Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Australia & New Zealand > Looking at buying a Freelander (MY13-15) White vs Black seat
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
sestrooper

Australia 
Looking at buying a Freelander (MY13-15) White vs Black seat

Hello! I'm falling in love with the freelander 2 and decided to purchase one! I live on the Gold Coast but it seems there are a few available interstate which I may decide to fly and drive back. My question relates to the leather interior. Does anyone have the white interior "almond" colour and can comment on how hard it is to keep clean? I personally like both colours the same and assume the black is easier to keep clean... In saying that, the white certainly makes the car look a little more "premium"

Thanks!

Post #338411 2nd Jan 2018 8:44 am
anglaslt

Lithuania 2015 Freelander 2 2.0T HSE Lux Auto Havana

My Freelander has tan leather interior which is easy enough to keep clean. I regularly wipe it over with a clean damp cloth and occasionally use a leather wipe and it still looks like new.

I've had much lighter leather interiors on other cars and still kept them clean. I wouldn't worry too much about the colour of the interior if it's the car you like and you're prepared to take care of it. I've heard stories of blue jeans staining leather but it's never happened to me.

Good luck with whatever you choose. What are you looking for, diesel or petrol? The Si4 auto is a very nice car and available in Oz Thumbs Up driving on the right side

Post #338422 2nd Jan 2018 10:27 am
SkyeGuy

Scotland 

My Fl2 has a cream-colour leather interior. I reckon it looks really smart. The leather seems to be pretty tough, and is a harder texture than the leather in the Jaguar that I also own. In both cars, the interiors are un-marked. Leather cleans quite easily with a damp cloth, or with a little leather cleaner if necessary. Apparently some clothing dyes can transfer to the leather - for example, new unwashed denim jeans can leave a blue stain I believe, though I have not had this problem. I use a leather conditioner every six months or so, which is supposed to prevent the leather drying and cracking. I use Autogym products - which may or may not be available in Australia. Currently enjoying:
2011 Freelander 2 TD4 XS (SOLD)
2013 BMW X3 20D M-Sport Auto
2007 Jaguar XK 4.2 Coupe

Post #338423 2nd Jan 2018 10:31 am
SkyeGuy

Scotland 

My post crossed with the one above - pleased to see we agree! Currently enjoying:
2011 Freelander 2 TD4 XS (SOLD)
2013 BMW X3 20D M-Sport Auto
2007 Jaguar XK 4.2 Coupe

Post #338424 2nd Jan 2018 10:32 am
sestrooper

Australia 

Thanks for the great replies!
I was looking at a 2013-2014 TD4 SE with approx 40,000 kms. I only decided on diesel because from my reading they seem more economical and at present diesel is also cheaper in Australia compared to 98! I think the second hand price makes the diesel the same price as a petrol so I figure I should just get the diesel instead. I could get a S4D HSE for an extra $5,000 AUD (3500USD) with similar kilometers... ahhh decisions decisions.

Post #338427 2nd Jan 2018 11:09 am
anglaslt

Lithuania 2015 Freelander 2 2.0T HSE Lux Auto Havana

SkyeGuy wrote:
My post crossed with the one above - pleased to see we agree!

Haha. Rarely have two posts been in such agreement. 2-0 to light leather Thumbs Up driving on the right side

Post #338437 2nd Jan 2018 12:17 pm
tenet

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Orkney Grey

I'm aghast with the thought that somebody would drive a FL2 wearing jeans - whatever next Rolling Eyes MY 09 GS manual in Lago Grey, Wood Co arm rest and side bumper strips - now sold.

MY 15 SD4 SE Auto Orkney Grey with colour coded Bumper Door Mouldings

Post #338453 2nd Jan 2018 4:14 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1