« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > My Freelander 2 > HSE i6 - First Impressions
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
QUERCUS

2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey
HSE i6 - First Impressions

I'm now on my third day with the car and I can't describe how impressed I am with it. The car is rock solid, sturdy as a strong-box, but still responsive enough to give an enjoyable drive. Despite some cheapish issues, such as the plastic side covers in the trunk, the car gives a very high quality impression. It is packed with the latest gadgets, which I still haven't fully grasped. All-in-all I don't have one single word of complaint regarding the new Freelander, just an overwhelming feeling of excitement. I honestly believe the Freelander 2 is the benchmark in its category and that sales will balloon after the general public discovers it. 2007 Freelander 2 HSE i6
stornoway grey
black leather

Post #2188 2nd Apr 2007 6:40 am
defkalion

Greece 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

I received mine as well two days ago. Everything feels great in the car, no complaint whatsoever, either. The Auto is just great. I have 200km on the clock. Fuel consumption - mainly on highways - 11.4lt/100km. How about you QUERCUS? what is your average?

Post #2262 5th Apr 2007 9:14 am
QUERCUS

i haven't made a good empirical study yet, but fuel consumption hovers just below 12lt/100km on highways and as as high as 15lt/100km in city traffic. i hope that goes down a little after the engine is broken in. i'm not only overwhelmed by the car, but sales/after-sales gets my full 10pts too. that's after disappointing service at local BMW and Audi dealers. 2007 Freelander 2 HSE i6
stornoway grey
black leather

Post #2264 5th Apr 2007 9:27 am
gibbergump

Canada 2007 LR2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Hi Quercus,

glad to hear the positive report. looks like we have ordered the identical vehicle. Expecting delivery next week. i think i would have considered a diesel but unfortunately not available in Canada Evil or Very Mad

still, looking forward to finally driving away in the vehicle though Wink Been waiting since October....

by the way, i am curious as to what the picture you are using is? is this a representaiton of the northern lights??

Post #2287 6th Apr 2007 2:09 am
QUERCUS

gibbergump wrote:
by the way, i am curious as to what the picture you are using is? is this a representaiton of the northern lights??

the savoy vase, probably the ultimate design object (bar the FL2)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aalto_Vase 2007 Freelander 2 HSE i6
stornoway grey
black leather

Post #2295 6th Apr 2007 1:44 pm
gibbergump

Canada 2007 LR2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Thanks! very interesting. now I htihnnk i need one of these too. I've had the i6 HSE for 3 days as well now and i have to agree with you completely: Great vehicle. Worth every penny!

gg

Post #2539 20th Apr 2007 3:34 am
Quagmire

Canada 2007 LR2 i6 HSE Auto Tambora Flame

Got my LR2 last week and took it for a drive from Calgary to Edmonton. I got 8.4 l/100km going and 9.4 l/100km returning (decent headwind). I'm quite impressed with the ride/sound system/PTI (which works with a Motorola V635i). I didn't initially want the PTI but it seemed every LR2 in Canada came with it and I'm glad I got it. I got rock guard (clear plastic) put on the front so that should keep the front looking new for a few years to come. I was getting a super-annoying creak coming from the passenger door but it seemed to go away.

The only bad part about the trip was the fact I had to go to Edmonton. Just kidding, Gibbergump Laughing

I also saw my first LR2 in Calgary the day after I got mine. The guy was too busy fixing his hair to notice me though Rolling Eyes

Everybody either loves or hates the Tambora Flame (most people do like it). Personally, I love it Cool

Giggidy, giggidy

Post #3140 18th May 2007 5:40 am
DLDisco3

Belgium 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

My girlfriend has a F2 TD4, and I'm very impressed with both Laughing

Yesterday we had our go in an HSE i6 auto on the LR Experience test track, and WOW that's a fine beauty Thumbs Up
So, first impressions from a D3/Defender driver: Cool Cool Cool Cool Thumbs Up

Post #3216 21st May 2007 12:58 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1