Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Gearbox/clutch failure
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Rowy

Gearbox/clutch failure

Well, I've been goin on about my FL2 doing 24k miles with Zero problems- Saturday either the clutch or the gear box has imploded.

Rowy
PS.
Try not to break down in darkest Cumbra at midnight on a saturday! waited 3 hours for mondial to find a breakdown company to recover me! Wheels locked, on a blind brew, hail stone/p*ssing down, 60 mph zone

Post #30661 10th Nov 2008 12:22 am
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

Tough luck Rowy hope your back on the road soon. Hope nobody at L/R warranty dept reads your first ever post on here though Whistle At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #30662 10th Nov 2008 1:00 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

Shocked Good luck on that one, Rowy Thumbs Up

How did the car handle when you lost power?, just lost power and you had to pull over or did it just grind to a halt?

I guess this could be a test case for the "warranty v chip" if they look at the ECU and find anything that may have caused it.

But lets not make it a issue on here at the moment, then if LRW do look it has dropped of the latest post list and they have to find it amongst all the other post Thumbs Up

Hope it goes smoothly Rowy Thumbs Up Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #30672 10th Nov 2008 10:37 am
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

npinks wrote:
But lets not make it a issue on here at the moment

you just did Rolling Eyes At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #30676 10th Nov 2008 12:10 pm
Rowy

Thanks Guys,
Npinks-Engine was smooth as anything but during the journey the gear stick was vibrating (slightly) then half way up an hill she ground to a halt, the engine still runs with the clutch in but seems to have trouble transfering the power to the drive train! I'll Know more in a few days when they take her to bits.

I Forgot to mention that when she got wet-during the floods the other week, the electrics-radio, lights, locks, mirrors, alarm were all working but the ignition wouldn't come on untill she'd dried out for 24hrs.

P.S. I'll let ya Know about the other thing!!!
P.P.S Got a free half day landrover experience to look forward to, after i enquired about buyin A RRS.

Rowy

Post #30789 11th Nov 2008 8:43 pm
Rowy

Picked up the Fl2 today, new gear box fitted, car valeted in and out, No extra knocks on panels (T-F-F-T), Excellent service from LLOYDS, kept upto date etc.
After originally hating the Disco TDV6 SE (courtesy car) for being slow I'm now gonna miss it, decided to go the scenic way to Carlisle Whistle over Kirkstone pass Very Happy 6inch of snow-no probs, put it in low range and off I went, past an abandoned polo?? a Golf with snow chains on and a Mitsubishi L400, they really are a great machine. Bow down

Gotta say though soon as I was back in the FL2, it is a totally different drive but I do love it.

Rowy
57 GS TD4, Sumartra, full sport kit, 19in shadow chromes, light smoke side repeaters, new gear box.

Post #32578 5th Dec 2008 2:24 am
tattie george

Scotland 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Rimini Red

Quote:
After boasting about how great my FL2 was off road and looking forward to the snow comming the gearbox packed in the day after the snow came. After telling Enterprise that I must have a 4 x 4 the gave me a Jaguar XJ Soverign. Now I have to call on farms and the weather being a bit iffy it was just impossible.
They did manage to find me another Freelander after my dealer complained. Has been over a week now and still no word on my beloved car.
 Rimini Red Auto TD4

Post #37074 13th Feb 2009 11:26 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1