Scotland 2014 Freelander 2 TD4_e Dynamic Manual Fuji White

Click image to enlarge
 MY14 Kahn Converted Dynamic - Fuji White Ebony/Pimento Interior
MY15 Xenon Headlight Conversion

MY17 RRS SVR - Estoril Blue Cirrus/Ebony 🪣💺’s

Post #370162 13th Apr 2019 4:27 pm
Boxbrownie

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

No wonder they are in trouble......still making the FL2 there Rolling with laughter Regards

David

Lovely i6 has now gone, but not me......

Please let me know if anything in my post offends you, as I may wish to offend you again......

Post #370163 13th Apr 2019 4:33 pm
Boxbrownie

Actually if they WERE still making the Freelander they might not be in trouble Wink Regards

David

Please let me know if anything in my post offends you, as I may wish to offend you again......

Post #370164 13th Apr 2019 4:34 pm
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

Somewhere is a big shed being filled up with the petrol engine model everyone needs these days. I managed to get one out the back door! Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #370174 13th Apr 2019 8:38 pm
j77

Scotland 

Boxbrownie wrote:
Actually if they WERE still making the Freelander they might not be in trouble Wink

Not so.

Evoque and Disco Sport have been the key to LRs boom over the last few years.

Uk sales up 8.4% 21MY Defender 90 S 3.0 D200

Post #370196 14th Apr 2019 6:48 pm
SouthamFL2

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Baltic Blue

It pains me to say it (again) but the new Ewok will save the company in the short term. Having personally pushed it hard last weekend, and looking at the forward orders coming off the line for L551 over at Halewood, it's evident that this will more than help prop up the business between now and Defender launch in terms of much needed cash flow.

I hate the Ewok, alwaŷs have done, and everything that it stands for, and desperately want it to fail, but it simply won't. It's a game changer, and in 5 years time, we will all be saying that and wondering just what the Freelander was all about.

Sad, but true.

Post #370198 14th Apr 2019 8:03 pm
Boxbrownie

It was all a bit tongue in cheek, but yes I agree with the comments re the Ecroak saving JLR over the past few years, time will show that the Freelander along with the D4 were the last of the “classic” LR styles.

Unfortunately it even looks,like the new Defender is going “fashion” as well.......it won’t look half as good as a Series 2 when rusty Rolling with laughter Regards

David

Post #370199 14th Apr 2019 8:10 pm
GJH0702

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Sumatra Black

Freelander, Evoque & Disco Sport- all 3 had fault's- Disci Sport ended in 'rejection'
But I still walked into new LR showroom nr Preston to look.
family think I am certifiable looking at another LR - but wallet had a bigger vote- I walked- stupid money.
But then its the big question- need a higher vehicle(knee problems) - 17 plate E class gets mid 50's MPG but getting in/out is hard work.
Looked at Merc GLC but as other have said - doesn't do it for me.
Volvo XC60- again not in Freelander camp.
If only they had refined / updated the Freelander and kept it sub 40K !!! 2011 XS,Sumatra Black, GONE MARCH 2014- RR Evoque Prestige 5 door ,MY 2014,Loire Blue, Silver Roof, Panoramic roof.
MY 2016 Disco Sport HSE Auto Scotia Grey,REJECTED
Mercedes E220D AMG line with air suspension(Gone)
DS 200 SE Dynamic my 21 (Gone)
DS 200 SE Dynamic my 22 (Gone)
Audi Q5 40TDI S line

Post #370206 15th Apr 2019 7:07 am
RogB

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

Crazy when you think that from the original origins of Land Rover back in 1948 that it was 'soft roader' SUV's like the FL1, FL2 and Evoque that saved it from the cliff edge over the last 20 years.

People no longer want or require the hard core off roader in most of the worlds countries, the small - mid size SUV is where the market is at for the current and future markets.

Post #370212 15th Apr 2019 7:40 am
dorsetfreelander

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Loire Blue

Not sure about the comment "People no longer want or require the hard core off roader in most of the worlds countries" the vehicle of choice in rural Africa seems to be the Toyota Landcruiser and Hilux pickup which are everywhere. I have been in places in Botswana and Kenya in a Hilux where I am sure that an FL2 would cope but not sure for how long.

I have seen a lot of stuff on Twitter this morning about the new Defender and Defender pickups but unless the price and durability is similar to the likes of L200 or Hilux I can't see LR ever regaining the utility market 3 x FL1 2 manual + 1 auto
5 x FL2 4 manual + 1 auto
Now Discovery Sport P250 MHEV SE

Post #370214 15th Apr 2019 9:11 am
Boxbrownie

Unfortunately true, every vehicle on the farm which hasn’t got “New Holland” plastered over it is indeed of Japanese origin, a couple of HiLux a Navara and a rusty old bucket of which I am not sure of its heritage right now, but they all keep going and hardly ever get the hoods lifted.

Depressing but true.

Then again my daughter is awaiting delivery of an iPace (imminent after a two week delay) butnthat will be just for show,of course Rolling with laughter Regards

David

Post #370215 15th Apr 2019 9:32 am
IanMetro

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Fuji White

I went into my LR Main Agent today to book my next service.

Found it difficult to park because the whole site is bursting with new and secondhand Range Rovers and Land Rovers.

They seem to be stockpiling them. (or can't sell them?)

Although they all look very nice, they exceed my pocket money. FL2 XS SD4 Auto 2010 2012-2017 (21k - 91k miles) (MY2011)
FL2 Metropolis SD4 Auto 2014 2017- (16k - 74k+ miles) (MY2015)

Post #370259 15th Apr 2019 5:29 pm
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

They are trying to shift all the diesel engines first. The petrol engines are all in a shed out the back! Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #370277 15th Apr 2019 10:50 pm
Tigger

United Kingdom 

IanMetro wrote:
I went into my LR Main Agent today to book my next service.

Found it difficult to park because the whole site is bursting with new and secondhand Range Rovers and Land Rovers.

Although they all look very nice, they exceed my pocket money.

To be fair, I dropped by at my local BMW dealers, Ocean in Plymouth, very recently and it was exactly the same. With the regimented way that BMW insist that the cars are parked and their oh-so-similar styling, it looked like a clone army massing for war! There were so many, there wasn’t a single space left for potential customers to park in Rolling Eyes I drove away again without stopping.

Post #370278 16th Apr 2019 1:01 am
Deafender

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver

Quote:

The Missus has just traded to a new Jaguar F-Pace in preference to another DS...

She went looking for our usual, i.e. a 7-12,000 mile used car, but the manufacturers are pushing new much harder through price discounting and interest rates, and it turned out MUCH cheaper overall for her to go brand new... even with a deal based on 28,000 miles per year.... we really hadn’t expected that outcome...

We collected it a week ago and same thing.... the JLR dealer forecourt was choked with used LR and Jaguars, I dropped her off but couldn’t park without obstructing the entrance...

One does wonder where they will end up... I was about to trade my FL2 into the same dealership but now have an exchange engine in mine, so that will wait another 24 months now... not that I am complaining, I was wondering what I would get next as I never liked her DS as much as the FL2... Lexus RX450H - 500 mile a week commuter- I just couldn’t trust in a newer RRS or DS for that….
2009 Freelander 2 HSE... 155K miles, we’ve done 135k of those, has done brilliantly on the commute and staying firmly put as car two in the household
2002 Jaguar XK8 Coupe... fun, fast, ours for 12 years and owes us nothing - so staying with us too…

Post #370282 16th Apr 2019 6:03 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 5 of 7 <1234567>