« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Insurance
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
The Villager

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Stornoway Grey
Insurance

It pays to take a few mins on the net to get the right company at the right price--

I am with saga(over 50s) fully comp, myself driving, full NCB, protected NCB, legal protection,personal accident, pay first £200 excess, renewal arrived today £297.63, found a better quote, same cover, telephoned Saga, result---

£236.31 Saga matched theprice, stayed with Saga
Anyone beat this with the cover I have?
David Very Happy
If only we could do a deal with Gordon on road tax! Crying or Very sad David

Post #2073 20th Mar 2007 4:55 pm
carlfraz

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Blimey David thats good!!

Got mine down to £621 Big Cry mind you I'm 37, with 7yrs NCB, protected, three other named drivers, clean licence, 25K per year m'ge and driveway parking, couple of other legal extras and key cover.

Role on the years till I too can enrole in SAGA.

Considering the bad press these 4x4's get from our 'friend' Gordon and the 'Green' fanatics, the mpg we return on the FL2 is, I think, pretty good considering the type and weight of the car, just wish the wifes Mini Cooper got what I do the gallon!!!

Post #2412 12th Apr 2007 10:48 pm
boiledgnat

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Your insurance cost sounds about right - I'm paying 605 (39, 5yrs NCB protected, clean license).

I went with NFU Mutual in the end, they were a little more expensive, but offered the best value and service considering I was coming off a 10 year period of driving a company car.

As attractive as a cost saving with SAGA is, I would like to delay time, not speed it up! Sad

Post #2414 13th Apr 2007 7:20 am
stuartp

United Kingdom 

I managed to get full comp with protected NCB with privilege insurance for £260
Which I think is pretty good as I am 38.Me and the Wife on the policy.

I also got GAP insurance for just over £200 up against the exact same policy from Landrover costing £490!!

Post #2415 13th Apr 2007 8:12 am
wombat

United Kingdom 

Anyone with LR insurance? My premium for the FL2 is £581. It can only ever be repaired with LR parts by an LR dealer. It also has covers off road damage and the carriage of firearms and ammunition. Try getting that cover with other insurers for under a grand!

Post #2416 13th Apr 2007 8:55 am
boiledgnat

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

LR insurance for me was 540, but they wouldn't give me protected no claims.

I managed to get gap insurance from my LR dealer for 210, as they price matched an internet quote I'd got! (They actually discounted the car more to provide the gap price match)

It definately pays to shop around !

Post #2418 13th Apr 2007 12:02 pm
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 

wombat wrote:
Anyone with LR insurance? My premium for the FL2 is £581. It can only ever be repaired with LR parts by an LR dealer. It also has covers off road damage and the carriage of firearms and ammunition. Try getting that cover with other insurers for under a grand!

LR Insurance also covers anything you might want to tow behind you and it's contents and also anything you stick on the roof like a roofrack or roofbox and it's contents.
Remember also that if you tow a caravan or a boat and you leave the road to enter a caravan park or slipway many insurers now consider you to have left the highway and are therefore you are off-roading and your have voided your cover............................. It is worth checking with your insurers as what they define as the "highway" I think most people will be surprised to find that these days of trying to avoid claims payments most insurers consider anything other than a motorway, A road or B road to be off the highway and may decline to pay up if you are not on one of those road classes.. Land Rover Insurance covers you for anywhere you might reasonably be expected to take a Land Rover. How can carbon have a footprint, it has no feet?
Now driving - RRE Coupe Dynamic Lux Auto with Plus pack, Fuji White, Ebony, SD4 with tow pack
Gone - 2010MY FFRR TDv8 Stornoway and Ivory, Privacy - the pace of a TDv8 RRS, the incomparable grace of a Range Rover
Gone but will be missed- RRS Tdv8 HSE Stornoway Grey with Ebony Leather
Gone (only a little missed) RRS Tdv6 2.7SE Giverny Green/Aspen
Defender 90 County HT in Epsom Green

Post #2429 14th Apr 2007 8:26 am
Joiner_8

Scotland 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Loire Blue

carlfraz wrote:
Blimey David thats good!!

Got mine down to £621 Big Cry mind you I'm 37, with 7yrs NCB, protected, three other named drivers, clean licence, 25K per year m'ge and driveway parking, couple of other legal extras and key cover.

Role on the years till I too can enrole in SAGA.

Considering the bad press these 4x4's get from our 'friend' Gordon and the 'Green' fanatics, the mpg we return on the FL2 is, I think, pretty good considering the type and weight of the car, just wish the wifes Mini Cooper got what I do the gallon!!!

I managed to get a quote of £221.55 for a 1 off payment from tesco which I thought was a good price, this included no claims bonus protection and legal cover

Post #3272 22nd May 2007 6:26 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
pelyma

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver

NFU cover you off road, new for old for the first 2 years (like GAP), protected no claims and trailer cover. If you are going to drive off road (not gree lanes) then you will need this type of cover. D4 HSE Lux for me
FL2 HSE Zermatt & Alpacca for the wife now gone
Skoda Yeti L&K for the wife.

Post #3285 22nd May 2007 8:03 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1