Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > For Sale & Wanted > [For Sale] 2010 FL2 GS Auto - NW England - Lots of upgrades
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
de1979

England 
[For Sale] 2010 FL2 GS Auto - NW England - Lots of upgrades

Hi

Emigration at the end of August forces very reluctant sale of my cherished Lago Grey 2010 FL2 GS. 84,000 miles. Auto.

Family owned since new. I bought it from my parents at 4 years old and 25k, where it was serviced by Land Rover. I've owned it 5 years and done 60k almost exclusively motorway miles. I worked for 3 years in Glasgow and commuted weekly. Car was serviced twice per year during that time. Since I've owned it I've serviced it myself (properly), and kept detailed records and receipts of all oil, filters etc. It has wanted for nothing and always been well cared for. Never been off road.

Obviously it's had the 'Dynamic' styling kit added. This was in 2015 just after I bought the car. It is genuine Land Rover kit and professionally painted/fitted (as has everything been).

It's just had new brakes all round including handbrake shoes. Discs from Pagid and Land Rover genuine pads. It's just had a new battery too.

It had a Bell Engineering Uprated Diff (with drain plug) at 75k, exactly 2 years ago, and full haldex service at the time. Probably a bit pre-emptive but being an avid forum user I was straight on to the whine when it appeared. Car has only done 10k since. The haldex pump was new in 2014 from Land Rover. All receipts available. I've changed the diff and haldex oil again recently and both were perfect. Having the drain plug on the diff is amazing - oil changes are a matter of minutes!

Private plate included if you want it - it's no good where I'm going! If your name also happens to be Edwards you're bang in luck! If not, at least it hides the age of the car Smile

So obviously it has been upgraded quite a bit. All genuine Land Rover parts where possible. I've indicated prices below to give an idea:

20" Evoque Alloys (& oversize tyres) £1000
Tinted Windows £200
2014 Metropolis (black reflector) Xenon Headlights & Camerons adapter £750
2012 Facelift Tail lights £400
Land Rover Dynamic Styling Kit (Painted & Fitted) £2500
Leather Interior (HSE) £500
Dynamic Front Bumper & Grill (Painted & Fitted) £800
Bell Engineering Uprated Diff £750 (including service)
Side Steps £150
Leather steering wheel £150
Mudguards £50
Spoiler (Painted & Fitted) £250
Private Plate (inc fee) £430

That's the main ones I can think of. Total upgrades £7930
I know upgrades are 'per taste' but I think this is a cracking looking car as a result of them.

The tyres have done 15k. 6mm left (33% worn). Oversize from the original Evoque 245/45/20 tyres. These were chosen to fill out the arches out nicely while not being too wide (275's looks daft on a FL2 in my opinion). We're running 255/50/20 here and they are perfect.

Steering wheel is an amazing upgrade and has the thumb rests which are brilliant. HSE Seats inc armrests are in great nick with no sag (bought off 'Vanny' on here in 2018 and hadn't done much mileage then - about 40k if memory serves).

Car is in great condition, but be realistic with it's age. There's the odd stone chip etc but nothing that detracts from the look. Didn't realise how reflective it was to photo - I've included pics from various locations and light conditions.

Viewings are welcome in Chorley, Lancs. PR6. PM me for my number.

The car is available to take any time now really, but preferably not until 26th July, as I've got one last trip to London to make and would like to do it in this. Not a deal-breaker though.

£7500.
No stupid offers. I'm severely tempted to take it to the States with me. I already have shipping & import duty quotes and these are worth a lot more out there (not that I'd ever sell it).

Post #374930 12th Jul 2019 4:13 pm
Marksovereign

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Stornoway Grey

Hi is the Freelanderstill available, my brother in law is interested can’t seem to pm you

Post #375306 18th Jul 2019 8:16 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1