« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > Lesson learnt - Don't bother washing your car
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
SeeFive

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver

Worms wrote:
Lol! I suspect those of us that are not obsessive car-cleaners are unlikely to watch a 48 minute video of someone else cleaning their car! Smile

Heh heh, indeed. I am a mug for this type of thing to broaden my mind watching nonsense like the potters wheel, artisan violin makers, “how it’s made” type programs and just about anything to cure the insomnia. I used to watch the New Yankee Workshop woodworking programs, and inside 2 years had a similarly equipped workshop in the back garden and lots of happy relatives and friends with nice custom designed furniture and new kitchens for just material costs or even free in some cases.

I agree, a long video is not the best and there are other quick instruction vids out there on car care, but I treat it as a New Yankee style thing, showing the approach and results from a very watchable pro charging fairly large amounts of money to achieve the results on customer cars.

My dream retirement job (and workshop) you could suggest, not yours though I guess. Thumbs Up

Post #382215 4th Dec 2019 10:57 am
GundogSD4

England 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black

Hi all,

New to Freel2.com but by no means new to Freelanders or other Landrover models come to that.

Gotta love a Landy Thumbs Up Dirty or otherwise...

Post #382217 4th Dec 2019 11:07 am
j77

Scotland 

Mine will get washed at it’s service in January.

This was last winter

21MY Defender 90 S 3.0 D200

Post #382235 4th Dec 2019 5:36 pm
Bobupndown

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Orkney Grey

SeeFive wrote:
Worms wrote:
Lol! I suspect those of us that are not obsessive car-cleaners are unlikely to watch a 48 minute video of someone else cleaning their car! Smile

Heh heh, indeed. I am a mug for this type of thing to broaden my mind watching nonsense like the potters wheel, artisan violin makers, “how it’s made” type programs and just about anything to cure the insomnia. I used to watch the New Yankee Workshop woodworking programs, and inside 2 years had a similarly equipped workshop in the back garden and lots of happy relatives and friends with nice custom designed furniture and new kitchens for just material costs or even free in some cases.

I agree, a long video is not the best and there are other quick instruction vids out there on car care, but I treat it as a New Yankee style thing, showing the approach and results from a very watchable pro charging fairly large amounts of money to achieve the results on customer cars.

My dream retirement job (and workshop) you could suggest, not yours though I guess. Thumbs Up

I'd love to run a little detailing business but struggle to see how to make it pay with the time involved.
As you say, as a retirement plan when it would be something you enjoy doing and to top up the pension and not needing to pay all your bills with.
In the process of having the dream garage / workshop built at the minute, 8m x 12m x 4.4m ridge height. Enough space for 6 cars in theory with a 2 post lift planned also, part of a new house build. Concrete slab for the garage laid already. Landrover - turning owners into mechanics since 1948

2014 Orkney grey Freelander SD4 GS.
2004 Zambezi silver Discovery 2 Td5 (Gone)
1963 Surf blue Morris Mini Minor Super de Luxe (my little toy)

Post #382239 4th Dec 2019 8:51 pm
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

Mine gets cleaned after a holiday. Last time 3 days to get the red dust out & I haven't really done under the car except doing the wheel arches thoroughly, also sticking the hose above the plastic liners. It is amazing what gets behind the plastic.

Red dust still comes out. I would have to dismantle the car to get rid of is.

Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #382248 4th Dec 2019 10:22 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12