« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > In Car Electronics > All my in car entertainment has died
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Lheadon

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Manual Orkney Grey
All my in car entertainment has died

Recently bought myself a freelander 2 hse and have sadly had a few problems! First my electric seat packed up, luckily in my driving position! But now my radio and sat nav have packed up, all that happens now is on start up the bottom screen lights up with the landrover logo then goes to stands by, the only button that works is the one that brings the setting up?
I have checked all fuses and a few other basic things
Does anyone have any ideas or have had it happen to them?
Thanks for the help!

Post #286727 10th Jan 2016 7:24 pm
turboextreme

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Loire Blue

The audio system and sat nav screen is protected by a auto ring brake circuit breaker number RD1 in the auxiliary junction box as it could be broken open circuit this could be caused by any number of things see repair guide below:

Check HLDF display Is the HLDF showing a flashing Land Rover logo, or a blank screen? Yes GO to A2.
No ring break fault has occurred. Suspect invalid Car Configuration File parameter faults, check modules on MOST Network for related DTCs and refer to the relevant DTC Index.

A2: CHECK RD1 RING BREAK LINK Check the RD1 Ring Break link in Auxiliary Junction Box (AJB) is not disconnected or open circuit. Is the RD1 Ring Break link in Auxiliary Junction Box (AJB) disconnected or open circuit? Yes Rectify the fault condition and re-test vehicle. No GO to A3.

A3: INITIATE RING BREAK DIAGNOSTIC (RBD) & READ DTCS Ensure RD1 Ring Break link is in AJB. Ensure remote key is inserted into key holder. Set vehicle ignition status from 'OFF' to 'ON'. Clear all DTCs. Remove RD1 Ring Break link from AJB, wait at least ten seconds, re-insert RD1 Ring Break link into AJB. Wait at least 30 seconds for RBD to initiate and complete. Read all DTCs. Is DTC U1A1587 logged? Yes GO to A4.
No Check HLDF for additional DTCs and refer to relevant DTC Index.

A4: CHECK FOR FAILURE AT INTERMEDIATE CONNECTOR C23T PIN 2 Disconnect the MOST network intermediate connector C23T. Is the bright red light visible at MOST intermediate connector C23T pin 2? Yes GO to A5. No GO to A6.

A5: CHECK FOR FAILURE AT FIRST HALF OF MOST NETWORK Connect the Optical Bus Tester (OBT) to intermediate connector C23T using adaptor lead supplied. Switch OBT 'ON' and set to 2+0 option. Select the visible LED option. Is the Rx lamp/LED permanently 'ON' and the HLDF screen permanently displaying 'Home menu screen' or Land Rover logo? Yes Fault is in second half of MOST Network. Disconnect OBT and re-connect intermediate connector. GO to A13. No Disconnect OBT from intermediate connector C23T and connect optical LINK provided GO to A10.

A6: CHECK FOR FAILURE AT INFORMATION AND ENTERTAINMENT MODULE Disconnect MOST connector C2ME05B from information and entertainment module. Is the bright red light visible at module side of connector C2ME05B pin 2? Yes If there is a HLDF installed to the vehicle. GO to A7. If there is no HLDF installed, the fault is in the optical fibre between C2ME05B pin 2 and C23T pin 2, rectify the fault and re-test the vehicle. No Install a new information and entertainment module and re-test vehicle.

A7: CHECK FOR FAILURE OF OPTICAL FIBRE TO HLDF Re-connect MOST connector C2ME05B to information and entertainment module. Disconnect MOST connector C2MN08C from HLDF. Is the bright red light visible at harness side of MOST connector C2MN08C pin 1? Yes GO to A8. No Fault is in optical fibre harness between C2ME05B pin 2 and C2MN08C pin 1, rectify the fault and re-test vehicle.

A8: CHECK FOR FAILURE OF OPTICAL FIBRE FROM HLDF Connect OBT to HLDF MOST connector C2MN08C. Switch OBT 'ON' and set to 2+0 option. Select the visible LED option. Is the bright red light visible at MOST intermediate connector C23T pin 2? Yes GO to A9. No Fault is in optical fibre harness between C23T pin 2 and C2MN08C pin 2, rectify the fault and re-test vehicle.

A9: CHECK FOR FAILURE AT HLDF Connect the optical Link provided to MOST intermediate connector C23T. Is the Rx lamp/LED permanently 'ON' and the HLDF permanently displaying blank screen? Yes Check/repair power feed and ground lines to HLDF. If power feed and ground lines ok, install a new HLDF. REFER to: Video Display (415-01 Information and Entertainment System, Removal and Installation). No Check integrity of intermediate connector C23T connections, and re-test vehicle.

A10: CHECK FOR FAILURE OF OPTICAL FIBRE TO INTEGRATED AUDIO MODULE Disconnect MOST connector C2ME44B from integrated audio module.
Is the bright red light visible at harness side of MOST connector C2ME44B pin 1? Yes GO to A11. No Fault is in optical fibre harness between C23T pin 1 and C2ME44B pin 1, rectify the fault and re-test vehicle.

A11: CHECK FOR FAILURE AT INTEGRATED AUDIO MODULE Connect OBT to integrated audio module MOST connector C2ME44B. Switch OBT 'ON' and set to 2+0 option. Select the visible LED option. Is the Rx lamp/LED permanently 'ON' and the HLDF screen permanently displaying Land Rover logo? Yes Check/repair power feed and ground lines to integrated audio module. If power feed and ground lines ok, install a new integrated audio module. No GO to A12.

A12: CHECK FOR FAILURE OF OPTICAL FIBRE FROM INTEGRATED AUDIO MODULE Disconnect MOST connector C2ME05B from information and entertainment module. Switch OBT 'ON' and set to 2+0 option. Press red 'TEST' button on OBT and observe harness side of connector C2ME05B pin 1 Is the bright red light visible at harness side of connector C2ME05B pin 1? Yes Install a new information and entertainment control module. No Fault is in optical fibre harness between C2ME05B pin 1 and C2ME44B pin 2, rectify the fault and re-test vehicle.

A13: CHECK FOR INSTALLATION OF NAVIGATION MODULE Check for installation of Navigation module. Is there a Navigation module installed to vehicle? Yes GO to A14. No GO to A16.

A14: CHECK FOR FAILURE OF OPTICAL FIBRE TO NAVIGATION MODULE Disconnect MOST connector C3MN08C from the navigation module. Is the bright red light visible at harness side of connector C3MN08C pin 1? Yes GO to A15. No Fault is in optical fibre harness between C3MN08C pin 1 and C23S pin 2, rectify the fault and re-test vehicle.

A15: CHECK FOR FAILURE AT NAVIGATION MODULE Connect OBT to navigation module MOST connector C3MN08C. Switch OBT 'ON' and set to 2+0 option. Select the visible LED option. Is the Rx lamp/LED permanently 'ON' and the HLDF screen permanently displaying 'Home screen menu' or Land Rover logo? Yes Check/repair power feed and ground lines to navigation module. If power feed and ground lines ok, install a new navigation module. REFER to: Navigation System Digital Versatile Disc (DVD) Unit (415-01 Information and Entertainment System, Removal and Installation). No Disconnect OBT and reconnect navigation module MOST connector C3MN08C.GO to A16.

A16: CHECK FOR FAILURE OF OPTICAL FIBRE TO AUDIO AMPLIFIER MODULE Disconnect MOST connector C4ME27C from the audio amplifier module. Is the bright red light visible at harness side of connector C4ME27C pin 1? Yes GO to A17. No Fault is in optical fibre harness between C3MN08C pin 2 (or C23S pin 2, if Navigation module not installed to vehicle) and C4ME27C pin 1, rectify the fault and re-test vehicle.

A17: CHECK FOR FAILURE AT AUDIO AMPLIFIER MODULE Connect OBT to audio amplifier module MOST connector C4ME27C. Switch OBT 'ON' and set to 2+0 option. Select the visible LED option. Is the Rx lamp/LED permanently 'ON' and the HLDF screen permanently displaying 'Home screen menu' or Land Rover logo? Yes Check/repair power feed and ground lines to audio amplifier module. If power feed and ground lines ok, install a new audio amplifier module. REFER to: Subwoofer Amplifier (415-01 Information and Entertainment System, Removal and Installation). No Disconnect OBT and reconnect audio amplifier module MOST connector C4ME27C.

Post #286740 10th Jan 2016 9:35 pm
Discodave67

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Firenze Red

hi where is rd1 and aux junction box as i cant find info on it anywhere ?

Post #386947 22nd Feb 2020 6:53 pm
turboextreme

The Auxillary junction box is in the Boot floor next to the spare wheel Whistle

Post #386954 22nd Feb 2020 10:05 pm
Discodave67

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Firenze Red

Yes I’ve got that but there is no Rd1 ?

Post #386956 22nd Feb 2020 11:32 pm
turboextreme

Rd1 is a large relay in the Auxillary junction box it the large right hand one nearest the sparewheel looking in from behind. Ive found a website that shows the relevent information for you.

https://zinref.ru/avtomobili/Land_Rover/14...sh/459.htm

Post #386961 23rd Feb 2020 8:08 am
GlynnB

England 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver

I think that perhaps the earlier and later audio systems are different. But cannot help with the earlier system unfortunately. Silver 2009 HSE

Post #386962 23rd Feb 2020 8:12 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1