« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > United Kingdom > Swirl Valves...a quick link to help
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
njh1

England 2007 LR2 TD4 GS Auto Bali Blue
Swirl Valves...a quick link to help

I'm doing ours at 140,000...It's complex but still only knuts and bolts and I am happy to talk to anyone doing it. lets save some money!!!

Our's bent two exhaust valves £9.80 each.

Had the head checked over by Head Technique in Shropshire (i'm not connected but they have done my TR7 head, Mercruiser head and the will be doing the new boat engine checks and have been spot on every time...and honest).

There are two part numbers on the manifold, one with swirl valves, one without and the manifold appears to be in the Evouque, Jag XF and and Citreon c Crosser without swirls.

I ordered origional and have simply removed the Swirl Valves.

The Vacumn operated Actuater is connected to the operating lever that is connected to a brass bar down the middle of the valves or flaps.
Remove the conection between the lever and vac actuater gently prising it off, then you can remove vac actuater...it's a twist and click fit...but be gentle as they get more brittle with age. Once the actuater is removed you can remove the lever. There's a small metal retainer c clip style clip. It just pulls out which means you can remove the lever. You should now see the exposed end of the brass bar....get a good grip on it and simply pull firmly out. The valves will still be in place due to their additional fittings. I simply gripped each one with pliers and twisted them out, making sure I accounted for all the pieces.
You can then refit the lever, c clip and actuater letting the ecu do what it normally did.

Think thats right...do pm me for help if you are not sure...

Nick.

Post #366990 20th Feb 2019 1:33 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1