« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > Car park rage
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
The Doctor

United Kingdom 
Car park rage

The other weekend, me, SWMBO and her dad went walking up Kinder Scout. It took a fair while to find a space in Edale car park so we dived out to get a ticket while John parked the car.

We noticed him waiting for someone to leave a space and then he started reversing. It was at that point we noticed a red Alfa hatchback reversing at high speed which meant the driver was wanting to ‘win’ the space. Then there was an almighty bang!

I thought he’d hit John but in fact, he had been so busy trying to gain his victory, that he didn’t look properly and crashed into a parked 18 plate Golf GTi. Absolute moron. Rolling Eyes

To be fair, he left an apologetic note on the windscreen with full contact details for insurance but you’d still be livid if you were the owner. Totally avoidable.

Luckily the leaking fluid was only washer fluid.

LL.B (Hons) - University of Derby
LOT (Lord of Time) - University of Gallifrey

Post #374481 3rd Jul 2019 12:25 am
LR NUT

Scotland 2014 Freelander 2 TD4_e Dynamic Manual Fuji White

VE18 OUG avoid buying it Whistle MY14 Kahn Converted Dynamic - Fuji White Ebony/Pimento Interior
MY15 Xenon Headlight Conversion

MY17 RRS SVR - Estoril Blue Cirrus/Ebony 🪣💺’s

Post #374485 3rd Jul 2019 5:48 am
Andy131

United Kingdom 

proves my point

Ramblers are morons, greenlaners are wonderful people.

Based on a sample of one (driving a red Alfa), and the "fact" that anyone parking at Edale must be a rambler.
Also based on the "fact" that the Lake district welcomes ramblers (and their wallets), and severely restricts greenlaners.

- where is the tongue in cheek emoticon? Very Happy Tangiers Orange - gone, missing her
Replaced by Ewok what a mistake - now a happy Disco Sport owner

Post #374489 3rd Jul 2019 7:53 am
axle

England 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Santorini Black

Don't knock ramblers, there very useful as wheel chocks. Whistle Common sense isn't very common.

Post #374496 3rd Jul 2019 9:04 am
Boxbrownie

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

As long as the details were correct and not “ I am leaving this note because I smashed your car and people are looking and think I am writing my insurance details here, not a chance sunshine!”

Shocked Regards

David

Lovely i6 has now gone, but not me......

Please let me know if anything in my post offends you, as I may wish to offend you again......

Post #374499 3rd Jul 2019 9:28 am
dorsetfreelander

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Loire Blue

My son was in a car park and happened to have his dashcam on when someone opposite reversed into a car and then drove off. My son left a note on the damaged car saying that if he wanted a video of the event then contact him. Sure enough he got the call. 3 x FL1 2 manual + 1 auto
5 x FL2 4 manual + 1 auto
Now Discovery Sport P250 MHEV SE

Post #374501 3rd Jul 2019 9:34 am
Sidthecat

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Orkney Grey

Perhaps the Alfa driver was simply trying to move the VW into its own space?

Post #374527 3rd Jul 2019 7:30 pm
Steve D

United Kingdom 

My wife did something similar about 25 years ago. Sped into a space in a multi storey car park to beat someone else, wasn’t quick enough on the brakes and smashed both spotlights on our XR2 on the barrier. Past: FL2 TD4 HSE Auto
Evoque SD4 Dynamic Lux Auto
Present: Audi A3 S Line.

Post #374528 3rd Jul 2019 8:01 pm
IanMetro

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Fuji White

I find that the driving in supermarket car parks is far too fast, considering the mixture of pedestrians and manoeuvring cars.

My wife was knocked down, about 18 months ago, by a young lady who jumped in her car and proceeded to drive forward across some empty spaces. The driver was in such a hurry that she was looking to her left to check on possible merging traffic whilst turning right. My wife was keeping to the edge of the spaces and could not get out of the way.

Although my wife suffered a fractured pelvic bone and was immobile for several months, the lady was only sent on a driver awareness course, as the police said that the accident was careless but unintentional.

I have become a lot more careful, both walking, and driving, in car parks. FL2 XS SD4 Auto 2010 2012-2017 (21k - 91k miles) (MY2011)
FL2 Metropolis SD4 Auto 2014 2017- (16k - 76k+ miles) (MY2015)

Post #374535 3rd Jul 2019 10:01 pm
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

In a company car years ago I was waiting for someone to drive away long before the other driver was ever there, the space you could access both sides. I could see the driver was going to push in from the other side, we both got half a car in.

He wouldn't move so I picked up a broadsheet newspaper & put coffee on the dashboard. After about 8 minutes the other person left. I did check the car on return, luckily no coin scratches, I had taken note of the car's rego. Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #374536 3rd Jul 2019 10:26 pm
Steve D

United Kingdom 

My daughter and her boyfriend were on holiday in Iceland a few weeks ago. They were travelling in a hired camper van and he was doing most of the driving. She wanted to have a drive so as she was reversing out of a parking spot in a car park, another person opposite was also reversing out, neither saw each other and ...crunch! They both 'forgot' to take out hire excess reimbursement insurance so they’re hoping to get some change back from the hire company from their £2.5k deposit........... Past: FL2 TD4 HSE Auto
Evoque SD4 Dynamic Lux Auto
Present: Audi A3 S Line.

Post #374542 4th Jul 2019 7:40 am
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

I saw that in Germany 2 Tiguans reversed into each other. Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #374558 4th Jul 2019 11:13 am
RealBeale

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Sumatra Black

Tesco a couple of nights ago, Minehead. Alerted to some Censored in his Audi constantly blasting his horn. He was reversing out of a space and a lady in an x5 was doing the same the opposite side but 2 spaces up. Both were reversing left lock.However, you could see the woman was oblivious to the Audi as she had maneuvered first and was almost in a position to pull off. But instead of the Audi driver stopping or moving forward back in to his space, he continued the reverse, blasting his horn , you know, 'cos he's so damn superior and important to everyone else on the car park. BMW drove off, Audi was in such a Censored poor position , as he had been looking at the BMW the whole time he was reversing,that he had to shunt to be able to pull off and in all his rage nearly hit someone on the pedestrian crossing.

Post #374603 4th Jul 2019 9:32 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1