Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > What the hell?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
shilen

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Bali Blue

Hope a dog hasn't cocked its leg up your tyre recently, was the offending water of a slightly yellow tinge?

Post #361942 13th Dec 2018 6:38 pm
dorsetfreelander

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Loire Blue

On a slightly different topic my wife came in last night complaining about a "sloshing noise" on her Peugeot 207 when she goes around a corner. I started thinking wheel bearings etc and this morning took it out and sure enough a "sloshing noise". Had a look under the bonnet and discovered that the space just under the wipers and below the windscreen is half full of water. Did a quick search on Google and found similar stories and all down to a blocked drain hole. The cure involves either taking the wipers and a big plastic molding off or poking around with a bent bit of coat hanger. So that's tomorrow's job lined up. 3 x FL1 2 manual + 1 auto
5 x FL2 4 manual + 1 auto
Now Discovery Sport P250 MHEV SE

Post #361952 13th Dec 2018 7:51 pm
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

Worms wrote:
Farmerchalk, it might be worth finding where the tyres are normally topped up...just in case it’s your own on-farm compressor that is putting out water! Smile

If you have not done it yet, install a few long as you can lengths of copper pipe back & forth along the coldest wall slightly down hill with a drain and reservoir at bottom & vertical upwards feed to air outlet. That will condensate most of the moisture in a cool climate.

The problem we have down under in the outback is when there is humidity, is letting the tyres down day after day for the on & off road cycle! You can end up with a lot of moisture laden air cycled through the tyres after a week of this process. Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #361960 14th Dec 2018 4:50 am
Jimboland

England 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Santorini Black

dorsetfreelander wrote:
On a slightly different topic my wife came in last night complaining about a "sloshing noise" on her Peugeot 207 when she goes around a corner. I started thinking wheel bearings etc and this morning took it out and sure enough a "sloshing noise". Had a look under the bonnet and discovered that the space just under the wipers and below the windscreen is half full of water. Did a quick search on Google and found similar stories and all down to a blocked drain hole. The cure involves either taking the wipers and a big plastic molding off or poking around with a bent bit of coat hanger. So that's tomorrow's job lined up.

I have this problem with my F2. The three double drain holes are a bit small, OK for water but I get a lot of gunge from nearby trees and it blocks them. I find a large cable tie, because they are flexible and have the square bit on the end, poked down the holes once a week keeps them clear. A handy place to keep the cable tie is in the hollow in the midddle of the rubber bonnet seal at the back of the bonnet. Handily the square bit of the cable tie can be hooked over the screen washer pipe to stop it going all the way in to the seal.

J

Post #361973 14th Dec 2018 12:00 pm
dorsetfreelander

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Loire Blue

Peugeot sloshing noise update. Poked around with a length of coat hanger which would just reach the drain hole, sudden gurgling sound followed by big wet patch under the car. Job's a good'n 3 x FL1 2 manual + 1 auto
5 x FL2 4 manual + 1 auto
Now Discovery Sport P250 MHEV SE

Post #361982 14th Dec 2018 8:12 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12