ages and I cannot see myself ever going back to the low seating position again.

Still, saved me a twenty mile walk. Laughing FL2 TD4 XS Santorini

Post #38670 12th Mar 2009 8:30 pm
RichardC

That means that when I take my car for it's 15k service I will be driving my old car!!!!

Ride is so much better in the FL2, and I do not regret the change one bit.

Post #38671 12th Mar 2009 8:36 pm
Dougden

Nah. Turn up with that again and your Mrs will think you've gone barmy. Thud

Push 'em for a FL2. I could have waited half an hour for their FL2 courtesy car but it had been returned with the air bag light on and was in the shop being repaired.

I noticed they had a G4 Defender on the forecourt. Backs up what the Kent LRE guys said about the dealerships getting LR's dead stock? FL2 TD4 XS Santorini

Post #38677 12th Mar 2009 9:26 pm
John L

United Kingdom 

RichardC wrote:
If the reg was OV06YCU then it was my old car Mr. Green

According to Guy Salmons website, they have got it up for sale.
If you dont want to know how much, best not to look!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post #38809 14th Mar 2009 6:51 pm
RichardC

Thought they may have had it up for more than that to be honest. It's not that much more than they gave me in p/x.

Post #38812 14th Mar 2009 7:33 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1