Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Efficient service from a dealer! Take a bow, Mr King!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
islander

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Sumatra Black
Efficient service from a dealer! Take a bow, Mr King!

Hats off to Mr Paul King, Customer Service Manager at Charles Hurst Land Rover, Park Royal. Bow down

After the debacle of my insurance-funded repair with DAYS ARC (one to avoid, everyone), I was Big Cry clinically depressed when I was told that, just as the repair was complete, a warning light had come on on Baby's dashboard.

The diagnosis: terminal failure in the turbo.

The solution: replacement of the part. Dreading ANOTHER three week delay for a part, I called Mr King, who could not have been more helpful......

The upshot: the part is being fitted as I write, AND a service is being done AND the recall jobs are being done Very Happy

Thanks to Charles Hurst for saving the day. I have formal complaints outstanding with the insurance company (Directline) about their handling of my claim and that of Days ARC, will post here when I get a response.

Post #36464 6th Feb 2009 2:33 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Great service by the forum sponsors Thumbs Up Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #36469 6th Feb 2009 3:39 pm
Rowy

Nice One Thumbs Up Mr King
but don't give us half a story,
What repairs were you having done?
Whats happened to the turbo?
How many miles have ya done?

Post #36474 6th Feb 2009 5:13 pm
islander

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Sumatra Black
Be afraid, be very afraid

Okayyy, so the full story goes: I pranged the rear door (in the dark) on a foot-high post on December the 15th 2008 Embarassed . I notified Directline, my insurer, that day.

They referred the work to Days ARC in Neasden who didn't even collect the car until the 24th. The garage ordered a new door (and door seal) from Land Rover on the 27th of December, the insurer okayed the order in the 29th of December. After many phone calls, I was (eventually) told that the repair couldn't be carried out BECAUSE OF THE LACK OF A RUBBER DOOR SEAL!!!! for over three weeks Twisted Evil

Meanwhile, while the car was supposedly parked in the garage undergoing repairs, the turbo died (7000 miles of easy driving, HSE automatic, much caressed, no towing) and a new one was ordered. The car was moved to Charles Hurst who carried out a routine service, replaced the turbo and did the series recalls on sun roof and PWC heater. You will all note that I managed without my 4WD battlewagon throughout the recent and ongoing blizzards and freezing weather, the worst in London in 20 years. Yippee.....

Which brings us to today, the 6th of February. Days ARC just rang my wife to say the car was with them and ready for collection on Monday the 9th of February

Which was strange, as it is actually at Charles Hurst, several miles away and still awaiting the fitting of the new door seal.

I would laugh if I didn't want to cry. Rolling with laughter Big Cry Anyone who takes a car to Days ARC needs their head examined Rolling Eyes .

Glad I bought British......

Post #36484 6th Feb 2009 6:40 pm
Rowy

chapter and verse-that's how we like it!

Can't beleive they took your car in over xmas-I presume it was still driveable? at least you got some satisfaction in the end.

Post #36543 7th Feb 2009 12:47 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1