Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Parts for the FBH
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
ArnarE

Iceland 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Tangiers Orange
Parts for the FBH

Hi all

I have a 2007 2.2 Diesel and I just had a Altox unit installed.
Well, (I really was not that surprised) the FBH does not start, and when reading fault codes, I get fault on the glow plug, fuel pump...and something one more. The water pump appeared to be working. (There were 4 items on the live feed on the fault computer)
Actually, I have had this Freelander for 2 years now, and never have I noticed the FBH working, neither by smoke or sound, so i was kind of expecting this. But I already had the Altox box, so why not install it and see what happens Laughing

But my question is, is there somewhere online where I can order the parts needed to fix the FBH? Tried "Googling" for "Freelander 2 FBH parts" and some other phrases but can´t seem to find any. I assume it´s a Webasto, but do you know what type of Webasto, or should I look at it and read the sticker? Where exactly is it located ( I assume in front of the LH front wheel)?

Thank´s for your help Bow down

Post #385251 26th Jan 2020 6:30 pm
dorsetfreelander

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Loire Blue

For what its worth I had an 04 reg FL1 with a Webasto FBH situated in the LHS front wheel arch (no fog lamps as there wasn't space for both) I suppose it is likely that LR used the same device for FL2s. In my case I found that it never switched off and I believe that a sensor must have failed but I never managed to find where it was located on the FL1. Have you checked the air temperature sensor if you know where it is? 3 x FL1 2 manual + 1 auto
5 x FL2 4 manual + 1 auto
Now Discovery Sport P250 MHEV SE

Post #385275 27th Jan 2020 9:28 am
mackie_c

United Kingdom 

Interesting you say there was no space for fog lamps and the fuel burning heater on the fl1, mine had both. The temperature sensor was on the back of the front bumper crash bar on the fl1.

Post #385544 30th Jan 2020 10:34 pm
dorsetfreelander

Interesting comment I remember mentioning it to a guy at the dealers and he said that it wasn't possible to order a car with both on so I wonder your FL1 was an aftermarket mod to fit the fog lamps. I always suspected that my Webasto was going all of the time towards the end of my ownership but I never managed to locate the sensor, I was going to install an override switch on the dashboard. 3 x FL1 2 manual + 1 auto

Post #385565 31st Jan 2020 9:33 am
dondiddy

United Kingdom 2012 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Firenze Red

My 2nd Freelander 1 was a 2004 facelift model and it had both front foglamps and FBH. It was an SE model with loads of "luxury" extras from the factory such as cruise control, Becker satnav, powerfold mirrors, reversing sensors, heated leather seats and a heated windscreen. I fitted a remote control and timer set up bought from Ebay that allowed the FBH to be used as a parking heater that could be programmed to come on at a set time to heat up the interior of the car on a frosty morning. Very handy in the winter! Thumbs Up

Post #385582 31st Jan 2020 12:14 pm
dorsetfreelander

I remember on the forums how, come the first cold weather, there would be a rash of cries for help from people worrying that there was smoke coming from the front wheel arch. Pretty scary if you didn't know about it. 3 x FL1 2 manual + 1 auto

Post #385593 31st Jan 2020 4:54 pm
mackie_c

United Kingdom 

Mine was an SE too, I certainly remember plenty of space behind there when I fitted the optional driving lamp kit.

Post #385617 31st Jan 2020 8:43 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1