Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Australia & New Zealand > How many kms do FL2 shocks do?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Aussie Battler

Australia 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Stornoway Grey
new rear shocks

I have just replaced my rear shocks ,one had no rebound at all and the other was soft . My tyres were due for replacement but the tyre on the shock with no rebound was badly worn ,the other one less worn and the front were just about worn . I used the KYB from eBay and there was a lot more resistance in the new units and a vast improvement in the handling also lifted the rear noticeably as I think it had probably sagged because when I got the wheel alignment the mechanic checked the height of the vehicle in said it was spot on .replacement is fairly easy once you figure the easy way ,drop the lower control arm ,remove brake calliper , abs sensor wire and hose from brackets then undo the lower clamp and wedge open with a small cold chisel ,undo the top nuts then push the whole assembly down using your foot , when down enough lay the whole lot out from under the guard and slip shock from wheel knuckle . Before you clamp the spring mark the position of the spring ,rubber insert and top plate as it has to go back the same way as it came out . Reassembly is the reverse but you will need the Missus to align the top plate and put the nuts back on, We used a long allen key to align it .

Post #359659 30th Oct 2018 5:38 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12