« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Blue tooth ...again
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
mikeandpauline

Scotland 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Zermatt Silver
Blue tooth ...again

Hi, new member here in need of assistance, I have a FL2 march 07 SE with the phone prep, i got my old brick nokia upgraded in june to a nokia 6500 slide, paired it with the FL and had problems from the get go, disconnecting after call, not copying phone book etc, put up with it for a few months then had a scare nearly crashed trying to re-connect, so decided on another phone....used LR wesite to id fully compatible phone and bought SE K800i, paired phone now even worse than Nokia, keeps disconnecting, no call lists or phonebook, took FL2 to local dealer yesterday and he updated software on car for me, slightly better, can make outgoing calls but not receive, now disconnects every 20 secs or so, still no phonebook, but I do have a rather natty signal indicator on the radio display! I am aware software on phone can be changed but that is way beyond by tech ability,

Can someone please tell me of a phone suitable for the '3' network that will work straight out the box or help me with how to get what I have working,

I have read most threads on this subject but some were quite old and I expect software, phones etc have all changed.

cheers

still smiling..........

Post #34628 14th Jan 2009 10:41 am
AndyT

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Sumatra Black

Try pairing some friends' or relatives' phones - whatever you can get your hands on. If you get similar behaviour with a variety of models you can go back to the dealer and confidently say it's an issue with the car's system - maybe a faulty bluetooth tranceiver module. What's the audio quality like when it does work? If it's glitchy/distorted then that would suggest a high error rate which might be a signal strength issue.

Post #34644 14th Jan 2009 12:04 pm
colby

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Sumatra Black

Try updating the software on the phone. I had similar problems when I first got my FL2 - an upgrade of the phone software resolved all of the problems.

Post #34655 14th Jan 2009 1:50 pm
mikeandpauline

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply, i've tried a couple of phones with the BT, the only ones that seem to work faultlessly are nokia 6230 and 6288 which are both older phones, when i was at the dealers they let me pair my phone to a new FL2 and the phone had the same problems which to me meant a phone issue, I've arranged for a friend who has a SE k800 but with older software to call in next time he is passing so I can try his and see if it has any problems, as for my phone i have had '3' check it for me and the software and it is the latest issued, I have tried SE to see if I could get an older software that LR list as compatible but they can only supply latest.

I spoke to a local PC shop this morning and they have put me in touch with a phone shop in Edinburgh that may do a software download for me to an older version, probably my next port of call.

This is becoming a bit of a challenge, thought at first i would just buy another phone but i don't want to let the b#'@*+d beat me.

cheers...........still smiling

Post #34666 14th Jan 2009 3:49 pm
mikeandpauline

Hi, me again, further to above Andy, when i make a call speach is very clear on my side, but other end is clear but with an echo, so I'm told, also today after it disconnected I dialed a number on the phone and although it said disconnected everything came through speakers, I got the other person to call back nothing came through speakers and when i answered nothing came through handset...weirder and weirder.
as for BT signal strength, just tested with old 6288 and K800, SE still disconnecting and 6288 I can get out of car and walk about 10 paces away and it is still connected, don't know if that helps

...still smiling...just!

Post #34668 14th Jan 2009 3:57 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

I've just ordered a Nokia E51 and a palm treo 500 as free upgrades, Now I find out they arn't fully compatibly with a FL2 Rolling Eyes The other option I had was new 6300's but I already have those.
Looks like the new phones will fetch a pretty penny on ebay Whistle Unless anyone knows that they pair with the fl2 ? At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #34688 14th Jan 2009 8:03 pm
mikeandpauline

yeh thats where my 6500 slide has just gone!

you never know one of your phones might work, my 6288 works great voice tag dialing and everything and it isn't listed as compatible, i only changed it because it grinds instead of slides! but i suppose LR can't check all phones, you would think that manufacturers would get their act together and all use the one system, but that would be too easy!

..........still smiling

Post #34697 14th Jan 2009 10:24 pm
dick

England 2012 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Baltic Blue

chicken george wrote:
I've just ordered a Nokia E51 and a palm treo 500 as free upgrades, Now I find out they arn't fully compatibly with a FL2 Rolling Eyes The other option I had was new 6300's but I already have those.
Looks like the new phones will fetch a pretty penny on ebay Whistle Unless anyone knows that they pair with the fl2 ?

I have an E51. It pairs fine with my FL2, and seems to maintain a rock-solid connection. I've never had any comments about poor sound quality when using it, though I'm not a heavy in-car phone user.

The only issue with the E51 (as will all pre-5th edition Symbian phones) is that it doesn't support PBAP (Phone Book Access Profile) so it won't automatically synchronise the phone book or recent call lists. You can work around the phone book problem by sending each individual entry to the car via bluetooth (you have to do each number separately when a person has multiple numbers in a phone book entry or the send fails.) It's tedious - it took me about half an hour to run through my phone book, but it only needs to be done once. (I described the process in slightly more detail here).

I'm looking forward to trying a 5th edition phone when a proper one is available (June-ish I expect) as that is supposed to support the bluetooth profile.

- Dick

Post #34755 15th Jan 2009 3:45 pm
mikeandpauline

colby wrote:
Try updating the software on the phone. I had similar problems when I first got my FL2 - an upgrade of the phone software resolved all of the problems.

Thanks Colby, i updated my phone via 'davinciteam' last night changed software to one listed on LR site as compatible, paired it today and it works a treat, phonebook, last 10 calls etc all working great, incoming and outgoing calls through speakers and nice and clear, good suggestion, cheers!

for anyone in similar boat 'davinciteam' website easy to use , good FAQ support which has links to what you need and how to do it, watch out if you have NOD32 virus software it doesn't like the anti reverse engineering programme that they use and needs to be turned off before downloading or it rejects it, total cost of update...............£9.34, a lot cheaper than a new phone.

Mike

............still smiling Very Happy

Post #34912 17th Jan 2009 3:58 pm
dick

England 2012 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Baltic Blue

dick wrote:
I have an E51. It pairs fine with my FL2, and seems to maintain a rock-solid connection. I've never had any comments about poor sound quality when using it, though I'm not a heavy in-car phone user.

The only issue with the E51 (as will all pre-5th edition Symbian phones) is that it doesn't support PBAP (Phone Book Access Profile) so it won't automatically synchronise the phone book or recent call lists.

I updated the firmware in my E51 today to the latest version (v300), went outside to set up the bluetooth pairing again with the FL2, and now I seem to have phonebook and recent call list synchronisation. I also have /O, /H or /F after names which I think indicates 'other', 'home' and 'fax' numbers, which I didn't have before. (Except for long names, which a) don't scroll; and b) don't cut off early enough to leave space for the marker - which rather makes it less useful. But at least I no longer have to play 'guess which is the mobile' when I've got 4 lines of 'Fred Bloggs' on the phonebook display Smile )

I double-checked the synchronisation by deleting the car phonebook and having it download again automatically, and it worked. It never did before.

It's not completely flawless. I now have a long list of 'Unknown number' entries and a couple of '/O' (ie blank 'other' numbers.) But at least they are at the end of the list so I won't really run into them either calling or receiving calls.

I'm assuming this has only changed at the phone end, and there was no surreptitious software updating when I had the car in for the heater fix recently.

- Dick

Post #35707 28th Jan 2009 4:36 pm
jules1967

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Tambora Flame
XDA anyone

Hi all,
anyone any ideas on this one?
Got myself an O2 XDA Ignito (rebadged HTC Diamond 100) - amazing piece of kit, but tried to pair with the fl2 last night and ... it syncs fine, calls, hangs up, phonebook ok etc perfect - ,but the audio stays on the phone so I can't use the car speakers or mic which is realy the point.
Help Big Cry 07 Freelander 2 TD4SE Tambora Flame, side steps, privacy glass, mud flaps, boot liner and a tow bar. Ok it's the Wifes but she lets me drive it occasionally - if I've been good!

Post #35840 30th Jan 2009 3:02 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1