Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > In Car Electronics > Reverse parking sensor interface to none standard radio
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
GW8IZR

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Barolo Black
Reverse parking sensor interface to none standard radio

Hi all, I was wondering if someone who has already fitted an interface to a non-standard radio would comment on how it works out in practice please.

My 2009 FL2 has the CD 400 radio which is perfectly acceptable for what it is but I am wondering whether I might upgrade it to some Thing different and none standard in the future.

One thing that would really annoying me is losing the reversing sensor function. Not because I need reversing sensors I’ve always relied on the mirrors for that but it would bug me that they weren’t operational.

I’ve seen a few manufacturers Sell a unit that seems to intercept the canbus message and somehow interfaces that to an after market radio., I’m guessing someone here will have tried one and it would be interesting to read what it actually does. I did think about writing a bit of Arduino code to read the parking signal messages and send them to the telephone input on the head unit which wouldn’t be too hard but if the already available modules/cables function well then why not use one. I did read on another form that one such a cable just interrupted the speaker cables and introduced some bleeps into them which on the face of it sounds okay but the sudden cut of the audio and the sudden return of the radio audio apparently sounded very harsh (again that would annoy me 😀)

TIA regards Paul

Post #372966 2nd Jun 2019 2:48 pm
Loughy

United Kingdom 
Mods & sods

I've just replaced my CD400 for a Sony Dab unit.

Tried a couple of adapters that said they'd retain all functions , clock & Reversing , but none have worked .

Also my steering wheel controls don't all work as they should , mode turns off the radio , forward seek changes the display !???

Post #378859 26th Sep 2019 8:20 am
Chuckalicious

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Santorini Black

Look on InCarTec.co.uk

They have various fitting kits. Fair few people on here have replaced their head units and got parking sensors working. I think however, they work through their own speaker/buzzer, rather than through the new head unit, I believe. Learned to drive in 2011.
Bought a Micra - great little car
"Upgraded" to Kia Sportage - hated it
Proper upgrade to FL2 TD4 GS 60 reg Facelift - tailgate paint issues, fuel gauge rewire, transfer box failure at 36k miles, clutch at 60k
Reconditioned diff at 70k ish
Sold at 84k and now on a DS. Terribly unreliable.
Sold DS for a 2021 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV. Fingers crossed....
Sold Outlander for a 2014 SD4 SE Tech because I’m mental

Post #378875 26th Sep 2019 1:05 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1