Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Eight weeks without my Land Rover and counting....
What is the longest time an FL2 owner has had to wait for a replacement part?
4 weeks
0%
 0%  [0]
6 weeks
0%
 0%  [0]
8 weeks
50%
 50%  [2]
10 weeks
0%
 0%  [0]
Longer
50%
 50%  [2]
Total Votes: 4

Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
islander

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Sumatra Black
Eight weeks without my Land Rover and counting....

The saga continues... Crying or Very sad

Some of my regular readers will recall that my FL2 went in for a bodywork on the 16th of December. I will not recount the series of disasters that ensued owing to the extreme stupidity of the garage allocated to do the work (which included a delay of over a week because they could not locate the locking wheelnut key, which I had cunningly hidden in the boot next to the spare wheel).

I recently posted praising the efforts of Charles Hurst who got involved at a late stage when a warning light came on while the car was undergoing repair and who did a service, carried out the recall work and replaced the turbo.

The job was held over ANOTHER three days this weekend when Days ARC in Neasden refused to send over the replacement rubber door seal on Friday the 6th of February and insisted on coming to Land Rover to fit it themselves. Apparently they were too busy not fixing everyone else's cars to send someone the gruelling distance of 5 miles, and the idea of putting it in a taxi was beyond their ability to comprehend. So they came. On Monday morning, naturally, I wouldnt have wanted them to hurry themselves just because they had already had my car for six weeks.

My wife waited in with our children on the 9th of February (Monday morning) as they promised to deliver the car back before 1 pm.....

Several hours later she rang Days ARC to ask where the car was, to be (eventually) told that WHILE IT WAS BEING DRIVEN BACK TO MY HOUSE A WARNING LIGHT HAD COME ON, SO THEY HAD TAKEN IT BACK TO LAND ROVER. They didn't ring and tell her, she had to make half a dozen calls to establish where the car actually was.

LR, to their credit, hooked her (the car) up to a computer and said there is nothing wrong. The warning light had gone out again before the car even got back to Charles Hurst. By then it was 5 pm so another day dawns with no car and crappy weather in London.

I will let you all know how it turns out. Does anyone want to make me feel better by beating my record of 8 weeks to supply a rubber seal and replace a car door?

Post #36827 10th Feb 2009 7:53 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

I had 14 weeks to replace a dashboard (not on my FL2)

Surely somebody can pull the part of the production line Shocked or are they now making cars and fitting the door seals later Rolling Eyes Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Last edited by npinks on 10th Feb 2009 10:15 am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #36830 10th Feb 2009 10:11 am
shilen

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Bali Blue

Time taken to cure knocking noise =

22 weeks and counting (its still not cured!!!) Big Cry

Post #36831 10th Feb 2009 10:11 am
Podcast

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Zermatt Silver

I was trying to get my fuel guage fixed & despite several goes they had over the course of a week, I ended up sending an email to the Dealer principal stating I'd be in the day after to either pick up my car fixed, or a cheque for the original £18k I paid. Needless to say the car was fixed within hours! Laughing

Post #36850 10th Feb 2009 12:58 pm
islander

She's back!

Thanks again to Charles Hurst, Baby has been returned, cleaned and polished and with all parts (so far) in working order. Very Happy

I do love her, but it wouldn't take much more of this mularkey to send me off into the arms of the Japanese or (gulps) ze Germans!!!!

Fingers crossed for a year of trouble-free off- and on-roading, with flies in my teeth Mr. Green and mud in my hair.

Post #36871 10th Feb 2009 5:19 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black
Re: She's back!

islander wrote:

Fingers crossed for a year of trouble-free off- and on-roading, with flies in my teeth Mr. Green and mud in my hair.

Or fit a windscreen Shocked much more comfortable At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #36875 10th Feb 2009 6:33 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 
Re: She's back!

islander wrote:

You are supposed to have a windscreen to stop this you know Whistle Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #36880 10th Feb 2009 8:00 pm
islander

Windscreen

I work in a place so muddy that the windscreen washers don't work and I have to lean out of the window to see where I am going.... Cool

Post #37013 12th Feb 2009 9:54 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

I didn't realise you was a Lady only mud wrestling referee Laughing

any photo's by chance Whistle Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #37021 12th Feb 2009 11:29 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1