« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Blackberry Bluetooth
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
rmbillington

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Stornoway Grey

No probs mate

Are you still using the bluetooth pairing app to pair it? Does it give you the code on the screen when pairing?

Have you deleted pairing on the car and on the phone before adding it again?

Another thing to try, when was the last time you rebooted the phone properly, by removing the battery for a few seconds?

In the bluetooth options, is the security level set to high, or high + encryption? mines set to high, not sure if it makes a difference.

Unfortunately, I'm on a storm now, so can't try different settings, or tell you which OS I'm on.

Is your car new, or and 07/08 MY? mines 07, but I did get LR to update the bluetooth, as when I first got the car Blackberry hadn't released the pairing app, so I ended up leaving my phone with LR for the day while they tried to pair it, as the dealer assured me that blackberries worked fine when I bought it. They tried everything, and updated all the software, but still no joy, until the paring app came out.

Hope something there works

Rich

Post #33897 2nd Jan 2009 9:45 pm
Arowba

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey
Blackberry Bluetooth

Hi Chris
Still will not hold the connection for more than 30 secs then disconnects!

Rebooted the blackberry, deleted the paring on the car and the phone. I could not find the security levels but its set on trusted. Reconnected using search and the pairing application, the LR finds the BB, enter the code and it connects, only to drop after 30 secs again.

Looked on the Blackberry forum and others have the same problem but no solutions. I guess I'm stuck and will have to abandon the BB in the car.

Thanks

Rowland

Post #34216 7th Jan 2009 6:39 pm
ttc546

2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Have to admit that I am at a loss to explain. i've had 2 BB Pearls (the standard 8100 and the GPS version) and both have synched fine and stayed fine with the LR2 and the Pairing app. I regularly change between my iPhone and the Pearl (I carry both in the car) when I need to make either a work call or a personal one. (iPhone = personal / BB = business)

Hope you find an answer. Thumbs Up Chris

Post #34220 7th Jan 2009 7:22 pm
MustRib

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Baltic Blue

Follow up to the phonebook - sync issues on the Blackberry

My previous Blackberry - the 8800 paired up no probs, and the phone book was fully available with contact names and numbers.

I swapped to a Blackberry Storm - and this would only display the phone book numbers (useless without the names). I hated the Storm anyway - so have just changed gain to the Blackberry 9000 - the Bold.

It pairs no problem - but again, the phonebook will only transfer numbers not names.

The official landrover site does show this as an issue with the Blackberry 9000,
SO... my question is ...
Does anyone have any fixes / downloads to let me transfer the names as well as the numbers on my phonebook?

thanks
Andy 2008 XS, Baltic Blue, Privacy Glass, Full Leather,
Roof Rails, 18" Alloys

Post #34592 13th Jan 2009 7:13 pm
rmbillington

Hi MustRib

I've got the same problem with the Storm. I'm still trying lots of stuff.

I'll let you know if I find anything

Rich

Post #34606 13th Jan 2009 9:48 pm
Grumpy

Scotland 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Izmir Blue

I have a Blackberry 8700 which I got to pair using the download applet but it will not transfer any of the phone book details - no missed, received or sent call data seen on radio - anyone any ideas? Connection and use in car is fine otherwise Grumpy

Post #34785 15th Jan 2009 10:02 pm
rmbillington

Grumpy wrote:
I have a Blackberry 8700 which I got to pair using the download applet but it will not transfer any of the phone book details - no missed, received or sent call data seen on radio - anyone any ideas? Connection and use in car is fine otherwise

Hi Grumpy

My first BB used to do this, then the second one had random numbers in the recently dialled list. Had some awkward conversation with the wife, when it was full of womens names once.

Then the newer ones worked fine, so again, it seems to be software version related, as all of them had been 8110 Pearls, but different updates along the way.

The only thing I can suggest, it check which version of software you have, and update if possible, you never know, it may solve your probs.

Rich

Post #34786 15th Jan 2009 10:48 pm
ashtons99

2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver

has anyone cracked this yet, i have same problems.

Post #35901 31st Jan 2009 6:02 pm
Rangerider

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 Dynamic Auto Santorini Black

I've read all the posts on this thread , very helpful but I need to pose another problem:

My Blackberry Pearl syncs fine with my Freel2. I used the code generated by the car to sync. Holds sync no problems. Phone works fine. Call quallity good.

My problem is: INSTEAD OF A LIST OF NAMES IN THE PHONE BOOK IT'S JUST A LIST OF NUMBERS!!

I can't work out who is who.

Now... when I connect an old Nokia 6021 (Which according to Land Rover is totally incpmpatible!!) - the phone shows a nice neat list of names!!

I thought that If I turned of autosync of phone book It would work with the Pearl but no.. it changed it back in to a numbers list.

Anyone had this problem?? Anyone solved it??

Thanks RR

Post #38405 9th Mar 2009 5:16 pm
rmbillington

Hi

I've not heard of this on the Pearl before, unless they've changed the software, inline with the Storm/Bold/8900 Curve.

These all do the same thing, only have numbers, partly why I've gone back to the Pearl, form the Storm.

On you bluetooth, when you go to add a device, does it have an option to "listen"? This seems to be common with the other new devices, and has fixed the pairing problem with the new devices, but has broken the phonebook.

Mine is running software 4.5.0.55, Platform 2.7.0.68, and is the 8110.

Rich

Post #38409 9th Mar 2009 6:12 pm
Rangerider

rmbillington wrote:
Hi

I've not heard of this on the Pearl before, unless they've changed the software, inline with the Storm/Bold/8900 Curve.

Rich

Now that you mention this I seem to remember that my Desktop Manager asked me to upgade my device software a short while ago and I think it was OK before that. Must have bought the software in line with Bold etc

On my Freel2 why do you think that, if I turn off the automatic phonebook upload it doesn't stay turned off, but still allows the Blackberry to change the names to numbers?? Does that sound garbled??

RR

Post #38448 9th Mar 2009 10:03 pm
rmbillington

Not too sure why it would do this, normally if you change the settings, it keeps them.

With regards to the software version, and phonebook, I'm sure you can downgrade a BB if you want to. I know I get really really Censored off not having names.

And I've just got a director an older Curve, as the new one won't give names on his new Jag, he lasted about 2 days without names.

Rich

Post #38451 9th Mar 2009 10:33 pm
Furyan

Australia 2009 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Santorini Black

Looking for them now, no guarantee these apply to your VIN number...

First One I found

The customer issues are:

1. Unable to 'pair' their mobile telephone using the in-car Bluetooth search function.

2. Prior call listings can be reversed.

3. Existing paired devices removed from the device list shown.

4. Audio drop out every 14 seconds and loss of phone functionality.

Second One I Found

The customer issues are:

1. Poor phone call quality.

If you are having any of these problems I'd go see the service center. Customisation: LED (CW) Internal Lighting, Re-badged Steering Wheel (black/silver badge), Wheel Caps (black/silver badge), Black Magic Tint, Santorini Black handles

Accessories: LR Chronograph, LR Golf Umbrella, LR Pen, LR Key Chain, LR Hat (blue), Rubber Boot Protector Mat, Side Steps, Mud Flaps, Body Side Mouldings

Post #38457 10th Mar 2009 5:02 am
Rangerider

Success!!!!!!!!

Thanks so much for the help offered!

After a few hours of angst I plucked up the courage to downgrade the software on my Blackberry to a previous operating platform. (I'm not really that technical and as I'd messed things up once I was reluctant to try anything else.)

But.... to cut a long story short it worked. Took about an hour but I went back to v4.5.0.55 and my in car phone book now seems back to normal. Names not numbers.

I'm going to leave well alone!!

Again thanks.

RR

Post #38500 10th Mar 2009 6:39 pm
rmbillington

Glad it worked, and I'll know not to upgrade mine or the directors BBs as well, so I don't break them.

Thanks

Rich

Post #38507 10th Mar 2009 8:28 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12