« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Never Again!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
shilen

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Bali Blue
Never Again!!

Decision made - I will NEVER BE OWNING A LANDROVER AGAIN when my lease runs out. 3 trips to 1 dealer with no resolution, off the road for 5 days at another dealer and still have the knocking noise - dealer basically calling me a liar when I said knocking noise still there as they say it wasnt when i picked it up, damage to my car which they totally deny. Main Landrover Customer Care not interested in the slightest about any of my problems and inconvenience - i have had to call them a week after my complaint to be basically told 'nothing we can do'.

I simply do not know what to do now - still have 2.5 years left on the lease!

Last edited by shilen on 25th Nov 2008 5:00 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #31790 25th Nov 2008 4:46 pm
snappa

Scotland 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Buckingham Blue

Sorry to hear of all your troubles, it's crap when you get treated like that.
Like you say the best way to vote is with your custom, ie elsewhere!

You could try contacting the press office and telling them you are thinking of going to your local paper to see if they are interested in doing a story on LR's shocking treatment of you, or even contact a national paper who does that Watchdog type thing in trying to get consumer's money back.

Confused

Post #31794 25th Nov 2008 4:58 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

i'm not sure on the rules, but say you wish to hand the car back as its not fit for purpose

I know Carlfraz has successfully done this, might be worth a PM

It maybe also worth a email to the chairman of Landrover, I believe "Very Annoyed" on RRSport may have a email address for him

It not a good state of play when the dealers start insulting you

obviously James at our forum sponsor might be able to give you a little help

his best contact is jamestayler@charleshurstgroup.co.uk Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #31799 25th Nov 2008 5:18 pm
mburton2

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Sumatra Black

Its a pity you are put off of LandRover, because of poor dealer-service...remember the dealer is NOT LandRover..Although I understand that Dealers are what the population see as "LandRover"... '57 FL2 GS
Sumatra Blk, Tints, Winterpack, Dodgylooking TowBar, roof rails, Front & Rear LED Indicators, Clear Side repeaters(Led), LED Rear Position/Brake lights, Additional Power-point in the boot & Brighter luggage Illumination fitted

Post #31843 25th Nov 2008 10:38 pm
edh

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Santorini Black

Unless they've changed recently the names you need are:
CEO - David Smith
Managing Director UK - Phil Popham
UK Marketing Director - Anthony Bradbury

I believe the email format is: firstletteroffirstname.surname@landrover.com eg dsmith@landrover.com

Old fashioned way: Land Rover UK, Banbury Road, Gaydon, WARWICK, Warwickshire, CV35 0RR

Hope that helps.....

Post #31961 26th Nov 2008 10:23 pm
j77

Scotland 

I don't think you should be put off land rover because off a crap dealer. I had majour problems with my disco 3, The engine seized and had to be replaced under warrenty, and I was all for going back to my hyundai santa fe but my dealer (stratstones) bent over backwards to keep my custom. Would it be possible for you to try another dealer, I don't think land rover would happy about the way you have been treated. When I had my problems land rover sent me £150 for all my inconvenice.

Post #31964 26th Nov 2008 10:57 pm
j77

Scotland 

My first car i owned had a fault from day 1, dealer told me it was my driving and constantly said there was no fault found. I went to trading standards and they told me to reject the car, when i told this to the dealer they admitted there was a fault but didn't know what it was. so i rejected the car and the dealer, who weren't very happy, arranged for a replacement car. never got any compensation from them, and to this day they are still trying to win back my custom.

Evil or Very Mad Arnold Clark sucks Evil or Very Mad

Post #31965 26th Nov 2008 11:11 pm
stormsky

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Lago Grey

Don't blame you one bit Shilen.

It will be 1 week tomorrow since my 300 mile old FL2 was towed away to the dealers and I'm still waiting to find out when I get it back. When I called today I was told the dealer is waiting for parts.

I'm just about out of patience and seriously considering asking for my money back. I've gone from running 2 VW's and 2 Mercs over the last 9 years without having a single fault or failure to this piece of cr@p.

I wish to god I'd bought something else.

Unless things rapidly improve this is the first and last LR I'll ever have the misfortune to own 58 HSE, auto, lago grey, tints. Mine and my dogs Storm and Sky
TT Quattro, black. Ers.
AC Cobra rep in build. Ars.

Post #32078 27th Nov 2008 10:16 pm
Nick Jan

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Stornoway Grey
shock

I'm shocked by your story, and understand your reaction. However the fact is the vast majority of FL2 owners on here have had much better experiences.

All manufacturers manage to produce the odd lemon, and sadly your LR dealer sold one to you! Evil or Very Mad Life is not a dress rehearsal!

Post #32098 28th Nov 2008 1:32 am
shilen

Re: shock

Nick Jan wrote:
I'm shocked by your story, and understand your reaction. However the fact is the vast majority of FL2 owners on here have had much better experiences.

All manufacturers manage to produce the odd lemon, and sadly your LR dealer sold one to you! Evil or Very Mad

I know that only too well, my previous car, a BMW Coupe, was off the road for a week within a month of owning it, but the sheer professionalism and courtesy shown by the BMW dealership was far superior to the clowns I have dealt with at Landrover. I thought the first dealer was useless but at least they didnt damage my car and then deny it like the second dealer, and Landrover Customer Care, utter useless, they should be called Landrover Customer 'Don't' Care. I sent an email to the Sales Manager of the supplying dealer on Tuesday and guess what - not even the courtesy of a reply! A recorded delivery letter is on its way to him Monday and if he doesnt reply within 7 days and take action I am rejecting the car under the Sales of Good Act and taking my custom to a company that look after their customers!

Post #32116 28th Nov 2008 9:49 am
MVS

shilen,

I have much sympathy having had to deal with LRCS before with the D3's I had. They are pretty useless. Forget them go direct to the supplying dealers DP, and be polite.

My way through the LR mire before was to deal respectfully and in a non aggressive matter of fact way with the Dealer Principle at my original supplying dealer. First contact by phone, to arrange a face to face meeting, then further by e-mail & post. At the end of it your dealer will want help (financially) from LR to solve your issues. If you get their back up unduly you will not get anywhere.

We (DP & I) know each other quite well by now, still speak even though he supplied me 2 replacement Disco's in 12 months due to continued air suspension failures, and 1 of 3 cars being rejected within 2 miles of new delivery due to catastrophic rodent wiring damage.

Be patient but persistent, you will get there in the end. Thumbs Up

Incidentally I swore NEVER to have a LR again, BUT I have after a 2 year break...never say never. I even told my wife to kick me in the nuts if I ever considered one again Shocked

Thankfully she isn't very quick Laughing

Post #32118 28th Nov 2008 10:31 am
shilen

Just to update you all I emailed the Sales Manager of the supplying dealer 3 weeks ago. After a week of no reply I managed to get hold of the Manager by phone who said he would contact the Service Manager to investigate the fault. A week later without a reply I contacted the Manager again and he apologised for the lack of response and said 'give me 10 minutes'. Its been 24 hours and I'm still waiting!

Giving it till next week and then will be contacting the Chairman, Managing Director and Marketing Director and if I hear nothing by the end of the year I am rejecting the vehicle under the Sales of Goods Act and buying something else (the Audi Q5 looks tempting!)

Post #32855 11th Dec 2008 6:35 pm
MVS

When I said be persistent maybe I should have said that you will have to keep ringing/writing to them.

If you 'go quiet' / 'don't get in touch' for a few days they will hope/assume you have gone away.

If you just sit and wait for them to ring you will be waiting forever, just be a polite pest and keep ringing, give them a deadline by which you require some movement or commitment from them. I am sorry if this sounds like 'teaching Granny to suck eggs' but worked for me, but did take 4-6wks to get my money back.

Post #32857 11th Dec 2008 7:13 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

you may want to reconsider the Audi Q5

Kaine on RRSport wrote:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=AgpJ8PFvKrI

Laughing Laughing Laughing
 Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #32860 11th Dec 2008 8:41 pm
Dave

Scotland 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Indus Silver

shilen wrote:
Just to update you all I emailed the Sales Manager of the supplying dealer 3 weeks ago. After a week of no reply I managed to get hold of the Manager by phone who said he would contact the Service Manager to investigate the fault. A week later without a reply I contacted the Manager again and he apologised for the lack of response and said 'give me 10 minutes'. Its been 24 hours and I'm still waiting!

Giving it till next week and then will be contacting the Chairman, Managing Director and Marketing Director and if I hear nothing by the end of the year I am rejecting the vehicle under the Sales of Goods Act and buying something else (the Audi Q5 looks tempting!)

I would say take a drive to the dealer and refuse to leave untill they have sorted the problem and given you a firm day/date when they will take the car back.

Just my 2p worth. ______________________
2011 Full Fat RR 4.4 TDV8
2012 FL2 SD4 Auto HSE
2013 Kawasaki Versys 650

Post #32861 11th Dec 2008 8:48 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1