« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Brake Pad Replacement
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
comerbuck

United States 2008 LR2 i6 SE Auto Rimini Red
Brake Pad Replacement

Just took my LR2 in for it's 22,500 mile service and was told that the brake pads "would not make it to the next service". The pad replacement for all four wheels at the dealer costs $550. I told them to go ahead with the replacement as I have plans for some Fall drives in the Smokey Mtns/Blue Ridge Pkwy later in the month. Most of my driving is in the city (Atlanta area) but I do enjoy the mountain and forest drives in north GA and NC.

Question for the group:

How many miles/kilometers have your brake pads lasted and what was the cost of replacement?

Post #28391 2nd Oct 2008 3:37 pm
avtur

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

44,000miles and still original Thumbs Up Stornoway Grey GS ... What a fine motor Smile ... but not any more ... Big Cry ... psst look at my gallery!
Company cars ... a thing of the past - May 2013.

Post #28392 2nd Oct 2008 4:22 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

something in the region of 27k miles on my pads, i think they are feeling spongy so i am going to have them look at them on its service later this month

If they ring to say its due to have them changed I'm going to get a price from Bell Auto Services the forum sponser Very Happy (i'll get them to do the service once I stop making a monthly warranty claim Rolling Eyes )

unless they say it can't be driven off the forecourt due to the pads been so low, No warning lights yet though so i can see that happening Wink Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #28394 2nd Oct 2008 5:01 pm
ColoradoLR2

United States 2007 LR2 i6 SE Auto Narvik Black

Has anyone found after market pads that fit, preferably without so much *(#$ dust?? Greg East
Loveland, Colorado
USA
'08 LR2 Hers
'93 740i Mine
'87 944 turbo Mistress

Post #28773 9th Oct 2008 5:24 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
m1964

United States 

ColoradoLR2 wrote:
Has anyone found after market pads that fit, preferably without so much *(#$ dust??

I used EBC Ceramic series DP41932 (listed for 2007 Volvo S80), but fitted just fine-they brake very well, but produce almost as much dust.
EBC also makes SUV-specific pad DP71932 -that may have less dust...
71932 were not available when I needed them, so I went with Ceramic. which is dusty.

Post #28900 11th Oct 2008 3:01 am
ColoradoLR2

United States 2007 LR2 i6 SE Auto Narvik Black

m1964 wrote:
ColoradoLR2 wrote:
Has anyone found after market pads that fit, preferably without so much *(#$ dust??

I used EBC Ceramic series DP41932 (listed for 2007 Volvo S80), but fitted just fine-they brake very well, but produce almost as much dust.
EBC also makes SUV-specific pad DP71932 -that may have less dust...
71932 were not available when I needed them, so I went with Ceramic. which is dusty.

Excellent, thank you. I wasn't finding much for listings for LR2's, I wondered if there wasn't a Ford/Volvo fitment. Thanks again! Greg East
Loveland, Colorado
USA
'08 LR2 Hers
'93 740i Mine
'87 944 turbo Mistress

Post #28901 11th Oct 2008 3:45 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
gkubina

United States 2008 LR2 i6 GS Auto Whistler White
Re: Brake Pad Replacement

comerbuck wrote:
Just took my LR2 in for it's 22,500 mile service and was told that the brake pads "would not make it to the next service". The pad replacement for all four wheels at the dealer costs $550. I told them to go ahead with the replacement as I have plans for some Fall drives in the Smokey Mtns/Blue Ridge Pkwy later in the month. Most of my driving is in the city (Atlanta area) but I do enjoy the mountain and forest drives in north GA and NC.

Question for the group:

How many miles/kilometers have your brake pads lasted and what was the cost of replacement?

30k miles and the dealer told me my rear pads needed to be replaced as they would become to thin before next service visit. Costs $363 US parts and labor. Slightly disappointed but perhaps this goes with the territory for rear disc brakes. Sad

Post #37655 25th Feb 2009 6:35 am
tunaz100

United Kingdom 

25000 on my originals, the dealer stated they are have 80% life in them (no idea how they test that!) but the brand new demonstrator they provided when mine was in for it's service was noticeably better when braking so I may get them changed soon anyway...

Post #37674 25th Feb 2009 1:52 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1