Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > North America > Absorbed Glass Mat (AGM) Battery in a 3.2 i6?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
to-LR2

Canada 2010 LR2 i6 HSE Auto Lago Grey
Absorbed Glass Mat (AGM) Battery in a 3.2 i6?

My 2010 LR2 w/ 3.2L i6 needed a battery replacement.

First of all, I'd like to commend Interstate on their warranty. My Interstate battery was almost out of the 30 mo warranty and they replaced it no questions asked as their battery test showed the CCA's were a little on the low side.

While I was there, I asked if they had any better batteries (higher than the CCA790 in their MTP battery). They offered the MTX battery for $51 more (CAD). MTX-94R H7 has 850 CCA so I went for it....

Is anyone with the 3.2 i6 using an AGM battery? They said it should work find but some posts on this site seem to indicate could have potential issues?

Post #383685 2nd Jan 2020 9:15 pm
MotionInc

Canada 2008 LR2 i6 SE Auto Tambora Flame

I don't think you will have any issues with the AGM Flat cell battery or with charging it. Technically, there is a ECU battery system reset necessary when you change battery type/size but I read here that it should also automatically reset after 36-48 hours regardless. Did you lose any settings on the battery change? Also, how old was the battery you replaced?

My LR2 (two years older than yours) is a power hog compared to the vehicle it replaced for me. I'd recommend always locking it when not in use so it goes into sleep mode (30 mins?) and reduces battery draw.

EDIT: like everything else though, with a lot of electronics connected, if the vehicle is not used for 36-48 hours the battery will slowly discharge, at least a 40-50 minute drive to bring it up to full or close to full charge if not used often or for long drives. I live rural and my average speed is about 90-100 kms for at the very least 35 mins one way.

Post #383693 3rd Jan 2020 12:34 am
to-LR2

The guy working at Interstate connected a power pack to my OBD port. I only lost my radio settings (I have an aftermarket radio).

The battery it replaced was 2.5 years old and based on the paperwork I have it looks like it was installed at a local Land Rover Dealership.

Post #383698 3rd Jan 2020 3:43 am
MotionInc

Canada 2008 LR2 i6 SE Auto Tambora Flame

My LR2 came with a Motomaster Eliminator L4/94R/H7 series AGM made in July 2017, it's still going strong and this LR2 came with the dealer installed electronic anti-corrosion module which is/was always on. In addition, I had a remote start system professionally installed six weeks after buying it and it's always active once I lock the vehicle. My battery powers all that **** and still cranks the LR2 up fine to date. I did disco the anti-corrosion module recently as I rarely submerge the LR2 in the lake ( Rolling with laughter Thumbs Up ) anymore and I always power off the radio and heater religiously. I also don't leave the lights on the auto setting............what was the symptom that caused you to get the battery tested anyway?

Post #383701 3rd Jan 2020 4:10 am
to-LR2

Cool! Glad to know.

I had to boost my LR2 because of my failing battery. I only have the aftermarket radio which I assume shuts off when the car is off.

Does anyone know what the tube connected to the battery is for?

Post #383721 3rd Jan 2020 3:22 pm
RealBeale

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Sumatra Black

Venting of gases given off by the acid in the cells. Basically put.

Post #383722 3rd Jan 2020 3:46 pm
to-LR2

Thank you.

I assume the hose dumps the fumes under the car somewhere instead of venting into the engine bay?

(I didn't trace where it was going....)

Post #383727 3rd Jan 2020 4:02 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1