Home > My Freelander 2 > Freelander 2 Aux port wiring
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Dragore

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HST Manual Zermatt Silver
Freelander 2 Aux port wiring

Hi,

This is my first post on here as I'm now a very proud Freelander 2 HST owner so please be gentle.

Ive started to fit an alpine Ezdab to my little beast as I don't have funds to retrofit the factory stuff onto my Alpine system but came across a problem, the aux port has been broken inside meaning it only contacts the left pin now. This has meant I'm having to listen to the DAB through the FM transmitter as the landy used a weird fm aerial connector and as you will expect its sound quality is lacking to say the least. I have ordered a new port from my local stealer but have decided maybe I would like to hard wire the connection as Im not a fan of cables knocking about the cabin. There seems to be 4 wires in the connection plug which confuses me somewhat as I was only expecting 3. Does anydoby know the wiring diagram for this plug and what wired are the 3 required to play through the aux port?

I also have a second question as Im typing, I know that the 3 bar aerial on the near side erar quarter window is a factory fit DAB aerial and i would love to use this instead of teh stick on one that was supplied with the Alpine kit, does anybody know if its possible to use this? I have looked through the forum a bit and have seen that there might be a dab aerial within the roof 'pod' too does this mean I would need the LR aerial box and then jump off this box?

Sorry about the wordyness of my questions just thought it might be better to make it as clear as I can because my thoughts arn't always clear even to me Very Happy

Thank you in advance guys

Post #329416 18th Aug 2017 11:04 am
Dragore

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HST Manual Zermatt Silver

Ok answered my first question by finding a posted wiring diagram on a different post so thank you to Jim NI as I have downloaded the wiring file for future reference. It appears im being thick (which isn't unusual) as LR havent combined the Negative lead for each side so pos and neg for left and right = 4 wires DOH Smile

Post #329430 18th Aug 2017 12:23 pm
FreeSteve

Wiring

Did you manage to get the wiring diagram? I keep seeing this post when searching, but not the one you got the answers from? Is it individual earths?

Post #372065 14th May 2019 4:05 pm
Vanbursta

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Zermatt Silver

This is the back of the AUX plug,
Solid Blue=R/H Positive,
White with Green Trace=R/H Negative,
Blue with Green Trace=L/H Positive,
Yellow with Green Trace=L/H negative

[/img]

Post #380802 4th Nov 2019 8:33 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1