Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Service warning ....
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
avtur

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey
Service warning ....

Booked in for service next week, managed to judge it just right mileage will be just over 15K on the day.

Anyway have noticed this week that there is a service warning on the display, comes on first (or at least I first noticed it at ...) 600 miles to go. Once the waring is triggered it can be seen at every start up from then on, it seems to count down in 25 miles increments.

So come on guys time for a few more of you to be hitting that first service Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Post #4782 20th Jul 2007 8:59 pm
Dave

Scotland 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Indus Silver

Only 14,200 miles to go Shocked

Let us know what the servicing costs are Thumbs Up ______________________
2011 Full Fat RR 4.4 TDV8
2012 FL2 SD4 Auto HSE
2013 Kawasaki Versys 650

Post #4861 25th Jul 2007 10:57 am
avtur

Today's the day ....

Took car to dealer yesterday for first service (14971 miles, not bad timing for me), in hand was a list of all the problems I've had. The guy at service reception had to type all my notes into his computer in order for the jobs to go on the work sheet and therefore get done. Among the items were two 'noises/rattles'; I was asked if had time to accompany a technician on a drive in the car to identify the noises. There were two noises the more annoying of which comes from the nearside rear of the car, much to my amazment the noise was immediatly picked up by the technician, which is most unusual because normally they stop the minute soemone else listens!!

Anyway, around 3pm yesterday received a call from service team leader asking if it was OK to keep the overnight, they were still working through the list! I agreed, so am expecting a call this afternoon to say its ready ... fingers are crossed ... Very Happy

Post #4862 25th Jul 2007 11:33 am
defkalion

Greece 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Hi Avtur, wish you the best of luck. Keep us posted about the findings regarding to noise...

Post #4866 25th Jul 2007 12:58 pm
avtur

First service now complete ...

I presented a list of 'little jobs' when I dropped the car off for service; service ended up as two day job.

* 2 new door mirrors fitted to eliminate creaking and juddering when they fold/unfold Very Happy

* Software updates in place, not sure what to expect but told car is up to date, will watch for previous faults

* Reversing bleeper now much lounder Very Happy

* Clock display (in radio) now on all the time ignition is on Very Happy

* Sofware update has changed the start up display on radio used to say Land Rover CD-400 now says Land Rover 6CD-400 but there is a catch ... the CD now doesn't work at all ...will be heading back to dealer Sad

* Annoying rattle/noise from rear of car seems to have gone, but aquired another in F/N/S door, will be discussing further Very Happy & Sad

* Oh, nearly forgot the first service was completed, whatever that entails. Only obvious sign is new oil. Very Happy

* New B post trim to be fitted, seat belt cutting into it; correct part not available so will return for that.

* The menu price for first service was £346, since I don't pay the bills I wasn't told what price was actually paid. Shocked

* Service department staff, very pleasant and helpful Very Happy

Post #4887 26th Jul 2007 9:16 am
The Villager

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Stornoway Grey

Hi Avtur
sounds like you are at last being looked after, did you get a free coffee?
I did mention in a prev post that service prices do vary and might be woth a few tel/calls
David David

Post #4888 26th Jul 2007 10:10 am
carlfraz

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Hi Avtur,

I'm at 12623 miles so service due shortly, as the replacement car is due on 1st Sept am hoping that I can hand the old motor back without the service, as i'm away for a few weeks too between now and then I should just acheive that target, Kerching!!

I do have a couple of questions though:

Are the parking beeps noticably louder?

Is the new B post trim being redsigned as mine is wearing through too?

Cheers Matey

Post #4937 28th Jul 2007 4:06 pm
bilen123

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Zermatt Silver

Interested in how you know they changed the oil...my service was done at 6.5k miles....oil looked the same when I got it back!

Post #34834 16th Jan 2009 2:06 pm
avtur

bilen123 wrote:
Interested in how you know they changed the oil...my service was done at 6.5k miles....oil looked the same when I got it back!

As I've said elsewhere there is an element of trust in the service process, short of standing over the car I don't know how you prove what is done.

As far as the oil goes, then I always pull the dip stick after the service. I look for two things, first that the level is correct and also to look for colour change. My experience is that the new oil doscolours very quickly but you can usually see a difference for a couple of days enough for some assurance that the oil has been changed.

Over the years I've carried out more oil changes that I care to remember, I've always been disappointed that despite dropping the oil when it hot, leaving the sump to drain for hours and of course always changing the filter then the new oil always discolours very quickly. but usually it is possible to see a difference in the short term, enough in this case to prove that the person entrusted to changing the oil has in fact done so. Stornoway Grey GS ... What a fine motor Smile ... but not any more ... Big Cry ... psst look at my gallery!
Company cars ... a thing of the past - May 2013.

Post #34843 16th Jan 2009 4:30 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1