Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > FL2 Best Features (or perhaps wish list for FL3)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
aesmith

Quote:
Chelsea Tractor/Footballers' Wives/Bling rather than anything that would actually need Terrain Response controls.

Drifting the thread a little, I wonder how many find Terrain Response and HDC actually useful. In the old Freelander HDC was much too fast for a serious off-road descent. With the FL2 I had a quick try with the Terrain Response on wet ice which was quite difficult to handle, but it appeared to make no difference at all. When I used older generation off-roaders I don't remember ever wishing for gadgets of that nature. ----------
Tony S

Post #339285 12th Jan 2018 4:03 pm
Northcroft

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Zermatt Silver

ianfish wrote:
New struts I would think , no effort needed with mine.[/quote]

thanks ianfish, does anyone know of a good cheap set of struts to try?

I know on my Honda Civic I got a cut price deal on a set of mercedes ones that were spot on.

Post #339287 12th Jan 2018 4:13 pm
dondiddy

United Kingdom 2012 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Firenze Red

No idea on the quality of the parts but there is various different suppliers offering a pair of new struts for around the £20 including postage on Ebay. Part number for reference is LR030618. Thumbs Up
Update. There is a pair of new genuine struts listed for £20 plus £3.90p postage. See item no eBay Item No. 253343958292.(no connection to the seller.)

Post #339289 12th Jan 2018 4:27 pm
IDL

England 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Stornoway Grey

aesmith wrote:
Quote:
Chelsea Tractor/Footballers' Wives/Bling rather than anything that would actually need Terrain Response controls.

Drifting the thread a little, I wonder how many find Terrain Response and HDC actually useful. In the old Freelander HDC was much too fast for a serious off-road descent. With the FL2 I had a quick try with the Terrain Response on wet ice which was quite difficult to handle, but it appeared to make no difference at all. When I used older generation off-roaders I don't remember ever wishing for gadgets of that nature.

I don't think anything is going to control your progress on wet ice unless you have studded tyres.

Post #339290 12th Jan 2018 4:36 pm
aesmith

Quote:
I don't think anything is going to control your progress on wet ice unless you have studded tyres.
True. and that supports my opinion that in bad conditions electronic gadgets don't help much, and in less severe you don't need them anyway. ----------
Tony S

Post #339292 12th Jan 2018 5:07 pm
Worms

Scotland 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Zermatt Silver

aesmith wrote:
Quote:

Drifting the thread a little, I wonder how many find Terrain Response and HDC actually useful. In the old Freelander HDC was much too fast for a serious off-road descent. With the FL2 I had a quick try with the Terrain Response on wet ice which was quite difficult to handle, but it appeared to make no difference at all. When I used older generation off-roaders I don't remember ever wishing for gadgets of that nature.

Quite surprised by that. I found that the GGS mode made a huge difference on wet, polished, packed, frozen snow. Also found the HDC of use on a similar surface on a steep downhill brae. On just slippy surfaces, switching DSC off also shows its contribution. Never having had access to these functions before I am impressed by all three. 2005 D3 2.7 Auto
Previously:
2010 MY FL2 TD4e GS - Now gone at 199,500 miles, about 135,000 of them mine.
‘93 Defender 110 200TDi CSW
‘87 Defender 90 4 cyl Petrol
‘83 110 CSW V8 - best ever!
Range Rover 2-door V8 (not sure of year - 4-speed box and vacuum diff switch)
Series III SWB Diesel

Post #339300 12th Jan 2018 6:55 pm
JulesK

Wales 2014 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Firenze Red

Same here, very impressed and now a lot better knowledge of what's what after my Peckforton Castle off roading, HDC came in very handy a few days ago.

Perhaps get a LR experience to show you what the car is capable of. If it wasn't so bad it'd be funny.

🐑
Freelander 2 HSE auto 2014 ( Florrie ) ..... Try again.
Freelander 2 GS 2012...... Gone.

Post #339302 12th Jan 2018 7:01 pm
Bobupndown

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Orkney Grey

I found the GGS useful in recent snow, I had a steep uphill journey on fairly packed snow and it managed it perfectly, on the return journey down the hill which at places is 1 in 4 I was quite cautious and wary of losing traction. I put the HDC on and set it to about 8 - 10 MPH and it confidently brought the car down under perfect control. Landrover - turning owners into mechanics since 1948

2014 Orkney grey Freelander SD4 GS.
2004 Zambezi silver Discovery 2 Td5 (Gone)
1963 Surf blue Morris Mini Minor Super de Luxe (my little toy)

Post #339304 12th Jan 2018 7:48 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123