Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > What did you do in your FL2 today?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 83 of 130 <123 ... 828384 ... 128129130>
Print this entire topic · 
Sidthecat

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Orkney Grey

Sidthecat wrote:
Driven to a cottage in the middle of nowhere, in the Wye Valley. Rained from about 15 miles before the Severn Bridge and barely stopped since we arrived.

Drove home from the cottage in the middle of nowhere - only day it's not rained Rolling with laughter

Post #379087 30th Sep 2019 5:32 pm
Boxbrownie

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Glad to hear it didn’t rain somewhere at least! Laughing Regards

David

Lovely i6 has now gone, but not me......

Please let me know if anything in my post offends you, as I may wish to offend you again......

Post #379089 30th Sep 2019 5:55 pm
Boxbrownie

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Popped it into the local spanner man for an MoT pass........that’s what I told him, he has two weeks Laughing Regards

David

Lovely i6 has now gone, but not me......

Please let me know if anything in my post offends you, as I may wish to offend you again......

Post #379109 1st Oct 2019 9:54 am
bin

United Kingdom 2012 Freelander 2 TD4 S Auto Orkney Grey

I replaced the driver door mirror after white van Censored smashed the casing!

You Tube videos excellent!

Mirror £97 off ebay - supposedly used but seems brand new - older part number but matched electric connector colour of my 2012. It had a Copart sticker on it!!!!

Never mind, it works and that's the main thing.

The original mirror had been whacked forward under previous ownership and it look like they had tried to peel back the tweeter housing to get at the nuts as it doesn't quite clip into place properly at that point - sits proud.

Then I put in a flea killer fogger as the previous owner's doggy had left some friends for us and I've been bitten to hell by them!!!!! Perhaps it'll get rid of the dog smell as well - not a pet owner any more but why people can't be bothered to keep their dogs clean I have no idea.

Post #379114 1st Oct 2019 11:40 am
MartynB

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Zermatt Silver

Up to the drive shafts in mud today. The track into the woods looked OK but the car was sliding like a sliding thing , despite Scorpion ATR and Mud /Rut switched on . On the way out I came to a halt , managed to get going backwards. By rocking , Then with a good long run I went forwards at a much higher speed to try to clear the “ bog “ . Thank goodness it did , there wasn’t a tractor to be seen ! . It’s a testament to the FL2 and the Scorpion ATRs that I got out( , and I’ll also give myself a little pat on the back for 36 years of actually driving off road regularly! )

2009 GS Auto Zermatt Silver - Sold June 21 after 10 years of ownership

2016 Subaru Outback SE 2.0 diesel SE Premium Lineartronic Sold 2024 after 8 years and 80k miles . Best Car I ever owned !

2023 Toyota Hilux invincible X 2.8 Auto .

Post #379173 2nd Oct 2019 5:53 pm
ozjeff62

Australia 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Ipanema Sand

Fitted an auxiliary battery in the boot.

https://www.freel2.com/forum/topic34594.html MY11 SD4 SE Auto

Post #380345 27th Oct 2019 12:20 pm
Grue

New Zealand 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Sumatra Black

Continuing with the LED swap over slowly. Last night was rear indicators. Left side original bulb for reference.

Click image to enlarge

These things are bright. Maybe too bright? Indicators shouldn't burn an image that you can still see when you close your eyes should they? Rolling with laughter

Aliexpress again.... 4quid delivered for both.

Post #380856 6th Nov 2019 6:52 pm
swcoulthurst

Spain 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 S Manual Tonga Green

Changed the bloody DPF. What a swine to get to. Especially the top (extremely badly rusted) nut.

Post #380904 7th Nov 2019 6:11 pm
SeeFive

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver

Did a whole 4 miles on smooth tarmac in mine today. Really exciting... not.

Took her to the local LR Indy to have a cambelt and water pump fitted. Too long out in the cold and awkward for an old boy like me to DIY and only a couple of hundred quid labour, so I stayed in the warm and earned some salary towards paying for it.

Just got the car a few weeks ago, so getting the preventative maintenance done where I cant see things in the service records. Replaced the original Land Rover battery on Monday, well it was 9 years old and sounded a bit slow turning over in the mornings as it got a bit colder. Much better now, first negative temperature of the year (very south) is forecast for tomorrow morning so probably just in time.

Post #380907 7th Nov 2019 8:24 pm
Big Fish

England 2012 Freelander 2 TD4 S Auto Biscay Blue
Door fix

Front passenger door wouldn’t open from the inside so popped the door card off to see why as the solenoid sounded like it still worked.
The cable pull mechanism for the lock was clipped in as supposed to be but with the door card removed and unclipped, found the cable wasn’t connected at the lock
Bit of googling and realised that with a bit of luck, could twist the cable back into the catch if gently turned whilst pulled back, Censored me but it worked after about five mins trying, the cable caught and held firm. Door card refitted, tested and happy days.
All I need now is to finish the service I started yesterday, changed the oil, air and fuel filters but couldn’t get the oil filter out, looks like I’ll need to get a ratchet spanner to be able to change it and I’ve nothing close to the right size.

Post #381005 9th Nov 2019 10:15 pm
SeeFive

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver

Gave the FL a decent wash yesterday. It is filthy again now although the wheels have less brake dust from the 100 or so miles today than they had yesterday.

The dirt came fr9m a trip where I took the missus from Pompey to out the back of Winchester to meet her friends in a country pub for lunch. The lanes were covered in brown water from the fields up to 6 inches deep in places, so it is pretty grubby again now. First time in such water and it was great, a lot better than her SLC would have been!

Will be doing her car tomorrow - snow foam, wash, clay, non corrective polish, wax and quick interior clean (fed the leather and deep cleaned the other stuff inside a couple of weeks ago) plus check levels and install her new yucky red mats! Basically a winter spritz for a little extra protection.

Might hit mine with the pressure washer again if I get time... IF being the word.

Post #381006 9th Nov 2019 10:47 pm
Sidthecat

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Orkney Grey

Had to be brought home on a low loader Big Cry Was helping work colleague move yesterday, did one run and as we pulled back outside his old flat noticed that the engine oil was dumping itself all over the road. Car hadn’t been used since it’s service on Thursday and garage only opened half-day yesterday so recovered home with a view to being moved on again tomorrow. Not happy bunny.
Will be an interesting conversation with the garage tomorrow I suspect as they did remark that a seal was showing a little sign of wear and it would be wise ‘to check it in 6 months time’. Looks like 6 months became 2 days?

Post #381012 10th Nov 2019 8:06 am
mrsimon4x4

What a bummer?!
How old is the car?

Post #381386 17th Nov 2019 7:07 pm
IanMetro

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Fuji White

As the local Homebase DIY store is closing, I popped in and managed to get some (less than half price) wood for fencing repairs/replacements.
I was amazed what I could get in and on my FL2 in one load, plus wife and myself.
(to give an idea of scale these are 8ft and 6 ft lengths)

The car managed this without a noticeable drop off of performance, and the ride quality and ride height didn't seem that much effected either.

Very Pleased Again!

Click image to enlarge
 FL2 XS SD4 Auto 2010 2012-2017 (21k - 91k miles) (MY2011)
FL2 Metropolis SD4 Auto 2014 2017- (16k - 74k+ miles) (MY2015)

Post #381993 29th Nov 2019 8:43 pm
MotionInc

Canada 2008 LR2 i6 SE Auto Tambora Flame

In it, nothing but turfed the garbage scissors jack for a decent bottle jack instead. What a crappy stock jack.........

Post #381996 29th Nov 2019 8:46 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 83 of 130 <123 ... 828384 ... 128129130>