Home > General > Stop Start Conundrum with TD4 or SD4 - Help required
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
RogB

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

no quick way to tell between Xenons and Halogen from pictures

2013 onwards
HSE - fitted with Halogen as standard, open the bonnet and on top of each headlight should be a sticker saying HAL (Halogen) or HID (for Xenon)
HSE Lux or Metropolis - fitted with Xenon as standard

all 3 models should come with the 825W Meridian as standard, you can tell by playing with the stereo

380W - no options for Dolby/Meridian surround sound in audio settings
825W - options for surround sound are there in the settings menu and on the front audio screen at the bottom of the main box.

Post #378102 10th Sep 2019 9:31 am
Dave DND

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Baltic Blue

Brilliant as always - thanks !

Post #378104 10th Sep 2019 10:22 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
dondiddy

United Kingdom 2012 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Firenze Red

If a car has HID`s then it doesn`t have the little wheel on the dash for adjusting the headlight height. This is normally on the little black panel just below the R/H dashboard vent. It will still have the little wheel for dimming the dash lights which is on the L/H side of that small panel. Thumbs Up

Post #378106 10th Sep 2019 10:47 am
Dave DND

And that is something I can tell from a photo - FANTASTIC !!

Post #378108 10th Sep 2019 10:53 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Boxbrownie

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

The other way of course (although you have to be there) is the bulb type is embossed on the headlamp lens....... Thumbs Up Regards

David

Lovely i6 has now gone, but not me......

Please let me know if anything in my post offends you, as I may wish to offend you again......

Post #378111 10th Sep 2019 11:51 am
Dave DND

My problem is that like yourself, I live far down in the South West and most cars I am viewing end up a near 500 mile round trip, so trying to find a way to work out whether a car is worth investigating from pictures before engaging with a numpty of a dealer that knows nothing anyway.

Post #378112 10th Sep 2019 11:54 am
Boxbrownie

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

We had to travel to Peterborough (600 miles there and back) for ours, luckily although the dealer was an idiot (and probably not totally honest) the actual car turned out to be honest, and from all investigations it appears to have been really well looked after.

But yes, it is a gamble for sure and if the car turns out to be a dud the return trip empty handed is very frustrating! Regards

David

Lovely i6 has now gone, but not me......

Please let me know if anything in my post offends you, as I may wish to offend you again......

Post #378114 10th Sep 2019 12:00 pm
Dave DND

I don`t mind the distance, I flew to Edinburgh to pick one up, but the dealers know nothing of the cars they have in front of them and most of the descriptions are pre-filled when the reg is entered via ebay or autotrader.

I was literally just about to drive to Southampton to look at one that says Xenons, the dealer confirmed it had Xenons and yet I can now see in the picture a small headlight leveler below the air vent.

Shame, as I liked the look of the car, but at least has now saved me a tank of fuel and a wasted trip.

I want this one for a while, so being a bit fussy about it

I think safer to look for HSE Lux or Metropolis now rather than "basic" HSE to get the toys I really want.

SD4 Auto - Pan Roof - 825W sounds - Xenons and facelift interior would be dealbreakers for me

Post #378119 10th Sep 2019 12:13 pm
Vanny

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Santorini Black

You could of course buy a the first 13my XS you find through sheer excitement, and spend years adding all the extra features of a HSE, wasting hours of your life and £100s for no real gain.

Actually don't do that.

Don't buy a black one either, the coloured freelanders are much nicer to look at imho

Post #378142 10th Sep 2019 7:22 pm
Dave DND

Thanks to all your helps guys, and I can bring this thread to a happy close.

From a trader I knew of, he had taken in a 2013 SD4 HSE Lux in dark blue with cream interior that had been the subject of a prang. I would not normally have considered a Cat N write off before, but the pictures showed nothing more than a minor bump taking out the headlight lens and a very small ding in the bumper, bonnet and wing. Expensive repair I guess even though the damage was actually superficial.

1 owner from new with 40K on the clock, fresh MOT and a mere snip at £9K

The car is in such good condition it would have been rude to say no !!

Happy man !!

Post #378494 18th Sep 2019 8:29 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12