Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Camping, Caravanning and Holidays > Do you need to book camping sites??
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
dorsetfreelander

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Loire Blue

IanMetro wrote:
I think that Scotland is beautiful, although I have to admit to bias as I was born in St Andrews (to English parents)

And just to prove the point. One of my sons is at St Andrews at the moment doing a PhD and he says that there are hardly any Scottish people there. It's full of English and American students and golfers. 3 x FL1 2 manual + 1 auto
5 x FL2 4 manual + 1 auto
Now Discovery Sport P250 MHEV SE

Post #367896 6th Mar 2019 11:26 am
IanMetro

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Fuji White

Hope you enjoy your trip.

Travelling south from Gloucester on the M5, choose your time carefully as it can get very busy on Fridays and Saturdays, and most other rush hours. Past Bristol is a pinch point.

If you are coming across to Gloucestershire, have you considered travelling on into Central and North Wales instead.
Beautiful scenery and quite out of the way.

You do have to be careful of some of the minor single track roads as they do not have passing places (unlike Scotland), but most places can be got to using normal carriageways.

I visit South Wales many times, Abergavenny and the Brecons are lovely and there are some surprisingly good roads (including dual carriageways) allowing you to travel quickly once you are out of the scenery. I recommend the A470 from Brecon over the Brecon Beacons and down to the M4 near Cardiff for an easy ride and outstanding views. FL2 XS SD4 Auto 2010 2012-2017 (21k - 91k miles) (MY2011)
FL2 Metropolis SD4 Auto 2014 2017- (16k - 76k+ miles) (MY2015)

Post #367897 6th Mar 2019 11:33 am
Largered

dorsetfreelander wrote:
IanMetro wrote:
[I think that Scotland is beautiful, although I have to admit to bias as I was born in St Andrews (to English parents)

And just to prove the point. One of my sons is at St Andrews at the moment doing a PhD and he says that there are hardly any Scottish people there. It's full of English and American students and golfers.

What ? ..... No Japanese ??

When working for the Japanese, I once took a senior manager to have lunch at the golf club (home of golf) St Andrews ......... he thought he had died and gone to haven ! ......... to him, I was a god and could do nothing wrong.

Thumbs Up

Post #367900 6th Mar 2019 11:46 am
Largered

Enjoy your break, what ever you (both) choose. Smile

I must be 'more adventures than many' ...... "Live a Little ........ Live a Lot" ....... Meet Many ........ from ALL walks of Life.

so I lived with a travelling circus in France and stayed at a 'bothy' in Scotland. Wee Deoch an Doris comes to mind.

I have met some very nice gypsies and got on well with them, class structure apart.

Post #367907 6th Mar 2019 2:58 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12