Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Finance & Insurance > Bloody Admiral!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Steve D

United Kingdom 
Bloody Admiral!

Had to attend a speed awareness course last week - doing 39 in a 30 last October in Staffordshire.

Anyway, just to keep things above board I notified my insurers today.

LV insurance - got our Evoque with them. No conviction/points so need to notify.

Carol Nash - Got my FJR1300 and SH300 bikes with them. No conviction/points so need to notify.

Admiral - Named driver on daughters policy. £5.50 insurance hike plus a £25 policy change fee. Grrr.

I suppose that's how they do insurance so cheap by getting you in other ways! Past: FL2 TD4 HSE Auto
Evoque SD4 Dynamic Lux Auto
Present: Audi A3 S Line.

Post #314822 9th Jan 2017 11:08 am
tenet

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Orkney Grey

What with that and your boiler you ain't having a good day Whistle MY 09 GS manual in Lago Grey, Wood Co arm rest and side bumper strips - now sold.

MY 15 SD4 SE Auto Orkney Grey with colour coded Bumper Door Mouldings

Post #314824 9th Jan 2017 11:35 am
andy3681

United Kingdom 

Admiral group there are a few well known names google it. add a loading for speed awareness courses.
a lot don't so you know to shop around when renewal is due,
Found that out on my speed awareness course Whistle

Pinched off the internet.
Admiral Insurance
'Bell' from Admiral (Exclusively Telematics Policies, previously Bell Insurance)
Confused.com
Diamond Insurance (for female drivers, launched in July 1997)
Elephant
In November 2012 Admiral were criticised by the police and the BBC for penalising vehicle drivers who had opted to take an educational course on speed awareness in place of receiving penalty points on their licence. Although the police did not treat these courses as convictions, Admiral Group companies had chosen to treat them as such and had raised insurance premiums for these drivers by between £80 and £300

Post #314825 9th Jan 2017 11:40 am
EYorkshire

Landrover Insurance (Allianz), last year £325 and always around that figure but in June last year I notified them after taking out someones wing mirror, but they never claimed and this year its £680 for my honesty.

Did an online quote with Saga with more European cover than Allianz and admitted the wing mirror fault on my part, came out at £293.

Bye bye Landrover Insurance.

Post #314842 9th Jan 2017 2:32 pm
choccymonster

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Tambora Flame

My wife works in an insurance broker and (apparently) some of the price hikes you see in your second/subsequent year of insurance are simply because the underwriter doesn't want your business/risk on their books. This could be for a whole SUITE of reasons, some of which are nothing to do with you.

I don't pretend to understand it, and if I ask the wife to explain it to me again we'll end up having another argument...

However, it's true. Rather than decline to quote, they'll load your policy high in the hope you'll go elsewhere. This (apparently) is rife with insurance policies sold through vehicle manufacturers (i.e. Ford, Land Rover etc). They take on the risk in the first year as they get a kick-back from the manufacturer and then don't want to know in the subsequent years. Particularly if actuaries have reassessed the risk for your vehicle, road, prevalent weather conditions, employment, other people in your road, time of the year, etc etc etc....

It would seem that they have decided that loading the policy so you "go away" is better (from a marketing point of view) than simply declining to quote.

Post #314860 9th Jan 2017 7:48 pm
Teefin

Scotland 2014 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Fuji White

Just got my renewal from land rover at £300 not too bad but to add my son who is 26 with 7 years no claim on his own policy jumped it to £420. Got a call from my old company underwritten by RSA and full comp protected business use with son on £290. I have had a claim non fault with RSA previously and their handling process was first class. I would have stayed with land rover but just too much of a hike for adding son. RSA also give up to 12 years NCB landrover only 9. The price for me only was very close for the same cover. 2017 Discovery Sport Pure Fuji White "Lynne"
2002 Discovery D2 GS Oslo Blue "Ozzie"
2014 Freelander TD4 GS Fuji White "Linda"
2001 Discovery2 td5 ES "Edith" Gone
2007 BMW325DSE Gone
Wife Still here!

Post #314888 10th Jan 2017 11:36 am
ad210358

England 

Admiral will also add it for three years just like endorsements, they did with mine and swmbo's back in 2012, charged us an extra £25 each for three years, final straw when the three years passed they they increased my policy by £350, despite never having a claim in the last twent years. p****d off with a Digital Keyboard Warrior

Post #315039 11th Jan 2017 5:52 pm
Landyjim

2011 Freelander 2 SD4 Sport Auto Santorini Black

Simples - don't speed (or get caught) Rolling with laughter Wink With Admiral myself and have been for almost 10 years, they have been great when handling claims and even waive the admin fee sometimes if you ask nicely.

Post #354796 11th Aug 2018 11:27 am
Delboy

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver

Why would you tell them you’ve had a speed awareness course? They are not documented like endorsements and there’s no way they can find out about them.
If you have to take one, don’t tell insurance. Derek Hill
2009 FL2 HSE TD4 Auto

Post #354839 11th Aug 2018 9:38 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1