Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Testing the water with SDD and a Mongoose clone
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Simon J

2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Rimini Red
Testing the water with SDD and a Mongoose clone

OK, so I’ve bought a Chinese 'MongoosePro' and have installed V130 of SDD running in Windows XP using Virtual Box. Everything fires up OK and, with fingers crossed and a heavy duty battery charger hooked up, I had a go at programming a new key fob. Much to my relief all went well and the new fob, and the original one I had, both unlock and lock the car and start the engine. So far, so good.

I then had a go at adding my non LR trailer module. The only thing needed was to switch off the reversing sensor when connected to the trailer and although SDD said that adding the module had failed it does appear to have disconnected the parking sensors. Everything else - trailer warning and fog lamp cut out - still work when connected to the trailer wiring.

However (there’s always a 'however') I can’t find the option for daytime running lights. I was expecting to find it in the Pre Delivery Inspection Session but it wasn’t there. Can anyone tell me where to look? The FL is a 2008 model.

Post #377885 5th Sep 2019 5:40 pm
MotionInc

Canada 2008 LR2 i6 SE Auto Tambora Flame

Did you ever get an answer to this re. the DLRs?

Post #385835 4th Feb 2020 4:51 pm
Simon J

2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Rimini Red

I did indeed get the Scandinavian light mode to work but I really can't remember where it was! I think I just poked around various menus until I found it. I know that's not very helpful, other than it does at least confirm that it's there for a 2008 vehicle. I personally like this option a lot having been used to driving Volvos for the last twenty odd years.

Post #385840 4th Feb 2020 6:07 pm
MotionInc

My NA model has DLR set to on, I will turn them off ultimately. SDD is a bit of a learning curve and, of course, very powerful so very dangerous.......today I used it to clear a crash status code (can't remember what it was now or why it was there but I am quite certain the vehicle was never in an actual accident) and it did clear successfully, reset the BCM, recalibrated the sunroof and even put the LR2 into "transportation mode" in PDI. Embarassed Big Cry ......don't try that one, turns off a ton of stuff and puts you into "limp mode" with absolutely no errors or codes at all, lol. Most important thing is to remember exactly how I did stuff so that I can HOPEFULLY undo it. I am really appreciating the supply mode charger, it's an absolute must.

I still want to modify my CCF to disable the immobilizer, the TPMS & I have to flash the ICM with Alex's rev5 for the linear temp gauge, still running rev6. It was above zero today so I will figure more out on the next warm day when I am home. Tons of respect for the SDD software and the Mongoose.

Post #385859 4th Feb 2020 11:10 pm
Largered

"..don't try that one, turns off a ton of stuff and puts you into "limp mode"

Stops them being stolen off transporters. Sad

Post #385866 5th Feb 2020 8:19 am
MotionInc

^^^ Yes! I figured that out the hard way...... Big Cry Razz

Post #385884 5th Feb 2020 12:55 pm
Germplus1

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Zermatt Silver

MotionInc wrote:
My NA model has DLR set to on, I will turn them off ultimately. SDD is a bit of a learning curve and, of course, very powerful so very dangerous.......today I used it to clear a crash status code (can't remember what it was now or why it was there but I am quite certain the vehicle was never in an actual accident) and it did clear successfully, reset the BCM, recalibrated the sunroof and even put the LR2 into "transportation mode" in PDI. Embarassed Big Cry ......don't try that one, turns off a ton of stuff and puts you into "limp mode" with absolutely no errors or codes at all, lol. Most important thing is to remember exactly how I did stuff so that I can HOPEFULLY undo it. I am really appreciating the supply mode charger, it's an absolute must.

I still want to modify my CCF to disable the immobilizer, the TPMS & I have to flash the ICM with Alex's rev5 for the linear temp gauge, still running rev6. It was above zero today so I will figure more out on the next warm day when I am home. Tons of respect for the SDD software and the Mongoose.

Hello, Do help me with the procedure of the process os clearing the crash status? Regards,
Germplus.

2008SE
Memory seats
Webasto Fuel Burning heater with smart phone remote start
Premium Surround Sound
Xtron Unit with wireless CarPlay
Dual Battery System
DAB

Post #422618 23rd Jun 2022 2:27 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1