Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Camping, Caravanning and Holidays > Toilet tabs or good old pink and blue?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
rnlisg

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

Purplemadboy wrote:
A lot of sites don’t allow you to use blue anymore, they want you to use green. Seemingly green is more environmentally friendly.

the next thing these eco friendly sites will ban will be caravans,big white blobs messing up their nice(or in many cases not so nice sites) Rolling Eyes gone
P38 v8 auto no problems,great howle from exhausts when giving it welly
Td5 auto head gasket,no5 pot not uncommon but good car.
1st Tdv6s manual epb problem fixed under warranty(stealer said"never heard of this before,i suggested he looked at d3 forum.
2nd Tdv6 se auto epb
3rd Tdv6 xs auto 2008,swmbo,s favourite.

Post #352818 6th Jul 2018 8:29 am
rnlisg

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

chicken george wrote:
Holiday home, arrive, open door using key in combination key box. Upon leaving return key to box. Leave kitchen and bathrooms in reasonable order but don't 'clean'

Or,nice cheap back to basics and eco freindly sort of shed in the countryside setting,plenty of bedding(straw)and fresh pick your own fresh eggs.they are called chicken runs,CG will know about these,and might start a new idea in holidays. Whistle gone
P38 v8 auto no problems,great howle from exhausts when giving it welly
Td5 auto head gasket,no5 pot not uncommon but good car.
1st Tdv6s manual epb problem fixed under warranty(stealer said"never heard of this before,i suggested he looked at d3 forum.
2nd Tdv6 se auto epb
3rd Tdv6 xs auto 2008,swmbo,s favourite.

Post #352820 6th Jul 2018 8:37 am
dorsetfreelander

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Loire Blue

Navigator wrote:
then people moved on to a bucket with a mixture of paraffin and water.

Is the paraffin floating on the surface to keep the smell in or is it to dissuade people from smoking in the loo? 3 x FL1 2 manual + 1 auto
5 x FL2 4 manual + 1 auto
Now Discovery Sport P250 MHEV SE

Post #352821 6th Jul 2018 8:42 am
Navigator

Scotland 

Dougal had made his annual trip to Glasgow to purchase supplies from the remote Hebridean island where he lived with his wife Morag in a tiny croft with very basic comforts.

While in one of the big hardware stores in Glasgow he was shown the newly invented chemical toilet - the "Birmingham Can". He was very impressed by it compared to the hole in the ground with a plank across it that he and Morag had been using for fifty years. He thought that as they were getting old they could have a little comfort in their remaining years, so he bought one and carried it down to the docks along with his other purchases.

It was only when the MacBraynes steamer was well on its way passing Aisla Craig that he realised he had left the gallon of chemicals sitting on the quayside. The Chief Engineer had come up from the engine room for a smoke and they discussed his predicament as the ship sailed resolutely across the Minch. The Engineer was an educated man and explained that the missing chemical was actually not needed and paraffin would work just as well.

So when eventually back at the croft he showed his new purchase to Morag and got busy installing it in the little wooden shack on the croft. Once it was all set up he got ready to enjoy the luxury. Once seated, as was his custom, he lit up his pipe, and as he had always done, dropped the match down between his legs.

There was an almighty bang. The hut was flattened and Dougal was left lying on his back, blackened and with his clothes in tatters. Morag came rushing out ot the croft house shouting, "Dougal, Dougal, what's happened? Are you all right?"

Dougal replied, "I don't know what happened. It must have been something I ate on the boat!" Everyone can spread it - Anyone can catch it. Stay home - the life you save can be your own!

Post #352826 6th Jul 2018 9:48 am
mcsimmo

Scotland 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Mauritius Blue

Rolling with laughter Updated- Waiting for a Scotland v England 6 Nations home win. 24th Feb 2018
Gone-1972 88 SWB Soft top
Gone-1981 24v FFR Lightweight
Gone-2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS manual
Gone before it bankrupted me- 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 Auto
2013 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto

Post #352855 6th Jul 2018 6:44 pm
Worms

Scotland 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Zermatt Silver

Navigator wrote:

Dougal replied, "I don't know what happened. It must have been something I ate on the boat!"

Lol! I think I’ve experienced the same thing from Calmac catering! 2005 D3 2.7 Auto
Previously:
2010 MY FL2 TD4e GS - Now gone at 199,500 miles, about 135,000 of them mine.
‘93 Defender 110 200TDi CSW
‘87 Defender 90 4 cyl Petrol
‘83 110 CSW V8 - best ever!
Range Rover 2-door V8 (not sure of year - 4-speed box and vacuum diff switch)
Series III SWB Diesel

Post #352858 6th Jul 2018 7:22 pm
Allen

England 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Orkney Grey

most high end caravans now have a non chemical water flush,and the crystal sachet are recommended.

Post #355687 27th Aug 2018 8:51 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12