Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > Sports Direct nil customer service.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
iain cooper

Scotland 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e HSE Manual Lago Grey
Sports Direct nil customer service.

I bought a new pair of Sketchers trainers from Sports Direct the other day and on inspection at home found them to be faulty.
Returned them to the store and the manager said that in his opinion they were not faulty !

Would not exchange them or refund me.

Really shocked and at a loss with this kind of attitude and customer care.

Anyone else had similar experiences with Sports Direct ?

Iain

Post #382305 6th Dec 2019 8:43 am
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

Go back with book, newspaper, water & a bit of food & sit there all day until they swap them, on a busy day. Works effectively when collecting money, especially past closing time. Done it a lot of times myself.

If they threaten you with the police, say that is fine. Allways be polite but firm. Look up the CEO name on the company register. People don't like problems fixed from the top. Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #382307 6th Dec 2019 9:01 am
pelyma

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver

I don't think you want to speak to the CEO of Sport Direct Laughing They are faulty to my eyes. D4 HSE Lux for me
FL2 HSE Zermatt & Alpacca for the wife now gone
Skoda Yeti L&K for the wife.

Post #382308 6th Dec 2019 9:21 am
Steve D

United Kingdom 

As said, get back there and refuse to budge. They are clearly faulty - compare them to another pair if you have to. Hold up the queue at the till.

Having said that, I had trouble changing a rugby shirt at Benneton about 30 years ago. My wife took it back and they gave her some old flannel about having to send it back to Italy for testing. I phoned the store up and the manager agreed to change it but wanted to talk to me first. I went all the way up there. He wasn't there so they phoned him up. He said for me to wait an hour until he returned. I said stuff that, asked the assistant for a pen and paper, wrote my name and address down, threw the shirt at them and just took another from the shelf. They tried to stop me leaving the store by grabbing my 6 year old son from me so I pushed them over and left. Got arrested and charged with assault, I charged them with assault on my son, the CPS said they'd drop their case if I dropped mine and agreed to be bound over. I said ok, went to court to be bound over, they hadn't told the court they had dropped their charges, I got fined! Would have cost a lot of money to appeal so under the orders of my wife I let it go and paid the fine. Cost me well over a couple of hundred quid and the worse thing was that the shirt I grabbed was a medium and I'm a large. Anyway, I got revenge by gluing up their locks a few times. I've calmed down a bit as I've got older!

Best time to take it back would be on a Saturday afternoon. Look on it as a day out with a bit of fun. Whistle Past: FL2 TD4 HSE Auto
Evoque SD4 Dynamic Lux Auto
Present: Audi A3 S Line.

Post #382309 6th Dec 2019 9:40 am
SYFL2

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Good grief Steve D respect due Thumbs Up

Post #382311 6th Dec 2019 10:11 am
andyk159

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Not surprised with Sports Direct.

My son worked for them some years ago and they were a terrible employer and customer service was not a priority.
Profit over everything else.

I wouldn't give them drippings off my nose.

Avoid Andy
Freelander2 HSE (59 Plate, MY10 spec)

Post #382314 6th Dec 2019 10:49 am
RogB

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

I live literally just round the corner from the main warehouse in Shirebrook. I have a friend who drives one of their delivery wagons and he does a minimum of 65 hours in a 4 on/2 off shift pattern. They work their staff to the bone but in their defence my mate is very handsomely compensated for the hours he puts in.

but the even at the warehouse their customer service is general shocking, the do refund but only if the goods are faulty (which those Sketchers clearly are!) otherwise they will give an exchange or a credit note.

Post #382318 6th Dec 2019 12:35 pm
MotionInc

Canada 2008 LR2 i6 SE Auto Tambora Flame

Lightwater wrote:
Go back with book, newspaper, water & a bit of food & sit there all day until they swap them, on a busy day. Works effectively when collecting money, especially past closing time. Done it a lot of times myself.

If they threaten you with the police, say that is fine. Allways be polite but firm. Look up the CEO name on the company register. People don't like problems fixed from the top.

What he said is well said.. Thumbs Up

Post #382322 6th Dec 2019 2:01 pm
SeeFive

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver

Social media is reported to produce positive results from companies with this attitude. For example, the thoughts of Readers Digest which suggests an approach in the first item here. https://www.rd.com/advice/relationships/co...ial-media/

I am not a participant on their platforms, but Twitter and Facebook seem to be your friends If the company concerned is active, with the appropriate linkages (hashtags etc).

ETA: Not being rude with this link, just trying to help, there is advice on google on how to use social media to your advantage, this link would be my search.

https://lmgtfy.com/?q=complaining+about+a+company+on+social+media

Post #382323 6th Dec 2019 2:24 pm
GundogSD4

England 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black

In my younger less measured years i also glued up some locks but of a local Estate agents (Pond Life) and i can confirm it was a most agreeable experience especially when i went back and did it again a month later..

Over the years that have since passed i wonder if he felt upset by this, i very much hope so Very Happy

Serve it like salad... Cold Thumbs Up 94 Disco 300 TDI Gone
96 Defender 300 TDI Gone...Should have kept it.
2003 Freelander ES TD4 Gone
2002 Defender TD5 Gone
2005 Freelander HSE TD4 Gone
2015 Freelander 2 Metropolis Keeping for now!

Post #382328 6th Dec 2019 4:38 pm
iain cooper

Scotland 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e HSE Manual Lago Grey

E-mailed Sports Direct customer services and they have offered a credit note or replacement pair of trainers.

Don't understand why the manager in the store would not do this ?

Will now need to go back to the store and produce the email.

Iain

Post #382401 8th Dec 2019 9:44 am
Bobupndown

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Orkney Grey

Strange attitude, most companies bend over backwards to please customers.
I have a colleague who used to work in Sainsburys, she had a customer come in with an empty wine bottle complaining that the wine didnt taste right and had poured it down the sink. Her manager gave the customer another bottle of wine without question Shocked Landrover - turning owners into mechanics since 1948

2014 Orkney grey Freelander SD4 GS.
2004 Zambezi silver Discovery 2 Td5 (Gone)
1963 Surf blue Morris Mini Minor Super de Luxe (my little toy)

Post #382403 8th Dec 2019 10:18 am
JulesK

Wales 2014 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Firenze Red

Moral of this story is......

Go to a proper shop Laughing come on now Iain losses the wee purse strings Thumbs Up

They are shocking company like anything Mike Ashley touches Evil or Very Mad

Sheep If it wasn't so bad it'd be funny.

🐑
Freelander 2 HSE auto 2014 ( Florrie ) ..... Try again.
Freelander 2 GS 2012...... Gone.

Post #382412 8th Dec 2019 1:26 pm
MotionInc

Canada 2008 LR2 i6 SE Auto Tambora Flame

My personal opinion is that this store manager should be reported up the chain.

I once got the run around from a very large company manufacturing trolling motors for various bass boats (there mother company is now out of business BTW)....could not get by customer service frontline, they just kept stalling me PERIOD; if you had a complaint about customer service, you had to make it to customer service, a dead end loop. They had no issue d**king me around as they were reporting to themselves. My issue was directly covered by warranty and they had no intention of recifying the matter.

Long story short, I try to get to the CEO's office by email and phone and it always directed to customer service. So, I told customer service to pound sand and I asked and got the mailing address for the CEO's office.......within 30 minutes of getting the mailing address and threatening to write a letter of complaint, customer service called me back, confirmed that they would be shipping me out a new trolling motor and did not want the original back. I ended up buying a used motherboard for the trolling motor, fixing it as a spare and still sent a letter to the CEO sharing my experience.

Glad you got it resolved! Thumbs Up

Post #382427 8th Dec 2019 7:48 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1