Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Slow acceleration - FL 2 2013 si4 hse
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Andreasden1977

Slow acceleration - FL 2 2013 si4 hse

My FL2 which I recently acquired with 59000 km seems to be accelerating slowly. Time from 0-100 km/h is about 12 seconds which is quite a lot above the 8,8 specified by LR.

I do come from a Bmw 135 w 304 HP so part of it might be feel rather than reality but it feels like nothing is happening when I push the pedal.

It’s in for 60k maintenance so hopefully that can detect and solve the issue but curious to understand if this is a known issue and what the fixes are?

I read on the forum, seems like it’s a somewhat known issue with older models and Diesel engines but have not been able to find anything on the 2013 si4 engine. Supposedly that model was supposed
To have better acceleration but in my car it’s well hidden...

There are no other issues like problems starting or sprutting. It’s just very very sluggish when I push the accelerator pedal

Thanks for any help

[/list]

Post #345383 19th Mar 2018 9:58 pm
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

I can't help with technical issues but it should accelerate closer to 8 seconds according to this report https://www.themotorreport.com.au/car-revi...79225.html

The engine is a Ford Ecoboost 2.0 litre engine, & I can assure you that it takes off at the lights when needed! Even with the car fully laden, it doesn't make much difference.

Are you using higher octane fuel, in Australia RON91 is crap & blocks filters.

Check for any split plumbing.

There are not many Si4 engines here so it may be best to look at some Ford forums as it is the same engine. Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #345389 19th Mar 2018 11:55 pm
F5JJT

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Orkney Grey

[I do come from a Bmw 135 w 304 HP so part of it might be feel rather than reality but it feels like nothing is happening when I push the pedal.]

I just acquired a FL2 3.2 i6 which is fairly rare here in the UK and as I'd just jumped out of my F Type 380 bhp it too seemed sluggish - we probably both need to adjust. Having said that your Si4 is if I'm not wrong turbo charged so I'd look at the turbo circuit/components if I were you - the 2.0 litre engine will still pull you along OK ish but if the turbo isn't providing the boost it should then bingo it ain't gonna light the strip up ! Good Luck ! [/quote] F2 3.2 i6 for the white stuff
F Type 3.0 V6 AWD for the fun stuff

Post #345424 20th Mar 2018 3:04 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1