Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Wheels & Tyres > New Dancing Shoes
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
JulesK

Wales 2014 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Firenze Red

There seems so many opinions on this Jules think now I have all new tyres I will need to find out when to move back to front and vice versa then hopefully all 4 will get changed evenly Confused

Sheep If it wasn't so bad it'd be funny.

🐑
Freelander 2 HSE auto 2014 ( Florrie ) ..... Try again.
Freelander 2 GS 2012...... Gone.

Post #371271 2nd May 2019 11:12 am
SouthamFL2

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Baltic Blue

Well for what it's worth, I ran my Conti's to 20000 before swapping them over. The fronts had 4mm and the rears 6mm. By the time they had done a further 20000 miles, they were all at 2.5mm, so changed the lot in one go, think they were at 43000/3 years old by the time that this event occurred.

The current Conti's that replaced the factory-shod are all around 5mm, but like others on here, I run Wintrac 4 Xtremes between October and April, so the wear rate is very low. I'm also aware that the factory Cross Contact UHP's are no longer available, and have been replaced by some Eco rubbish, no doubt that will wear quicker to appease the green headbangers. When the time comes to change them, then I will probably look at Pirelli or similar. I don't do Eco, that's why I drive an environmentally un-friendly Land Rover Rolling with laughter

Post #371278 2nd May 2019 12:32 pm
Bluebird1999

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Santorini Black

Just had 4 Pirelli Scorpion Verde all seasons fitted, 235/60 x18 through Black Circles fitted at ATS for £445, there was a 10% discount on offer. I checked ATS website and buying direct from them was nearly £20 a corner dearer. 64 plate TD4 SE Santorini Black
2021 Mazda MX5 GT Sport Tech

Post #371284 2nd May 2019 1:06 pm
Boxbrownie

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

You do have to be careful buying online tyres though, I usually always buy online and get them fitted locally paying the 10-15 pound each fitting fee, but recently needed a set of 255/55x18 and settled on the Michelin Latitiude Cross tyres and I got a good (I thought) price online, but before ordering I decided to give my local a try and upon enquiring they were slightly more expensive through the local dealer BUT they then said that Michelin we’re giving a cash back of £50 a set of four which brought the cost down to less than the online cost.

The online supplier had no indication of any cash back deals, no surprise really but worth bearing in mind. Regards

David

Lovely i6 has now gone, but not me......

Please let me know if anything in my post offends you, as I may wish to offend you again......

Post #371306 2nd May 2019 5:15 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123