« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > handbrake fault/ Vaux Insignia Review
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
avtur

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

npinks wrote:

Do I like the FL2..............Absolutely, the driving style is totally different and I like it

If i had to seriously think about getting a saloon/hatchback I don't think i could actually go back to driving one when the car change comes.......

.....For now i think I like the pottering around in a 4x4 and will do for some time to come all been well ....

npinks reporting for Freel2 Motoring magazine

You know where I am then Big Cry

The V50 R-Design, body, kit, sports suspension, LP tyres etc looked OK, and it did corner like it was on rails but there is something about the FL2's driving position (probably the height Very Happy ) that just feels so right. Even the none car minded Mrs Avtur is already saying she going to miss the FL2. Have even asked about extending the FL2 but six months is the maximum they'll go to. Big Cry Stornoway Grey GS ... What a fine motor Smile ... but not any more ... Big Cry ... psst look at my gallery!
Company cars ... a thing of the past - May 2013.

Post #38004 3rd Mar 2009 7:09 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

6 months is better than nothing and they might change their mind on whats available in that time, hopefull for the better

When i hopped into mine tonight, it felt good, even though it was still whirring Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #38006 3rd Mar 2009 7:15 pm
avtur

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

npinks wrote:
6 months is better than nothing and they might change their mind on whats available in that time, hopefull for the better

Sadly I can guarentee that will not be the case, its quite possible the only option will be 'blue oval'. At least I have some choice now .... Stornoway Grey GS ... What a fine motor Smile ... but not any more ... Big Cry ... psst look at my gallery!
Company cars ... a thing of the past - May 2013.

Post #38015 3rd Mar 2009 8:22 pm
dick

England 2012 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Baltic Blue

npinks wrote:
I now have a Brand spanking New '09 Vauxhall Insignia 2.0 CDTi Elite with only 7 miles on the clock

For some reason the tyres have 50miles wear on them already Whistle

You left a nice set of black '11s' on the dealer forecourt as you departed? Smile

- Dick

Post #38117 5th Mar 2009 1:10 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

It was very easy to spin the wheels in it. Did it when i didn't want to god knows what the turbo version would have been like Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #38120 5th Mar 2009 1:43 pm
Mav71

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Regarding the hand brake on FL2, mine was 'OK' before the heater mod and after it was adjusted and is fantastic.

On the Insignia, I will be ordering one of these soon, regarding CG's coment about whats 'elite' about a Vauxhall, thats a bit of a short sighted satement, when you look on the Vectra C forums, you see far less issues with the cars than you see here with FL2.

I agree that the early Vectra C's (MK2) from 2002 were a bit dodgy in places but they are a very good, well built car, I have had 2 Vectra 1.9 CDTi 150's, a Signum 3.0 V6 CDTi and now on another Signum 1.9 CDTI150 and I can honestly say that in the 200,000 miles I have done between them all, I have never had one go wrong, in ANY way.

The 1.9 CDTi 150 engine is far superior to the FL2's 2.2 TD4, npinks Elite 2.0 CDTi has an even better engine, although he did not say whether it was the 130PS or 160PS version. But like all deisels, they are not the most economical engines when they are brand new and need time to loosen up.

But when your used to driving a nice 4x4 like FL2, any other car will feel uncomfortable for a while. Freelander 2 HSE Lux 2013MY - Barolo Black with Ivory Leather. Alpine DVD - Privacy -Evoque 20" Dynamic Wheels and more to come.........

Post #38250 7th Mar 2009 8:40 am
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

I myself have owned two vauxhalls so I can claim the right to say they are not 'elite' , not bad cars but far from great. So I dont think they should be calling them 'elite'

One of them died of engine failure, so we put it in the barn while the new mini turned up then limped it into York to trade it in....it was a relief when the salesman at the mini garage didnt start the engine as we traded it in. At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #38252 7th Mar 2009 9:22 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

I have also run Vauxhalls, Cavaliers to Vectra SRi petrol 130 and then the newer shape Vectra SRi DTi

All ok cars for the time i had them, the petrol Vectra had a new gear box put in, then 2 sensors replaced twice on the cambelt

All in all the insignia (not sure on which 2.0 engine it had, but had 19" wheels) was ok for what it was designed to do

Are you ordering it to replace the FL2 Mav71 Question Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #38256 7th Mar 2009 10:59 am
Mav71

My FL2 is staying, it only gets used the 3 times in the week and at weekends, I bought it mainly to tow with so it is a second car. I can't beleive it will be 3 years old in December and MOT time!!!! Shocked

I was going to keep the FL2 until September 2010, but I can honestly say it will probably stay for another 3-4 years. If I change it to buy another, all I will be getting is a newer plate and about £15K out of my pocket to change to a newer HSE. So I may use that money to buy myself a Vectra VXR (280PS) as a toy Twisted Evil Just got to convince the wife to have a 3rd car in the house that only comes out when the sun shines!

I agree with what yourself and CG have said about Vauxhall's in the past, they could be better back then, but I honestly see the Insignia as a major step forward. The Signum I have now is just faultless and even that looks bad compared to the Insignia. The Insignia's seats and dash etc are supplied by the same company that supplies Audi.

I would imagine that the Elite you had is the 160PS version, as the 130PS Elite has only just been released. Freelander 2 HSE Lux 2013MY - Barolo Black with Ivory Leather. Alpine DVD - Privacy -Evoque 20" Dynamic Wheels and more to come.........

Post #38261 7th Mar 2009 1:15 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

it was a brand new 09 plate

The one thing i did like was the auto lights switching on the FULL beam lights when there was no cars infront or coming towards you on the other side of the road Cool

Was a little slow in turning off the Full beams sometimes, and to go from full auto lights to normal lights, you had to turn the dial past the side light option, which in effect turns your lights off for a second or two due to been xenons they have to reboot as such

It was quite a WTF moment on a pitch black country lane

Large boot though, but head room in the rear looked quite low, not that i sat in there Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #38264 7th Mar 2009 2:16 pm
Mav71

I have to agree about the rear head room, it's not the greatest, but if Vauxhall want the Coupe style lines they can't have it both ways!

In the Signum the rear is more comfortable the front, it doesnt have a bench seat, it has two individual seats like the front, but with a fridge and fold out tables in the middle. Freelander 2 HSE Lux 2013MY - Barolo Black with Ivory Leather. Alpine DVD - Privacy -Evoque 20" Dynamic Wheels and more to come.........

Post #38278 7th Mar 2009 6:36 pm
Dave

Scotland 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Indus Silver

Used to have a 3.0l Senator when I first moved up here...

Now THAT was a good car Thumbs Up Thumbs Up ______________________
2011 Full Fat RR 4.4 TDV8
2012 FL2 SD4 Auto HSE
2013 Kawasaki Versys 650

Post #38283 7th Mar 2009 7:24 pm
Mav71

Dave wrote:
Used to have a 3.0l Senator when I first moved up here...

Now THAT was a good car Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

My Father In Law had a 3.0 24v Senator! It rocked! Freelander 2 HSE Lux 2013MY - Barolo Black with Ivory Leather. Alpine DVD - Privacy -Evoque 20" Dynamic Wheels and more to come.........

Post #38375 9th Mar 2009 9:13 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12