Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Sunroof Drain hole Location
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
Arctic

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Orkney Grey

Noticed today I had some drips of water coming out of the front interior light/sunroof switch, so I am at present trying to look for a solution seems there are not many conclusive reports of how to solve this. ?

Post #336952 9th Dec 2017 8:28 pm
waggonerman

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Thanks to all the posters on this subject, exactly the same issue with water in the passenger footwell- found Sunroof drain Hose adrift, had a plastic ratchet Clip fitted presumably the Land Rover recall remedy, when refitted did close up 2 more serrations though, believe it had come off due to water freezing within it as it only had happened after a period of very cold weather, quite easy to sort as per a ‘Charliecloud’s’ instructions but note Headlining fixing Clips also needed prising out of Roof locations & fitting back in Headlining before attempting to refit, biggest job now is drying out Carpets & water collection points particularly under the front Seat!

Post #338323 31st Dec 2017 7:50 pm
Arctic

Hi did you manage to take any pics of said tubes etc if so please post

Post #338339 1st Jan 2018 3:44 am
nick the greek

Greece 

Awesome info - thanks for posting - got a feeling I'm going to be needing this soon! 2013 SE TD4 in Mauritius Blue [Written off]

Post #339000 9th Jan 2018 7:38 pm
BenFL2

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Buckingham Blue

Hi all,

I just brought myself a 2007 Freelander 2 and I'm having this exact issue. Got it home Tuesday afternoon to find the passenger footwell squelching, closer investigation from the rear left side seat looking under the passenger seat shows a pool of water about an inch or 2 deep.

After a bout of rain last night, it appears the whole left side pillar from the passenger grab handle down to the dash. I guess this is what has caused the collection of water under the passenger seat. The volume due to the snow recently no doubt.

My worry is there may be water under the rear seats, any easy way to check? 2018 - 2007 '56 manual HSE Freelander 2

Post #345002 15th Mar 2018 8:00 am
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

If you pull up the door sill trim you can get your hand under the carpet & foam sound proofing. The is a bit of massaging to get it back in place, more so at the rear end but it is not too difficult. The rear clip into the body is the hardest to position correctly but you should get it in after the second or third go, then push the middle & front clips back into position. You will be surprised at the crap under the door sill.

Click image to enlarge
 Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #345003 15th Mar 2018 8:34 am
Arctic

Hi could you please state what the blue hoses are ? under the seat

Post #345027 15th Mar 2018 11:01 am
RogB

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

he has fitted a compressor under the seats so the blue hoses are the feeds to/from that.

Post #345028 15th Mar 2018 11:17 am
BenFL2

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Buckingham Blue

After several tips from others on this forum, and a Haynes manual, I managed to fix my issue myself within the space of an hour but could have been done quicker if I wasn't being so careful.

I started by reading the Haynes manual sections that explained removing the interior trim. The headlining section comes after explanation of removing the trim from all other pillars etc. However, as I only needed to get to the left hand side of the roof where the drain pipe is, I did the following:

1. Removed the front and rear left grab handles (each has 2x phillips head screws)
2. Removed the passenger sun visor (2x phillips head screws)
3. Then the sun visor retainer/clip (1x phillips head screw hidden under a small flap - use a small flat head screwdriver to get under this).
4. Remove the front centre console light cover (a small flat head will get under it and gently prise it downwards).
5. Then remove the plastic console (small metal clip in the middle at the front, unhook this with a small flat head and at the same time, pull the unit down).
5a. Disconnect the wiring, noting the orientation of the unit.

6. Then I pulled away the weather sills around the left front and rear doors. These pull off with a little bit of force but go back on relatively easily. This is necessary to expose the edges of the headlining and the A and B pillar trims.

7. Next I popped open the Airbag emblem on the left hand A pillar - flat head screwdriver or blade to prise it up. Opens towards the windshield from the left side edge. This exposes a Torx screw (unsure of size) which affixes the A pillar trim. Undo this screw and carefully negotiate the trim out.

8. From the bottom of the B pillar, prise the big trim (in my case it's black in colour) away from the pillar. There are 4 retaining clips that hold this trim to the pillar. 2 near the bottom and 2 half way up. Just pull with force towards the centre of the car.

9. Now pop open the Airbag emblem on the B pillar (at the top above the seatbelt outlet) and undo the Torx screw here too - again unsure of size but is the same as the previous. Now the trim from the entire B pillar should be free (mine was stuck together in the middle with tape so I just left this as was).

Now the left front portion of the headlining is more or less free and will flex a fair bit.
Pull it down as much as it will go, it's relatively strong and the drain pipe and spout are located more or less in the middle (if you picture where the grab handles were, the middle of those). The drain pipe itself is quite a bit bigger than the spout it attaches to, hence the need for a/some cable ties to hold it in place. Mine already had a cable tie on it but it must have come loose as the drain pipe was about 5mm away from the spout, hence the ingress of water every time we had rain.

Pull the drain pipe to get a little more length to work with, if needed, and carefully work it on to the spout. I had my sister help me by holding the headlining down whilst I reached in and worked on the drain pipe. I managed to get a cable tie on it to hold it in place but would recommend getting a couple on if possible or a jubilee clip of some description.

Then follow steps 9 backwards to reassemble. I've written this from memory but will try to do it again one weekend and take pictures as I go as this doesn't seem to be very well documented any where on the internet yet it seems to be such a big issue.

Cheers all! My landy is now rain and bulletproof! 2018 - 2007 '56 manual HSE Freelander 2

Post #346403 3rd Apr 2018 11:43 am
Yorky Bob

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Firenze Red

Thumbs Up With the rain we have had locally this week I am very happy to have a GS with no sun roof. Good write up. FL2 MY10 TD4 GS traded in at 2 years
FL2 MY13 TD4 GS Current

Post #346405 3rd Apr 2018 12:02 pm
Lemon

2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Just wanted to say that I followed the instructions posted by Charliecloud and they worked like a dream, thanks Charlie.
I would just add that I used a head torch to see where the tube was and I struggled to get the top B pillar facia back on. After about 30 attempts I had to move the seat all the way back and then tilt it back to allow me present the facia square on to the holes and it fitted no problem.

Thanks again Charliecloud.

Post #370170 13th Apr 2019 6:54 pm
Solihullman

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey
Leaking sunroof

So, after having my leaky sunroof taped up for the last 6 months I decided to follow Charlieclouds very clear instructions and do something about it. Took my time and got the passenger side roof lining down far enough to see the pipe just above the B post. After an hour fishing about with some strimmer line I finally managed to get water out of the rear tube just in front of the rear wheel.
So, thinking I had solved it, put it all together again, took off the tape and opened the sunroof. On inspecting the channel for debris I now find that there appear to be two little white perforated thingys in the front channel. I guess these must be drain points too. When I poured some water down one of these out it comes above the interior light fitting.
Do I now have to remove the head lining again or shall I just buy some more tape.
Feeling very p€$§<d off at the moment. Big Cry

John

Post #377129 20th Aug 2019 4:19 pm
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

I've had the ceiling down twice for acoustic insulation. The job is a lot quicker the second time around. Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #377165 21st Aug 2019 8:07 am
Solihullman

My attempts to clear leaky sunroof

So, after much pulling and poking around the passenger side tube, I think I’ve cleared it. Water comes out in front of the rear wheel anyway The little white thingys that I mentioned weren’t drains at all but the nylon pegs holding the roof lining in place. However, as they were protruding into the front channel I put a dollop of silicone over them just in case. Hopefully all is now home and dry, fingers crossed.

Post #377188 21st Aug 2019 2:14 pm
Solihullman

Blocked sunroof drains

At the risk of wearing this subject out I’ve just found what could be a useful shortcut that may save a lot of work.
If you remove the rear C post cover first by pulling off the door trim, unscrew the torque screw under the airbag cover and carefully pull the trim away from the panel you will find the rubber drain tube clipped to the post. If you cut the pipe at this point it’s easy to run some water or strimmer line down it to the outlet under the wheel arch.
As the most likely place for a blockage is at this lower point it may save a lot of time removing the roof lining. The pipe can then be rejoined with a bit of plastic pipe or whatever you have that will fit.

Post #377294 23rd Aug 2019 11:13 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>