Home > Technical > kinked washer pipe
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
jules1967

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Tambora Flame
kinked washer pipe

Hi all,
The washers weren't working so after trying to unblock the jets and failing, I opened the bonnet. Hey presto the washers worked perfectly. Closed the bonnet - back to a dribble. I tracked it to the washer pipe kinking by the bonnet hinge. It seemed to be taped to 2 bits of plastic fastened to the hinge so I cut the tape, moved the pipe round a bit and taped it directly back to the hinge. I'll get the dealer to take a look when it goes in for it's fortnightly 'fix the fuel gauge' visit (damn thing still keeps dropping back to zero once its below half Twisted Evil ) but ...

is this a known design fault - has anyone else has this problem. 07 Freelander 2 TD4SE Tambora Flame, side steps, privacy glass, mud flaps, boot liner and a tow bar. Ok it's the Wifes but she lets me drive it occasionally - if I've been good!

Post #32379 2nd Dec 2008 1:31 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

just the once with the fuel gauge fixed with the well known and trusted software update Wink Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #32383 2nd Dec 2008 1:43 pm
jules1967

npinks wrote:
just the once with the fuel gauge fixed with the well known and trusted software update Wink

Had at least 2 of those, plus a plug fixed ............ still doing it Big Cry
Dropped off 3 times on the way home last night. Oddly since the last 'update' rather than jump back into life, it now creeps back very slowly taking 5 mins to get back to 1/2 a tank.
So only me with a kinked pipe then ...? 07 Freelander 2 TD4SE Tambora Flame, side steps, privacy glass, mud flaps, boot liner and a tow bar. Ok it's the Wifes but she lets me drive it occasionally - if I've been good!

Post #32384 2nd Dec 2008 2:03 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

has it just become kinked or was they not working in the summer as well Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #32387 2nd Dec 2008 2:36 pm
jules1967

npinks wrote:
has it just become kinked or was they not working in the summer as well

To be fair, I think they've been bad for a while. I'd noticed they weren't as they should be and assumed it was the normal car wax in the jets problem, so I'd have to say yes it's probably been bad since the summer - are you thinking that the heat got to it? 07 Freelander 2 TD4SE Tambora Flame, side steps, privacy glass, mud flaps, boot liner and a tow bar. Ok it's the Wifes but she lets me drive it occasionally - if I've been good!

Post #32391 2nd Dec 2008 2:57 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

no just wondering why you left a kinked washer pipe until it was f Censored freezing outside Laughing

and if yours is like Mrs NP and drives around with no fluid in the washer bottle for months, only getting it filed when i have to move her car and notice its empty Whistle Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #32394 2nd Dec 2008 4:13 pm
jules1967

Fair point. I noticed it a while back but didn't get around to doing anything about it. If it had been on my car it would have been done within the hour but the Mrs rarely uses the washers so hadn't noticed. Unfortunatley, in this weather, she finally had to press the button and when all she got was a weak dribble, I got it in the neck. So, out I went, in sub zero temperatures and fix something that blasts cold water at me - what fun. Thumbs Up
We also didn't bother to mention it to Massey's the last 2 times it was in as that would be too easy too.
Yup, right clever we are Whistle 07 Freelander 2 TD4SE Tambora Flame, side steps, privacy glass, mud flaps, boot liner and a tow bar. Ok it's the Wifes but she lets me drive it occasionally - if I've been good!

Post #32398 2nd Dec 2008 5:35 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Laughing Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #32410 2nd Dec 2008 7:23 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1