Home > Technical > Electornics reset?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Sh0v3l

South Africa 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Nazca Sand
Electornics reset?

Lo all,

Dunno if many of you came across this, but it seems at random my FL2 TD4 HSE would reset all the onboard computer settings. All except for mileage.

Yesterday when I had to start the car in a hurry it wouldn't start.Shocked All the electronics came to life, but I had to try again, first without removing the key. FAIL! Then I removed the key, put it back in and hit the button and it started right up. (resetting all my trip and avg information) Big Cry

If any of you had experienced this before, and know what the causes are it would be much appreciated if you let me know.

Lata "If you can't explain in it less than 10 seconds, it's probably not worth knowing anyways"

Post #32580 5th Dec 2008 6:50 am
Barton Freelander

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Lago Grey

Happened to me about a month ago just after my visit to the lake district just reached 1000 miles on my trip etc then it reset back to 0 for some reason. Confused Freelander2 GS TD4 Manual in Lago Grey Smile .Roof Mount DVD 9.2''Screen~Window Tints~Parrot CK3100 Bluetooth~Retro Fit Sony Satnav~iPhone Dashmount~Side Steps~Woodco Armrest~Mudflaps~Land Rover Sunglass Holder~LED Interior Lights~Private Plate.Evoque Collected 17th Sept 2012.

Also Audi TT Roadster.Smile

Last edited by Barton Freelander on 5th Dec 2008 1:50 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #32582 5th Dec 2008 8:29 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
PA51 ELY

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HST Manual Stornoway Grey

Yep, most people on the forum have had this problem. Look at the threads for "Trip reset" etc.

All it needs is a software fix from your dealer. I found it used to do it if I was trying to be quick and jump in, start up and drive off. After software fix problem is sorted.

If you get it again before trip to dealer then the way to fix (as you have found) is to take fob out and try again.

Good luck

Post #32583 5th Dec 2008 8:46 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Sh0v3l

South Africa 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Nazca Sand

*sigh*
I'm guessing here that because the previous owner was a lady, it went unnoticed...lol
I'll have it checked today. Thanx guys. "If you can't explain in it less than 10 seconds, it's probably not worth knowing anyways"

Post #32584 5th Dec 2008 8:57 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1