Home > General > LRX is to be Range Rover LRX & 5 door
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
npinks

United Kingdom 
LRX is to be Range Rover LRX & 5 door

Autocar quote stolen from RRSport

http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticle/Land-Rover-LRX/238659/ Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #38586 11th Mar 2009 8:30 pm
avtur

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

Interesting ....

The new small Range Rover will share a platform with the Land Rover Freelander and is expected to share much of its hardware. However, it is also expected to be the greenest Land Rover to date.......... "We are expecting to be under 150g/km at launch and during its lifetime we can get below 120g/km and offer 60mpg with a hybrid," ........ However there’s unlikely to be a two-wheel-drive version. Jaguar Land Rover's boss recently admitted that the LRX would be four-wheel drive only, in order to maintain Land Rover’s brand values.

So how will it sit alongside the Freelander then? Stornoway Grey GS ... What a fine motor Smile ... but not any more ... Big Cry ... psst look at my gallery!
Company cars ... a thing of the past - May 2013.

Post #38595 12th Mar 2009 4:14 am
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Mini Rover, Town Rover or City Rover may be more appropiate names for it Confused
Cant understand it being called a Range Rover LRX - its the same as calling ours a Range Rover Freelander.
Naaaa LR, lets be consistent and rename the Range Rover to Land Rover Ranger Shocked
which is just as f Censored g stupid Laughing

.......and another reason - I will have to change my avatar again Big Cry 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #38596 12th Mar 2009 7:52 am
gorjant

Macedonia 

It will be compact and based on FL2...

How big it would really be? And what it will be? More sporty and luxury version of the FL2?

I want more info! Big Cry

Post #38607 12th Mar 2009 8:56 am
Paul

Belgium 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Stornoway Grey

AndyC wrote:
Mini Rover, Town Rover or City Rover may be more appropiate names for it Confused
Cant understand it being called a Range Rover LRX - its the same as calling ours a Range Rover Freelander.
Naaaa LR, lets be consistent and rename the Range Rover to Land Rover Ranger Shocked
which is just as f Censored g stupid Laughing

They called ours "Freelander 2", so a non-LR owner logically would presume it's an upgrading of the Freelander or let's call it "Freelander 1". At the same time, LR emphasized that the FL2 is a completely different car, built according to much higher quality standards and intended for another public...
I assume that the same people who made this marketing blunder may decide now what name they'll give the LRX.
Big Cry

Post #38614 12th Mar 2009 10:06 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
tunaz100

United Kingdom 

I couldn't agree more with the marketing error of calling ours the Freelander 2 when the "1" had such a poor reputation and reliability record especially as the new one is a massive leap in quality, comfort, looks etc. I think the residual values would have been much stronger if they had called it the Land Rover 2 as well given that I've had many conversations where I've had to explain to someone who has just told me that my car was supposedly rubbish that it is totally different from the old one etc etc.

Calling the LRX a Range Rover may upset existing RRS and FFRR owners but if it sells more cars in the short term they probably won't think of the long term dilution of the brand!

Having said all that I really like the LRX pics!!!

Post #38621 12th Mar 2009 12:15 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

tunaz100 wrote:

Calling the LRX a Range Rover may upset existing RRS and FFRR owners

excellent Thumbs Up At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #38626 12th Mar 2009 1:50 pm
AndyC

chicken george wrote:
tunaz100 wrote:

Calling the LRX a Range Rover may upset existing RRS and FFRR owners

excellent Thumbs Up

The forum terrorist strikes again Evil or Very Mad 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #38628 12th Mar 2009 2:05 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

calling a RRS a RR should upset the FFRR boys as in truth it should be called a D3 sport, because it is not a range rover Evil or Very Mad At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #38630 12th Mar 2009 2:10 pm
j77

Scotland 

Who cares what its called, if you don't like the name then don,t buy it.

Post #38857 15th Mar 2009 4:02 pm
AndyC

j77 wrote:

Thats half the point being made here Shocked If it gets a Range Rover name, the higher price will be applied to suit that status, excluding many Freely 2 owners who maybe would have consided getting one Sad 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.

Post #38858 15th Mar 2009 4:20 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

+1 Thumbs Up Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #38860 15th Mar 2009 5:49 pm
Natwest

United Kingdom 

AndyC wrote:
j77 wrote:

Thats half the point being made here Shocked If it gets a Range Rover name, the higher price will be applied to suit that status, excluding many Freely 2 owners who maybe would have consided getting one Sad

In the same way that RRS is essentially a short wheelbase D3 with two less seats and an extra 10% on the purchase price*. If it works for LR, and people are prepared to pay for the privilige, long may they continue!

* and the brilliant v8 Diesel

Post #38863 15th Mar 2009 9:39 pm
christian138

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Sumatra Black

To be fair if the next Freelander is as much of a jump as 1 to 2 was then surely it sits better as a RR and not LR. The Range Rover concept was to get away from the "working" vehicle image of Land Rover towards a luxury brand. I support the RR badge for the new LRX even if it means not being able to afford one? 

Post #38876 16th Mar 2009 12:27 am
AndyC

christian138 wrote:
To be fair if the next Freelander is as much of a jump as 1 to 2 was then surely it sits better as a RR and not LR. The Range Rover concept was to get away from the "working" vehicle image of Land Rover towards a luxury brand. I support the RR badge for the new LRX even if it means not being able to afford one?

Shocked Everybody to thier own, but that last comment is like shooting yourself in the foot I suppose Shocked

Neither the latest Discovery or the Freelander2 can be described as a "working" vehicle and both are just as up market (compaired to most of the competition) that they both could have been called a Range Rover using those arguments.

I guess its all question of Land Rovers sleezy marketing conception, that they dare not call the Range Rover models, Land Rovers (which they still are). Alternativly all LR models could be called Range Rovers except the Defender. Whats in a name anyway except money and status Question 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.

Post #38879 16th Mar 2009 8:06 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>